Has anyone tried installing a Windows laptops guts into a MacBook?

Doqtori

I don't really like Apple, but I gotta give them credit where it's due; their design is usually pretty damn clean.

I know that this is probably an awful idea, no need to tell me that, but has anyone ever tried putting a different laptop inside that erection giving MacBook Pro case?

In real life, I act like I know less about tech than I actually do.

Main build: CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 955 Black Edition @ 4,0GHz (Cooler Master 212) | GPU: MSI RX580 8Gb | RAM: 12Gb DDR3 | PSU: Chieftec CTB-500S  | Mobo: Asus M4A87TD/USB3 | Storage: Seagate 500Gb HDD

Yes, I'm aware my CPU is a huge bottleneck. No, I don't really care.

Laptop: Asus TUF FX505DT 60Hz 8Gb model

"Fortifications, cannons and foreign aid won't help unless every man knows that he himself is a guardian of his country"

-Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim

2 minutes ago, Doqtori said:

I don't really like Apple, but I gotta give them credit where it's due; their design is usually pretty damn clean.

I know that this is probably an awful idea, no need to tell me that, but has anyone ever tried putting a different laptop inside that erection giving MacBook Pro case?

This is the worst idea I have ever heard. Don't think it has ever been done the only thing I could find was dual booting windows on a mac which is just normal windows.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

6 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

or you could install windows on the macbook?

I don't own a macbook, and the best ones that I can afford are 2009-2010, but people are selling the cases without a motherboard/screen/etc. for 30€+

Edited by Doqtori
ones -> best ones

In real life, I act like I know less about tech than I actually do.

Main build: CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 955 Black Edition @ 4,0GHz (Cooler Master 212) | GPU: MSI RX580 8Gb | RAM: 12Gb DDR3 | PSU: Chieftec CTB-500S  | Mobo: Asus M4A87TD/USB3 | Storage: Seagate 500Gb HDD

Yes, I'm aware my CPU is a huge bottleneck. No, I don't really care.

Laptop: Asus TUF FX505DT 60Hz 8Gb model

"Fortifications, cannons and foreign aid won't help unless every man knows that he himself is a guardian of his country"

-Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim

30 minutes ago, Doqtori said:

I don't own a macbook, and the best ones that I can afford are 2009-2010, but people are selling the cases without a motherboard/screen/etc. for 30€+

You'd have to be able to adapt all the cables which is basically impossible and even if you could you'd need so many conversion cables, boxes,... that it will never fit into the laptop. Why not just get a similarly built windows laptop? Apple are by far not the only ones anymore with great build quality.

10 points for the idea. Probably could work with enough modding but as mentioned earlier, much proprietary junk...

If you have a motherboard design and fabrication facility in your backyard, that does it for cheap, it'd probably possible. Otherwise, no. MacBooks are just too slim and too customised for Apple's needs.

Edit: If your profile photo tells the truth, you might have everything that's necessary... xD