my friend wounders why windows vista gets so much hate

shouldervalley

^^^^^^PLEASE TELL HIM WHY^^^^^^^

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

because it was such a unreliable and unstable system and also windows always has this system of releasing a good os then a bad one then good one and sadly vistal was the bad one 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

It uses alot of system resources with no reasons, it's not good looking and yeah.. that's it

It was slow as hell.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I believe the original kernel for Vista was much better, but they changed it at some point during development to the shitty one that was used. Incompatible drivers, software. Often crashes. Was quite a resource hog.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

where's the nerd rage at? i thought this would be fun but there was only intelligent answers

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

where's the nerd rage at? i thought this would be fun but there was only intelligent answers

because it didnt impact alot of people, XP was (and still is for older machines) a very capable OS that gets the job done so using it for 2 life cycles wasn't as big of a deal....

If XP had sucked than we have had some nerdrage :D

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

This is linustechtips, not youtube dude 

This is linustechtips, not youtube dude

I'm actually happy about that

Vista has always been stable for me. Never had any issues outside of normal 3rd party software. That's the 3rd party vendors fault, not Microsoft's.

However, i now use Windows 8.1.

Generally anyone who had vista on a decent system didn't notice problems, it was really only the poor people who managed to get it on budget and entry level hardware that it proved to have issues, I have had it on one desktop and two lap tops with no issues.  In fact I just re-installed it on a laptop for a friend.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Honestly, I don't know why. It always seemed fine to me, but I've not really had any majour issues with any Windows OS since that piece of shit XP.

1. Times Vista has crashed = 8 , Times Windows 7 has crashed = 0

2. Average boot time compared to Win 7 = + 34 seconds

3. Average FPS Gain compared to Win 7 = -12 Avg

Conclusion.... GTFO Vista

1. Times Vista has crashed = 8 , Times Windows 7 has crashed = 0

2. Average boot time compared to Win 7 = + 34 seconds

3. Average FPS Gain compared to Win 7 = -12 Avg

Conclusion.... GTFO Vista

it is same between 7 and 8.1 but they both have 0 crashes :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

It was a terrible product at launch, but many of the issues have been fixed. So most of the hate was because of how terrible it was.

However, if something fails at first, people will treat it as a consistent failure without reconsidering, sadly. 

LIKE CRASHFIELD 4

Vista got hate because idiots put the OS on slow systems that didnt meet requirements and just blamed thr OS, but it did use cpu for aero so that was kind of crazy aback then with the slow core 2 cpus.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

it is same between 7 and 8.1 but they both have 0 crashes :D

Meh, but atleast windows 7 is usuable with a mouse and keyboard

I had a laptop with Vista on around 7 years ago. One day Vista did an update and the OS was ruined! It was about 3 years old, so I loaded Ubuntu and to this day it works perfectly.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

my friend wounders why windows vista gets so much hate

Wonders*

And the answer is 

Third reich levels of annoying security

Drivers

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I had vista on an old ibm thinkpad that had the minimum requirements for vista, it ran, I could get online, but that was about it lol. No one knows pain til they have used a computer with windows ME. I got windows 8.1 on my new desktop and after using it for about week, I really don't see why people hate on it so bad. I got windows 7 on my laptop, it has been having issues lately, I love windows 7 and it has been very stable for the most part, but after the last update for the nvidia graphic driver on it, it has been freezing a lot. I am thinking about digging out my old laptop and putting linux on it, but I have to figure out where I put it in all my moving mess lol. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

My old computer came with Vista pre-installed. I didn't have any problems with Vista, but once my dad put Windows 7 on it, the entire computer felt noticeably slower after that.