I am building a rig to sell

Daniboi

So i just brought an i5 6600 with a sabertooth z170 (and a case that is apprently very generic) for £130 i then plan to put some cash into it and flip it on ebay or facebook marketplace. So my idea is that ill stick in this:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 3.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£60.00)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake UX100 38.82 CFM CPU Cooler  (£14.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£70.00)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory  (£39.95 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Kingston A400 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£19.97 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£34.38 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB GAMING X Video Card  (£90.00)
Power Supply: EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£50.47 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £379.76

I will buying the gpu second hand off ebay as i have seen deals that are selling for around £90. I am currious what someone would be prepared to pay for that? I was thinking maybe £600 to £550? Is that too expensive or just right?

Who knows? Certainly not anyone here. It'd be pure guessing. If you want some actually useful information, go to your local forums/classifieds, compare pricing, and price accordingly. Pricing is very different region to region, and what one person says on here might be significantly lower or higher than what you can get where you are.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

There's only one situation in which you, as a private hobbyist, should buy brand new parts for a build you're going to sell:

• Never.

You've got your guts, the 6600 and the Z170, and the case if it's in good shape and not terrible. Find used parts and pick your deals, then build around those. It's going to take time, but I promise you that if you go out and buy a bunch of new parts for it, you will lose money.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

13 minutes ago, Daniboi said:

I am currious what someone would be prepared to pay for that?

Pretty certainly not enough to make for what it'll have cost you...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I've never found luck with trying to buy new parts and sell computers third hand. You'll only really get people saying they can build it for cheaper themselves, or people can already find the same build from an established company for the same price or cheaper. Of course this is all based off me living in the US so i'm not sure about where you live. 

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
CPU Cooler- Artic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm
GPU-  EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA
RAM- CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB 3200Mhz 
PSU- Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 Watt
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
SSD- SanDisk Ultra II 500GB SATA III
Case- Custom Made Desk
Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

Microphone- Blue Snowball Ice
Headphones- Razer Nari Ultimate
Webcam- Logitech c270
Monitors- MSI Optix MAG24C and Acer KA240HQ Abid
Mouse- Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum MX Speed

You might get £500.... £450 is more realistic. Break even on a bad day.

You can get a pre-built i5-9400f with a gtx 1650 super, 16gb ram, 240gb SSD and 1tb HDD for £560 from AWD. All new parts from an established business. 

From some internet random with 2nd hand parts..... Meh, imo someone who is buying a pre-built isn't risking it.

1 hour ago, LordVetinari said:

You might get £500.... £450 is more realistic. Break even on a bad day.

You can get a pre-built i5-9400f with a gtx 1650 super, 16gb ram, 240gb SSD and 1tb HDD for £560 from AWD. All new parts from an established business. 

From some internet random with 2nd hand parts..... Meh, imo someone who is buying a pre-built isn't risking it.

thats really helpful bc i am just imagining some dad or something buying something for his kids birthday and like i am more imagining the facebook market than anything

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

There's only one situation in which you, as a private hobbyist, should buy brand new parts for a build you're going to sell:

• Never.

You've got your guts, the 6600 and the Z170, and the case if it's in good shape and not terrible. Find used parts and pick your deals, then build around those. It's going to take time, but I promise you that if you go out and buy a bunch of new parts for it, you will lose money.

oh yeah i am keeping my eyes peeled for good deals but like i am not buying a psu second hand bc thats a law suit kinda thing if it sets on fire and then i am fucked

Go cheap on the ram, intel doesn’t really need fast ram, get some cheap generic kit, as long as it’s  used and it works, if you can, get it on eBay, they have a money back guarantee

32 minutes ago, Daniboi said:

oh yeah i am keeping my eyes peeled for good deals but like i am not buying a psu second hand bc thats a law suit kinda thing if it sets on fire and then i am fucked

For all kinds of reasons I won't bother getting into here, as long as you don't knowingly sell someone a PSU that you know for a fact is actively dangerous with the intent of burning their house down, it's not lawsuit territory. But that doesn't make it a good idea or the right thing to do, either. A used PSU is usually fine if you know what to look for when you thoroughly inspect it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.