A notification for a reaction never appeared.

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

@TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp the reason that you didn't get notified about

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

That's odd, the request is showing as successful but there is indeed no record of a notification. This only strange thing I'm seeing is that the reaction seems to have been added twice in the request logs, so it's possible that caused something weird.

@soldier_ph do you remember reacting to that post twice or their being an issue with your reaction or anything?

That's not true.

is that you have "Content I follow automatically" set to follow with no notifications, so you weren't opted into notifications for that post - you can change that in your notification settings if you like.

The reason that you weren't notified about the reaction seems to be my original hypothesis, that the request was sent twice for some reason (possibly a separate bug, possibly an accidental double click, but more likely a brief connection issue) - if the notification is sent twice it seems that there's a bug which deletes the old notification without reissuing the new one. I will report this as a bug to the forum software devs.

Browser, version and OS: 

iOS 13.6, and safari

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

I had my browser open in the background, and switched to it. I clicked on my frequently visited shortcut, and I had no notifications. I went to the recent GeForce now on Chromebook tech news, and clicked on it. I saw that I had a reaction, but have not yet gotten the notification for it.

What happened?

I got a reaction on a reply to a post, but didn't, and still haven't gotten the notification for it.

What did you expect to happen?

I expected to get a notification for it, as I didn't press the no notification button.

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

873177BB-CC73-4ACE-B611-B148AD5B67B9.png.7d55156c3c019ef514bf6398bb213b2d.pngBBAD695F-3590-4A4D-A50D-5093E55D7FEC.png.e226ef90483c72d31a633026cf380f02.png

Any other relevant details:

Not really, but I am almost positive that I didn't have the post with notifications off.

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page? N/a

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

If you are on the page and refresh it or go to the page when or shortly after the reaction is added it won't notify you.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

That's odd, the request is showing as successful but there is indeed no record of a notification. This only strange thing I'm seeing is that the reaction seems to have been added twice in the request logs, so it's possible that caused something weird.

@soldier_ph do you remember reacting to that post twice or their being an issue with your reaction or anything?

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If you are on the page and refresh it or go to the page when or shortly after the reaction is added it won't notify you.

That's not true.

HTTP/2 203

33 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

That's not true.

I've had reaction notifications not go through a couple times when either refreshing the page or clicking show reply, could just be a bug I've mistaken for a feature. I've always had quote notifications go through but if someone reacts my post during the refresh or slightly before It's not notified me. At least it used to not I haven't had a problem with notifications in awhile. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

37 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

That's not true.

Is there a record of a notification for this post? It appears that I didn't get one.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Is there a record of a notification for this post? It appears that I didn't get one.

Intriguing, no there is no record of that either. I'm going to try some stuff, so you might end up getting some notifications.

HTTP/2 203

No I just clicked once on the Heart and it recorded that Reputation activity normally for me:

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/367767-soldier_ph/reputation/?type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

7 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Intriguing, no there is no record of that either. I'm going to try some stuff, so you might end up getting some notifications.

Ok. Btw I did get the notification for this.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

I did get the missed notification for the reaction.

@colonel_mortis

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

@TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp Did those two came through now directly ?

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

1 minute ago, soldier_ph said:

@TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp Did those two came through now directly ?

Yeah.  My notifs look like this now.

C1588EA2-4D32-4D65-8CFE-AB4E66B49E3D.png.4d756206370a45d39776cff01b4830ad.pngF928E241-8BB0-4849-874D-54E56420BBCC.png.6473ef207b9db0a4766d25f49be1b1d1.png

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

(testing, kindly ignore)

Ok

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

I am now getting reacts in the bottom left notif, but they don't show in the bell notif area.

That's not true.

is that you have "Content I follow automatically" set to follow with no notifications, so you weren't opted into notifications for that post - you can change that in your notification settings if you like.

The reason that you weren't notified about the reaction seems to be my original hypothesis, that the request was sent twice for some reason (possibly a separate bug, possibly an accidental double click, but more likely a brief connection issue) - if the notification is sent twice it seems that there's a bug which deletes the old notification without reissuing the new one. I will report this as a bug to the forum software devs.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, Den-Fi said:

I am now getting reacts in the bottom left notif, but they don't show in the bell notif area.

Sometimes the count doesn't update properly, but (unless the same thing is happening as here with the reaction being issued multiple times for some reason) those notifications should still appear in the notification list.

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Sometimes the count doesn't update properly, but (unless the same thing is happening as here with the reaction being issued multiple times for some reason) those notifications should still appear in the notification list.

Forget it. I'm blind.

6 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Yeah, it appears to be set to no notifs, it is fixed now on my end.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler