Fingerprint on HP Probook 445 G7 Not working.

Go to solution Solved by ToolMan,

HI, I found a thread on the exact issue you have. Apparently, your laptop has the little indent on the palm rest for the fingerprint scanner, but maybe not the hardware that's supposed to be underneath. I found that for your laptop, the scanner is an optional feature, but if you are sure its an option yours has, it may be a hardware issue. 

You can always try going into device manager and scanning for hardware changes.

The fingerprint on my new HP Probook 445 G7, does not work, neither does it show up in Device manager (DEVMGMT.msc)

I tried to reinstall the driver, but the driver does nothing. It unpacks, then when you run it. Just runs in the background for a bit then exits.

tried to reboot several times.

The Manual says it has fingerprint, and i can see the fingerprint on my device.

Ive looked in the bios and there's no able to disabled / enable it as i can see.

Any help is apprichiated.

HI, I found a thread on the exact issue you have. Apparently, your laptop has the little indent on the palm rest for the fingerprint scanner, but maybe not the hardware that's supposed to be underneath. I found that for your laptop, the scanner is an optional feature, but if you are sure its an option yours has, it may be a hardware issue. 

You can always try going into device manager and scanning for hardware changes.