If you are a fan of metal, get in here.

BustinJustin

So, you will either love this or hate it. I love it.

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/babymetal-metal-japanese-pop/

This is not a mash-up or a parody of an actual pop song. This is a real band of Japanese teenage girls (doing the singing) singing to metal music. And I like it....in the most non-creepy way possible. Their band is actually really good. I know the music isn't live but you get the point.

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

well this is certainly new 

mmm, normally I do hate pop but this is actually kind of catchy. I don't think it would matter who were singing, the song holds enough almost without vocals to the point where it doesn't matter what the singer is actually singing, but as long as they hit certain notes with the rhythm. 

he three band members, whose ages range from 14 to 16

that's pretty impressive though

meanwhile we get stuck with shit like beiber 

Error: 410

Ugh... what? The vocals kill it completely. :(

The instrumentals are alright IMO, but I'd rather some more, aggressive vocals.

This isn't what metal is about :(

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Thanks for sharing this haha

Although I do prefer "aggressive vocals" myself too(fan of old school death metal), I also think there's no "rule" book as to what "metal" music vocals have to be. There isn't one, metal for me is about not giving a f##k lol

HAHAHAHA THIS IS TOO FUNNY TO LISTEN TO :D

i agree whit you. just lol....

i did hear about his band years ago but didnt bother listening to them.

i thout they where gona start growling or something i was just like... trying not to piss my self...

I disagree. Metal isn't about cookie monster vocals all the time. Sure, I have my share of screaming and growling music (probably more than my share), but I enjoy good clean vocals, too. Just because the music is heavy doesn't mean that you can't have clean vocals, even 100%.

Blah, too pop-y

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I think the title should've include JPop. I like a little bit of metal and a little bit of jpop, but this doesn't please me. Seems like they added jpop singers to a metal band. But it all depends on the persons taste anyway.

METAL and CHOCOLATE! doesn't get any better than that :lol:

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I disagree. Metal isn't about cookie monster vocals all the time. Sure, I have my share of screaming and growling music (probably more than my share), but I enjoy good clean vocals, too. Just because the music is heavy doesn't mean that you can't have clean vocals, even 100%.

There's plenty of clean vocal metal out there. Metallica, Iron Maiden and Megadeth to name a few, hell, even the clean melodies in metalcore songs are better than this.

I don't like the 12-year-old schoolgirl vocals. Fuck that shit.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Here I am, listening to 5FDP as I post this...

I have to save this. All of my friends are big metalheads, like for real I love you for this find.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

There's plenty of clean vocal metal out there. Metallica, Iron Maiden and Megadeth to name a few, hell, even the clean melodies in metalcore songs are better than this.

I stopped reading at "metalcore"... Anyways, it's all about preferences, but out of curiosity, you were literally trying to listen to this group seriously and not as a joke? 

I've been at live shows with dismembered pigs and blood on the floor, and still I was able to laugh at this group haha just laugh at it.

I stopped reading at "metalcore"... Anyways, it's all about preferences, but out of curiosity, you were literally trying to listen to this group seriously and not as a joke? 

I've been at live shows with dismembered pigs and blood on the floor, and still I was able to laugh at this group haha just laugh at it.

Well that's partly what I was saying. I can't take this group seriously. I've heard similar stuff that was trying to be serious so I guess I've taken this video the same way.

Well, nobody asked you to like it. I knew that you would either like it or hate it.  But this isn't to be taken seriously like a "real" metal band. I just think it's different and fun. Plus, I'm not gonna get my jimmies rustled over someone else's preferences or their opinion that what they don't like is crap.

Unless it's Bieber......or country music.....or what's passing for rap these days....

Honestly, this is better and more creative than 90% of metal or rock coming out now.

More just like heavy metal...not bad, a bit to "light" as in the voices are a bit to high, I like the guttural sound.  But yeah, that's just me

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones