Do you want a 600-700$ Nexus 6?

Izaya Orihara

I feel like Google should go ahead and make a 600-700$ phone. I have been using my Nexus 5 for quite a while now and it's good infact it's amazin considering the price tag but it's not top of the line. Like the camera isn't all that great. (Got  better trougth software tho) the batterylife is rather bad the speakers are awful. The Nexus phones get compared to 600-700$ phone aways so why not beat the shit out of them? They could be 2 lines the 350$ phone and the 600-700$ phone. (Since that custom phone is coming that migth be a thing.) 

So what is your take on this do you want to see a truly highend Nexus? Or should they stick to affordable for a lot of people while being powerful? 

the reason they dont cost a lot of money is because they keep costs down like Advertising etc

and also they do not make a lot of profit sometimes none

it will never cost that much

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Not at all, no. I don't feel a phone is worth that much no matter how much performance it has. The Nexus 5 for me is an absolutely perfect sweetspot.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

the reason they dont cost a lot of money is because they keep costs down like Advertising etc

If you have ever used a Nexus 5 you will see that there are some cut downs in order to keep the price done. And that is meh.

If you have ever used a Nexus 5 you will see that there are some cut downs in order to keep the price done. And that is meh.

i own one :P

whats cut down  ?

the screen is great

the body is flashy plastic like samsung  etc

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i own one :P

whats cut down  ?

the screen is great

the body is flashy plastic like samsung  etc

the camera, the speaker and the batterylife. 

the camera, the speaker and the batterylife. 

for me those are great/ok to me but i see what u mean

the new batch of nexus devices has some hardware changes though that alleviate the issues

also after the update the camera doesnt suck anymore its great for me

Mmm no. They sell it at a near loss for market penetration of Android, and in hopes that people won't only think of Android in terms of Samsung.

The Nexus line, iirc, was never meant to be this big. It was meant to be more of a developer device that they decided to market to see how it'd do.

If it cost $600 or $700 no one would buy it. Well, not in the numbers that people buy it now. Thus defeating the purpose.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

No. Unless it comes with laptop grade cpu&gpu

which means No Never.

Blog \ Twitter \

If it's not fun, why do it?

Mmm no. They sell it at a near loss for market penetration of Android, and in hopes that people won't only think of Android in terms of Samsung.

The Nexus line, iirc, was never meant to be this big. It was meant to be more of a developer device that they decided to market to see how it'd do.

If it cost $600 or $700 no one would buy it. Well, not in the numbers that people buy it now. Thus defeating the purpose.

im still correct

but you are giving the reason why they are selling it at  350$ instead of a higher price  (achieving profit)

what im saying is how they do it

i doubt they are looking for market penetration because its only sold in select areas

for me the nexus 5 was 20$ apart from the G2 ! because i dont live in a country which has a play store

a SD card slot would be nice to see

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

a SD card slot would be nice to see

The reason they don't include one is that people buy cheap ass super slow sd cards and then blame google because the phone is slow. 

I feel like Google should go ahead and make a 600-700$ phone. I have been using my Nexus 5 for quite a while now and it's good infact it's amazin considering the price tag but it's not top of the line. Like the camera isn't all that great. (Got  better trougth software tho) the batterylife is rather bad the speakers are awful. The Nexus phones get compared to 600-700$ phone aways so why not beat the shit out of them? They could be 2 lines the 350$ phone and the 600-700$ phone. (Since that custom phone is coming that migth be a thing.) 

So what is your take on this do you want to see a truly highend Nexus? Or should they stick to affordable for a lot of people while being powerful? 

Maybe my battery isn't broken in but considering that this phone has a battery that's only a little over 2000mah and actually smaller than the N4, I'm getting impressive battery life. I don't know what kind of wizardry was applied to this phone but it is extremely efficient on standby and is miles ahead of the N4 despite the smaller battery and bump in processing power. I get 10-12 hours off of the charger with some messaging, instagram check three times or so, and some internet browsing. 

Another thing worth noting. The phone charges insanely fast. I'm from 0-50% in about an hour and a half. 

