Talking about power supplies..

pinkCountach

Hi everybody! 
I finally decided that i want to "upgrade" my computer, and with that i mean that i want completely change it.

I got an almost 7yo build, with an Intel I5, a Nvidia GTX960 and some old ddr3 ram.

I started playing with partpicker and i came up with something that i am pretty happy with. 
On my old rig i got a 700w power supply, that i think it's enough, but i am not totally sure and i wanna hear some opinions from you guys, both for the build itself and the power supply. 

(keep in mind that i wil add a 1TB Hard Drive and a 250gb SSD plus the one that's listed)

https://it.pcpartpicker.com/user/pinkCountach/saved/BGBPXL

What psu is it? Anyways, even if it was a high-end one at a time, I think you should buy a new one.

15 minutes ago, pinkCountach said:

On my old rig i got a 700w power supply, that i think it's enough, but i am not totally sure and i wanna hear some opinions from you guys, both for the build itself and the power supply. 

700 watts is a ton. Most high end computers will only consume about 400 to 450 watts at max load, and a 550 watt PSU will power nearly any gaming PC you can put together. For a budget PC, I highly recommend a high quality 450 watt unit.

Edited by Fasauceome
nice sticker on your phone btw

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

24 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

nice sticker on your phone btw

Wow I don't know how you noticed that lol. 

34 minutes ago, pinkCountach said:

got a 700w power supply

Model? The system won't consume more than 350-400ish watts at worst so it's more than enough. 

But what model is that? Also if possible wait for zen 3 and ampere and big Navi as they're right around the corner. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

16 minutes ago, dens22 said:

What psu is it? Anyways, even if it was a high-end one at a time, I think you should buy a new one.

It was a cooler master one RS-700-ACAB-D3.

My intention is to save some money, and after a month or two change it

28 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

700 watts is a ton. Most high end computers will only consume about 400 to 450 watts at max load, and a 550 watt PSU will power nearly any gaming PC you can put together. For a budget PC, I highly recommend a high quality 450 watt unit.

Yeah i know it's a bit overkill, but it's to save some money before i am able to get a new one.

i forgot to mention on the post that i will start buying things around december, because i want to wait for the new Nvida 3000 and bc it's xmas and maybe my family will gift me something so i can get something better ahah

oh, and for the sticker, thanks, i started with a blackwidow chroma and rn even my ass is Razer :)

6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Wow I don't know how you noticed that lol. 

Model? The system won't consume more than 350-400ish watts at worst so it's more than enough. 

But what model is that? Also if possible wait for zen 3 and ampere and big Navi as they're right around the corner. 

It's a cooler master RS-700-ACAB-D3. I need to update the post to say that this will be done during xmas holidays, so every piece can change until then

1 minute ago, pinkCountach said:

so every piece can change until then

Ah yea by that time new hardware will probably be out. 

As for the PSU. I couldn't find ant review on it, though all I know is that it's relatively old. 

If you aren't planning on building this pc now.  I would suggest switching it out when you're going to build it. 

But again, I couldn't find anything on it. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

27 minutes ago, pinkCountach said:

It's a cooler master RS-700-ACAB-D3. I need to update the post to say that this will be done during xmas holidays, so every piece can change until then

That Thunder 700W PSU is old and wasn't very good to begin with. 

It's more than enough WATTAGE... it's just a garbage PSU.

42 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

That Thunder 700W PSU is old and wasn't very good to begin with. 

Yeah my intentions are to keep it until i can change for a better one, even with a lower wattage☺️