For every 10 min that you don't touch your phone, UNICEF will donate 1 day of clean water.

_N0stalgic

ive done 24days so far there should be more things like this i would definitely do it.

I have never owned a phone.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

How about we just give money? I mean what are they doing on your phone that "makes" money to give water to kids? Couldn't they just give them water?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

I no longer use a phone. I hate cellphones, i wish they'd disappear.

I can understand being annoyed with people texting their friend from 15 feet away, but some of us live 40 miles from work and 20 miles from family with friends scattered across the nation. It would be extremely inconvenient for me to get stranded on the highway and have to walk to somebody's house to use a landline, and I wouldn't even hear from people I've known all my life. I'd be very sad if they all disappeared.

Maybe it was a rant (not directed toward you), but cellphone hate bothers me. If you don't want one, great, don't get one, but don't act like they aren't useful.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

How about we just give money? I mean what are they doing on your phone that "makes" money to give water to kids? Couldn't they just give them water?

You can do that as well. Can't remember where I saw it but donations are open, as with any other humanitarian / charity organisation. 

This is a great thing to do. I could just leave this app during school and give many days of clean water. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Well, by now then the world should have clean water everywhere

I don't see a point to this.

Isn't UNICEF an organization which only exists to help heople in every way they can.

UNICEF should help in every way they can, not hold back because someone in 1st world countries decides to make a phone call, this is kinda blackmail. Seems like their sponsors are holding funds back because they don't want you to touch your phone. Especially if we consider how many smartphones are sold ever year, if every 10th or even 15th phone has this installed, and you don't use it while you sleep, say 8 hours every day... You do the math, it smells fishy to me.

Just my 2c.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

I don't even want to do the math...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Maybe it was a rant (not directed toward you), but cellphone hate bothers me. If you don't want one, great, don't get one, but don't act like they aren't useful.

Leave it be mate, there's really no point in arguing. To me it's basically the same as if you hate, say, cars, or PCs, or any technology. 

I personally hate people who use fire, and wheel.

But that's not the point, don't rant, it's his personal choice not to like smthng.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

They are donating an ocean?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i own two phones

determined-challenge-accepted-l.png

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I can understand being annoyed with people texting their friend from 15 feet away, but some of us live 40 miles from work and 20 miles from family with friends scattered across the nation. It would be extremely inconvenient for me to get stranded on the highway and have to walk to somebody's house to use a landline, and I wouldn't even hear from people I've known all my life. I'd be very sad if they all disappeared.

I'm going to refine what he said. I think he's talking more about smartphones.

I used to use my smartphone, but I couldn't get anything done and if you're in a position where you want to access the internet for facebook/twitter/youtube/whatever and don't have access to pc/laptop then the chances are you shouldn't be using it. Instead you should be focusing on working/driving/paying attention.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

I used to use my smartphone, but I couldn't get anything done and if you're in a position where you want to access the internet for facebook/twitter/youtube/whatever and don't have access to pc/laptop then the chances are you shouldn't be using it. Instead you should be focusing on working/driving/paying attention.

Sometimes I'm in a waiting room for hours, with noone around. Also sometimes I need the internet access on the spot, because I need to check some facts, and I don't want to lug a massive amount of books and codes with me, which makes my job a lot easier. I also don't need to carry my lawyer's planner around, which is basically a book as well. I'm just saying.

Sometimes I'm in a waiting room for hours, with noone around. Also sometimes I need the internet access on the spot, because I need to check some facts, and I don't want to lug a massive amount of books and codes with me, which makes my job a lot easier. I also don't need to carry my lawyer's planner around, which is basically a book as well. I'm just saying.

Yeah, things for your job. That's understandable, I was talking about people who use their phones and it interferes with their job/school/whatever, when i was at school, people would text/facebook people who were literally sitting 1 meter away from each other, then whenever they would get caught on their phones, they would always bitch and act like they did nothing wrong. Or if they were on their phones during class for pretty much the entire year and they got bad grades, they'd be confused on why they did so bad. Then you've got them annoying people who work in shops who are on their phones and won't serve you until they've finished doing whatever crap they were doing.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Yeah, things for your job. That's understandable, I was talking about people who use their phones and it interferes with their job/school/whatever, when i was at school, people would text/facebook people who were literally sitting 1 meter away from each other, then whenever they would get caught on their phones, they would always bitch and act like they did nothing wrong. Or if they were on their phones during class for pretty much the entire year and they got bad grades, they'd be confused on why they did so bad. Then you've got them annoying people who work in shops who are on their phones and won't serve you until they've finished doing whatever crap they were doing.

People are stupid, it's not phone's fault. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

It's a publicity stunt, much like every other charity event. For example, there are all sorts of charity "runs" where you pay an entry fee that goes to charity... but there really isn't a reason that you couldn't have donated that money directly to charity instead, and doing the run certainly doesn't help. Yet they still do it.

I don't have any of those apps installed. I use mine for authenticators, calculators (hey I don't have to spend $600 on one now), notes, banking, finance tracking, stock watch, news feeds, weather, random gadget apps like instrument tuning, and maybe an odd game of Angry Birds while in a waiting room. It was like I said... I can understand them getting in the way, and I agree with you, but disappearing completely?

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I no longer use a phone. I hate cellphones, i wish they'd disappear.

Why? I can understand if you don't find it useful, but that's no reason to hate them.

I'm pretty sure that they are doing this with phones because they want people to use their phones less. Far too many people get stuck on their phones. Checking every 5 minutes just to check if anything new have happened.

Haha, in the past half decade I'd say, it's been a huge change. You look around a bus now and nearly every single person is looking down glued to a screen.

It's almost comical, really.

That's...false. My smartphone is very closely integrated with my work for one of my jobs. Being able to reply to emails near instantly is incredibly useful, while traveling, out to lunch, commuting, etc.

It's a publicity stunt, much like every other charity event. For example, there are all sorts of charity "runs" where you pay an entry fee that goes to charity... but there really isn't a reason that you couldn't have donated that money directly to charity instead, and doing the run certainly doesn't help. Yet they still do it.

Any publicity is good publicity. Hell, I'm sure they'd actually rather have people donate money. So to those who say "well, why not just donate money" you probably hit the nail on the head.

Either way it's getting their name out there. You've still thought about it. Mission accomplished.

I don't have any of those apps installed. I use mine for authenticators, calculators (hey I don't have to spend $600 on one now), notes, banking, finance tracking, stock watch, news feeds, weather, random gadget apps like instrument tuning, and maybe an odd game of Angry Birds while in a waiting room. It was like I said... I can understand them getting in the way, and I agree with you, but disappearing completely?

I agree with you completely. I hardly use mine for games at all, most of the apps I have on my phone are productivity based. It's an incredibly powerful tool, and I'd make tens of thousands of dollars less a year if I didn't have one. They'll clearly never disappear, and I'm with you on the "don't want it, don't buy it" mentality.

Seriously. If it doesn't affect you, why hate it?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red