Silence your Gaming PC with THIS - MORPHEUS 8057

ColinLTT

I stopped watching when I saw the heatsinks on the chokes instead of the MOSFETS. Was that ever corrected? Not really a fair video if it isn't even install it correctly.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

1 hour ago, HairlessMonkeyBoy said:

I stopped watching when I saw the heatsinks on the chokes instead of the MOSFETS. Was that ever corrected? Not really a fair video if you don't even install it correctly.

Yes, that was a mistake, but the heatsinks fell off anyway, so the placement of the heatsinks really isnt the issue here regardless. 

3 hours ago, ColinLTT said:

If you need the form factor to fit in a case, yes. Otherwise what you have now is equally effective imo, just be sure to have a heatsink on the other components as necessary 

Well, its two noctuas running. Its pretty darn quiet, but the full story lies in how effectively ALL the components are cooled, and as you saw in the video inadequate component cooling isn't a good idea - that PCB got really hot, really fast, and I wouldn't recommend running without heatsinks epoxied on the components or otherwise. The strix cooler, while louder, effectively cools everything, and that's saying something. 

Yeah that makes sense, that's also why the store had me sit tight for 45 minutes waiting for the glue to dry when they attached my Xtreme III. The reason I asked, GPU noise was always a big problem for me as I live in a attic flat and with me wanting to replace my GTX 1070 with a RTX 3060 or 3070 I have to decide if I simply buy a higher-end AIB model and sell my GTX 1070 with the Xtreme III or if I pick the cheapest 3060/3070 model and then pay the store again to transfer the Xtreme III and restore the GTX 1070 to stock.

The latter will obviously more costly and annoying but may be worth it depending on how silent AIB 30xx cards will be I guess.

Does anyone know about putting the cooler on a strix 2080ti? In the video I know linus questions the compatibility... is that a concern? I would be interested in something like this as the strix 2080ti is fine, but definitely gets loud compared to aftermarket coolers (on past GPUs I've used the accelero).

• 1 month later...

Has this product even been made available yet? They were targeting a "late july" release... would like to buy it...

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 3:35 PM, RejZoR said:

Reason why VRAM and VRM heatsinks don't stick well to chips is because they had thermal pads on them for years now and thermal pads used used start to leak oily crap over time. It's why nothing sticks to chips well, if they had thermal pads on them before.

I don't even think using ethyl alcohol would help, because that oily crap is just nasty. I think you'd have to use some sort of professional solvent or degreaser to get rid of that nasty oily crap thermal pads leak out with time and heat.

Quick trick I use and I've seen others is the back of a pencil - eraser part  :) works like a charm and the heatsinks will stick with no issues afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 7:54 PM, ColinLTT said:

Can replacing your stock graphics card cooler with an aftermarket one give you better performance and a quieter system? Today we're taking a crack at installing the RaiJinTek Morpheus 8057 - and it DOESN'T go as planned.

-you installed the heatsinks wrong

-those u put on memory are for 2080Ti second vrm (the one near video output connectors)

-you did not thoroughly clean the components you installed the heatsinks on

-you did not clean the oil that comes out from stock thermal pads

-you did not use NF-A12x25 fans which you use in most of your tests

-if u want better thermal pads you can get the ones from ALPHACOOL, they are cheap and hold very well also you can buy some vram heatsinks for a few bucks

the difference between this and watercooling is:

-you can keep this fanless when you are not gaming (with decent temperatures)

-it is way easier to install than a waterblock, because with a waterblock you almost always have clearance issues and measurements are needed to install the correct thermal pads

-this cooler you install and forget, it does not need constant maintenance

-it does not fail as watercooling components do (pump, leaking, gunk)

-it is better than any stock air cooler on the market, also better then stock air coolers with CUTOM fans

i see this video as bad advertising for a good product...

i know it is tedious to install but there is nothing better than this (on air)

14 hours ago, iRS said:

-you installed the heatsinks wrong

-those u put on memory are for 2080Ti second vrm (the one near video output connectors)

-you did not thoroughly clean the components you installed the heatsinks on

-you did not clean the oil that comes out from stock thermal pads

-you did not use NF-A12x25 fans which you use in most of your tests

-if u want better thermal pads you can get the ones from ALPHACOOL, they are cheap and hold very well also you can buy some vram heatsinks for a few bucks

the difference between this and watercooling is:

-you can keep this fanless when you are not gaming (with decent temperatures)

-it is way easier to install than a waterblock, because with a waterblock you almost always have clearance issues and measurements are needed to install the correct thermal pads

-this cooler you install and forget, it does not need constant maintenance

-it does not fail as watercooling components do (pump, leaking, gunk)

-it is better than any stock air cooler on the market, also better then stock air coolers with CUTOM fans

i see this video as bad advertising for a good product...

i know it is tedious to install but there is nothing better than this (on air)

This is LTT...what did you expect?

• 4 months later...

does anyone know if the morpheus 8057 fits the rtx 30 cards? i am desperately searching for a solution to quiet the rtx a6000 blower (independently of load, a constant noise at 1 khz).

• 4 months later...

@ColinLTT Sorry to rez but I tried contacting Raijintek and never got an answer. Do you think this would fit on an RTX Quadro? Igor's Lab says the RTX Quadros are essentially the same layout as the 20 series but I don't have a 20 series card to compare the two. My card's tdp is 295w so it should be able to cool it if it fits. Also if you don't like this cooler what would you recommend instead? I'm not thermal throttling, I just want to eliminate coil whine and I like that this one looks like it'll match my Noctua NHD15 Chromax Black CPU cooler.