Game FPS Drastically Reduced

Simon Neale
Go to solution Solved by Simon Neale,

So having removed the older ram, I've experienced no issues whatsoever. Either the two year versions of ram were interfering with one another, or the original ram was simply bad to begin with. Either way, I guess I'll mark this thread as solved/resolved! Thank you for the help you guys provided!

4 minutes ago, Craftyawesome said:

Was the 390 used on this same windows install? You could try running ddu.

This pc has had multiple formats and windows installs since then, so that's unlikely the problem. Just as I was about to respond to you I got my first blue screen since bios reset: "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area".

I have an inkling that it's a computer part that's the problem. Maybe the cpu like we thought before. I had the same blue screen and game crashing issues before I got the 8 gigs of updated ram too btw.

Oh and btw, the first problem I ever had was the power supply bottlenecked on the 390 and ended up frying my old motherboard. Since then I've had upgrades and the only thing that has stayed the same has been the cpu and one ssd and the hdd. And the os is on a new ssd. So maybe something from that initial bottleneck affected the cpu?

21 hours ago, Simon Neale said:

This pc has had multiple formats and windows installs since then, so that's unlikely the problem. Just as I was about to respond to you I got my first blue screen since bios reset: "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area".

I have an inkling that it's a computer part that's the problem. Maybe the cpu like we thought before. I had the same blue screen and game crashing issues before I got the 8 gigs of updated ram too btw.

Oh and btw, the first problem I ever had was the power supply bottlenecked on the 390 and ended up frying my old motherboard. Since then I've had upgrades and the only thing that has stayed the same has been the cpu and one ssd and the hdd. And the os is on a new ssd. So maybe something from that initial bottleneck affected the cpu?

I guess start by running .

chkdsk /r

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Post the BSOD?

On 8/28/2020 at 8:02 PM, Craftyawesome said:

I guess start by running .

chkdsk /r

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Post the BSOD?

I have attached the command prompt results. 

I'm working on the BSOD but the "Resource and Performance Monitor" application isn't completing. I'll try the steps again soon. For the meantime, here are all the bluescreen prompts I had gotten when I originally sent in the pc:

• nvlddmkm.sys
  • e1i65x64.sys
  • dxgkrnl.sys
  • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
  • ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
  • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
  • APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

The only recent one since the reboot has been the Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. Since we last spoke I haven't had any bluescreens. But wow will still sometimes occasionally crash.

Current OS Disk.png

Disk D.png

Disk E.png

DISM.png

sfc slash scannow.png

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy! I still exist btw. Been very busy lately. I'll try to run these tests tomorrow!

In the meantime, potential update (maybe), when a game or browser crashes and I look at the task manager, it's always the gpu that spikes up like crazy. But I'm hesitant to say it's the gpu since these same problems occurred with the r9 390.

I sort of lacked the confident and patience for the other two cpu and ram stress tests, but I'll try to get around to them, unless you can recommend some more simplic methods for stress testing the cpu and ram for someone like me who isn't very tech-minded.

Other than the gpu test results, the blue screens are offering some more information:

-DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL . . . What failed: HiDCLASS.SYS

-SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION . . . What failed: win32kfull.sys

-FAST_ERESOURCE_PRECONDITION_VIOLATION 

-KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

-ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

Would be nice if I could just order some new ram, throw that in, and see how it works from there. @Craftyawesome

Heaven.png

Superposition.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have a small update. I checked out my ram on this computer and noticed that the two newer versions of ram I purchased are from 2018, the other two older ones were from 2016. There's a chance the originals were corrupted, so I'm using the 8bg of the newer 2018 versions. I'll see if this changes anything. Everything else about them is identically, though, i think.

So having removed the older ram, I've experienced no issues whatsoever. Either the two year versions of ram were interfering with one another, or the original ram was simply bad to begin with. Either way, I guess I'll mark this thread as solved/resolved! Thank you for the help you guys provided!