setting up office at the horse stables for my boss

Yatys 93
2 hours ago, B1ueskycomp1ex said:

Something as basic as this can connect wirelessly to the dongle and give you an Ethernet connection at a router.  I'd start there and then build off the router, that way the Huawei is only having to deliver internet traffic to and from the router, and the router will do the rest of your networking from there.

2 hours ago, TehDwonz said:

Some of those do act as routers, but MAY be set up to not allow comms between connected clients, which would scupper your plans. The suggested option of using a WiFi bridge would be my option for the lowest cost (TP-Link or Tenda, both support client mode on pretty much all their APs with switches in).

Honestly though, for CCTV, wired is best if you can possibly do it. With wireless, anyone can wander close by and knock out your cameras with something cheapo like this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000071077606.html

2 hours ago, CWALD said:

The wifi to Ethernet bridge mentioned before would be your next best bet. Just plug that into the WAN side of a cheap home router and be done. I would be surprised if you spent $50 on both the bridge and router that way and it should still be plug and play.

ok just to double check before I go shopping

wifi bridge: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Vonets-Wireless-Ethernet-Amplifier-VAP11G-300/dp/B014SK2H6W/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Vonets+VAP11G-300&qid=1598555051&sr=8-3

into wan port of router: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WR841N-300Mbps-Wireless-Supports/dp/B001FWYGJS/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=router&qid=1598556467&sr=8-5&th=1

then use router as normal for the wifi and wired connections

That should absolutely do the job, yes, and you're likely to get much better range out of the router than you will from the huawei dongle.  

50 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

That might be the cheapest router I have ever seen but yes that is the general idea.

5 hours ago, Yatys 93 said:

anyone got any ideas?

If the Dongles will allow USB teathering, there are WiFi routers that will allow you to use USB LTE dongles. This way you can have potentially better WiFi as well as an Ethernet connection between the PC's and the Internet, this way they dont get hit with the double negative of being on WiFi connected to LTE, because that probably won't be fun on some games. 

Another idea, if the stables are close enough, is the Building to Building WiFi bridge. Ubitquti have products that will do this. The best part is all the machine would be on the same network. Though the costs might be a bit more than what you guys want to sped. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

If the Dongles will allow USB teathering, there are WiFi routers that will allow you to use USB LTE dongles. This way you can have potentially better WiFi as well as an Ethernet connection between the PC's and the Internet, this way they dont get hit with the double negative of being on WiFi connected to LTE, because that probably won't be fun on some games. 

Another idea, if the stables are close enough, is the Building to Building WiFi bridge. Ubitquti have products that will do this. The best part is all the machine would be on the same network. Though the costs might be a bit more than what you guys want to sped. 

I can't find anything in the manual about tethering and they've changed the admin log ins so I couldn't get in to see what was going on there, I don't think they do allow it though