Download suddenly really low

Phillipwrased

I switched my MB/CPU/RAM in my pc and since then my download rate with my wlan connection (Lan not possible here) went down to 0.4 mbps, it was at 80 before. 

Anybody know what's going on? 

Are you using the same WiFi adapter as before? What is your link speed and signal strength to the access point?

4 minutes ago, badreg said:

Are you using the same WiFi adapter as before? What is your link speed and signal strength to the access point?

I'm using the same as before, yea. If u meant it that way, I tried 5ghz and 2.4 both are the same

Just now, Phillipwrased said:

I'm using the same as before, yea. If u meant it that way, I tried 5ghz and 2.4 both are the same

You said you changed your motherboard, so are you using a USB WiFi adapter? If so, did you install drivers on the new system?

What is the link speed and signal strength to the access point?

1 hour ago, Phillipwrased said:

What is the make and model of the WiFi adapter?

Did you perform a clean installation of Windows after the hardware changes?

12 hours ago, badreg said:

You said you changed your motherboard, so are you using a USB WiFi adapter? If so, did you install drivers on the new system?

What is the link speed and signal strength to the access point?

I am using a wifi USB adapter, ive got another pc on which the adapter works, and another adapter that doesn't work either on the told pc. The link speed is at 100mbps but I don't know the signal strength

The ssd wasn't changed, so the driver must've been already installed. On the previous build it could run. I installed the driver again, with no luck or sign of success. 

11 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

What is the make and model of the WiFi adapter?

Did you perform a clean installation of Windows after the hardware changes?

I don't think it's necessary, the wifi adapter works fine on a different system. I tried another wifi adapter, which doesn't work either. But that one works with the other system as well. It must be a problem with some other component. 

10 minutes ago, Phillipwrased said:

I don't think it's necessary,

Yeah BUT when you make major changes to your system, drivers are generally going to be wrong. The old drivers could be there. Something could be conflicting. With a motherboard change its always a good plan to do a clean install and make sure all the drivers are up to date. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

26 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Yeah BUT when you make major changes to your system, drivers are generally going to be wrong. The old drivers could be there. Something could be conflicting. With a motherboard change its always a good plan to do a clean install and make sure all the drivers are up to date. 

Thing is, i don't have the key. I'm using windows activated yea. But I don't have the key anymore. Cause i lost it. I installed windows like 7 years ago on that ssd

34 minutes ago, Phillipwrased said:

Thing is, i don't have the key. I'm using windows activated yea. But I don't have the key anymore. Cause i lost it. I installed windows like 7 years ago on that ssd

Well that’s why your system is having issues. Also if your still using Windows 7 that’s also a bad idea. 

7 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Well that’s why your system is having issues. Also if your still using Windows 7 that’s also a bad idea. 

I don't think that's the issue, it worked fine, I'm using the latest version of windows 10 activated. It only got problems after the hardware change. I changed the MB with cpu one time without issues. But that was when I didn't have that new wlan stick

Just now, Phillipwrased said:

I don't think that's the issue, it worked fine, I'm using the latest version of windows 10 activated. It only got problems after the hardware change. I changed the MB with cpu one time without issues. But that was when I didn't have that new wlan stick

If you use a Microsoft account your key is saved there. Oh if your talking about one of those usb ones, yeah they kinda suck. Have issues with overheating when you pass a lot of data over them. 

8 hours ago, Phillipwrased said:

You could be having issues having your old MB drivers still installed with a different motherboard being used. It's typically a good idea to reinstall an OS if you change motherboards. Replacing with the same one you shouldn't need too though. There are chances you can change hardware with no issues, but in other cases you run into issues like this.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

10 minutes ago, Psybadek said:

You could be having issues having your old MB drivers still installed with a different motherboard being used. It's typically a good idea to reinstall an OS if you change motherboards. Replacing with the same one you shouldn't need too though. There are chances you can change hardware with no issues, but in other cases you run into issues like this.

Should I try installing the MB drivers without a complete os reinstallation? Don't think I'll trust myself reinstalling windows complete all over

1 hour ago, Phillipwrased said:

Should I try installing the MB drivers without a complete os reinstallation? Don't think I'll trust myself reinstalling windows complete all over

Installing windows isn't rocket science. Is pretty automatic now days. Hell I remember when you use to have a start up disk and you had to use that to do the partioning and use that to invoke the Windows installation media and such.