My biggest complaint with this phone is the camera. I'm almost sure it takes worse pictures than my N4 and I didn't even consider that camera horrible.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Maybe my battery isn't broken in but considering that this phone has a battery that's only a little over 2000mah and actually smaller than the N4, I'm getting impressive battery life. I don't know what kind of wizardry was applied to this phone but it is extremely efficient on standby and is miles ahead of the N4 despite the smaller battery and bump in processing power. I get 10-12 hours off of the charger with some messaging, instagram check three times or so, and some internet browsing. 

Another thing worth noting. The phone charges insanely fast. I'm from 0-50% in about an hour and a half. 

My biggest complaint with this phone is the camera. I'm almost sure it takes worse pictures than my N4 and I didn't even consider that camera horrible.

1. It loads fast because the battery is so small. I have a good 2500 mph battery and the phone i fully charged in less than an hour. But the problem is that i only get 4 hours of screen on time and i always forget to load the battery. I have used a Nokia 3310 untill 3 months ago. Charing once a month. 

I would be very interested in seeing an update to the Nexus 5. I love the size and design but a slightly better camera and a little spec boost would be fantastic. Maybe a bigger battery. A $350 phone that has better battery life than the Tier 1 devices will steal the market for sure. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

if Google get's more serious about the Nexus program then the can make good profits and overall better experience for everybody, it can't just be an excuse to hold the latest version of Android in the palm of your hands, it needs to compete for the hearts of consumers as well, if they can fix the problems with the camera the battery life and the speaker for the next generation Nexus... it could be there but it's not there yet. Google almost got there.

$$金Trill金$$

It depends a lot on usage, where you live, what network you're on...battery life is such a finicky thing.

Off the charger isn't really a good way to determine battery usage, where as screen on time as @Izaya Orihara said is.

1. It loads fast because the battery is so small. I have a good 2500 mph battery and the phone i fully charged in less than an hour. But the problem is that i only get 4 hours of screen on time and i always forget to load the battery. I have used a Nokia 3310 untill 3 months ago. Charing once a month. 

You can't compare the 3310 to a modern day phone. 4 hours of screen on time is actually pretty excellent. My Optimus G struggled to get over 3.

I would be very interested in seeing an update to the Nexus 5. I love the size and design but a slightly better camera and a little spec boost would be fantastic. Maybe a bigger battery. A $350 phone that has better battery life than the Tier 1 devices will steal the market for sure. 

I think we'll see a small improvement with the next one. Maybe a 2500mah battery. Nothing close to the 3500 - 4000mah batteries in some phones.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

It depends a lot on usage, where you live, what network you're on...battery life is such a finicky thing.

Off the charger isn't really a good way to determine battery usage, where as screen on time as @Izaya Orihara said is.

You can't compare the 3310 to a modern day phone. 4 hours of screen on time is actually pretty excellent. My Optimus G struggled to get over 3.

I think we'll see a small improvement with the next one. Maybe a 2500mah battery. Nothing close to the 3500 - 4000mah batteries in some phones.

Of course, but I will take any improvement I can get. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

I don't see how a more powerful nexus would have even been possible. The snapdragon 800 was the most powerful SoC out when the nexus 5 came out, and still is the most powerful chip in a shipping device. The refreshed chips don't really do anything but bump clocks up a bit. The nexus usually skimps a little on camera and battery, and sometimes some other little things, but the nexus 5 is still one of the best phones out there, even with its only average battery life and camera performance. I don't see what meaningful changes they could have made that would have been worth paying double what the current phone sells for.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

having a high price defeats the purpose of the placement of nexus devices, they were never designed to be a high end product, I'd prefer the way they are currently as AMAZING budget phones.

I wouldn't buy it, my Moto G is doing just fine. Might get project Ara when it's released though.

They should rather fix their f-ed up software. My status bar on my N4 is still not transparent. Nah.. but there are tons and tons of features that are lacking on vanilla android, which have been present on Sense or TouchWiz for AGES! Like burst mode in the camera. (therefor the camera aswell as it's basic softwarehas to improve, but still....)

who cares...

Whilst I wished more phones had a pure android experience, if you want to spend more than the cost of the nexus 5 there are some great phones from HTC or Sony. Google doesn't need to compete in that space.