Tiny PC build aimed for 1440p 144hz cloud gaming (Shadow PC)

Budget (including currency): up to 800 Canadian rupees

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: cloud gaming (Shadow/stadia/GeForce now etc) 

Other details got a 1440p monitor capable of 144hz. Nothing matters as long as it would be able to output that refresh rate. The horse power is left for the cloud computing in the cloud. 

Guys I tried multiple mini boxed PCs and Intel sticks but most of them capped at 60hz and latest one I got Gigabyte Ultra Compact Mini PC/Intel UHD Graphics 600 ended up giving me 75 hz.

Dimensions of the mini pc matters to me as my monitor and pc gonna be in the living room (it'll be up on a table) 

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Do the current streaming services such as Stadia and Geforce now even support that refresh rate at that resolution? In my current research none of these streaming platforms even support 1440p 144hz as a native refresh rate. If your budget for this PC is already $800 why not just go for an actual gaming PC? Do you already have one?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

At that price why not just put together a generic ITX build? A basic Ryzen rig with vega 8 graphics might even be able to do it, otherwise a low end gpu from a couple years ago can be had for cheap, especially on the used market. 

I have one that I got a bunch of used hardware for and am putting it in an ammo can for about $200 (U.S.). The hardware is old and wasn't even the best when it came out but it can play things like minecraft at 1440 no problem, so using a streaming service with it should not be an issue. You can also free up resources on it by ditching windows, a lot of those streaming services support linux.

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Do the current streaming services such as Stadia and Geforce now even support that refresh rate at that resolution? In my current research none of these streaming platforms even support 1440p 144hz as a native refresh rate. If your budget for this PC is already $800 why not just go for an actual gaming PC? Do you already have one?

You're correct about stadia and GeForce now (probably should've not included them in the topic) , but shadow would support high refresh rates Atleast for 1440p.

I had one with 980ti but brother moved in so had to give him my gaming pc and room for his projects 😅

But as mentioned space is an issue, don't want to have a big block on the living room table. 

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

A asrock deskmini + athlon 3000g combo and call it done.

Sounds amazing, but do you know if the motherboard can handle wifi6 module chip? And is the display port 1.2?

9 minutes ago, raladin3D said:

Sounds amazing, but do you know if the motherboard can handle wifi6 module chip? And is the display port 1.2?

It supports the socket to install regular sized wifi modules and wifi6 ones fall under that so yes. Displayport version is 1.2. For your usecase you can just get the athlon but do make sure to get the max speed ram it supports (2933 mhz faster is fine will just run at that speed) and that it runs in dual channel.

2 hours ago, raladin3D said:

You're correct about stadia and GeForce now (probably should've not included them in the topic) , but shadow would support high refresh rates Atleast for 1440p.

According to Shadow they do not support 1440p 144hz, they support 1080p 144hz but only up to 75hz with 1440p.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

46 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

According to Shadow they do not support 1440p 144hz, they support 1080p 144hz but only up to 75hz with 1440p.

OH! Had no idea actually. Thank you for letting me know!