Old Dell Dimension PSU Question

wyatt445

I have an old Dell Dimension E520 and the upgrade options are looking good to play esports games, and valve games. So I want to upgrade to like a HD 7770 (because im on a tight budget) and my state doesn't allow me to get a job for another year. So my current budget is about 100 dollars, and I have this old dell dimension. Its able to be upgraded with any gpu, a core 2 quad, 8 gb of ram, but im not sure if this can run on my current psu. Also, if I am able to keep the psu, i will probably go for a GT 1030 instead. I don't know how much wattage it is, but heres a picture of the sticker on it.

WIN_20200809_10_14_34_Pro.jpg

2 minutes ago, wyatt445 said:

Also, if I am able to keep the psu, i will probably go for a GT 1030 instead.

as I recall, there are HD7770 models with no PCIe cable required, like the GT 1030. You should get any card but the 1030 basically. A GTX 750 TI would also provide more performance, I'm quite pleased with mine and I recommend it for shoestring budget gaming computers.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

as I recall, there are HD7770 models with no PCIe cable required, like the GT 1030. You should get any card but the 1030 basically. A GTX 750 TI would also provide more performance, I'm quite pleased with mine and I recommend it for shoestring budget gaming computers.

gpu isnt the question, I want to know if I would need to upgrade the psu

1 minute ago, wyatt445 said:

gpu isnt the question, I want to know if I would need to upgrade the psu

For this level of graphics card, you wouldn't have to do that really. Unless you get a pretty solid budget PSU that you plan on carrying forward to a new PSU, you should save the money for now and spend it later, on a nice big upgrade.

It does use a standard ATX power supply though so you could find something nice to use if you wanted to.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

For this level of graphics card, you wouldn't have to do that really. Unless you get a pretty solid budget PSU that you plan on carrying forward to a new PSU, you should save the money for now and spend it later, on a nice big upgrade.

It does use a standard ATX power supply though so you could find something nice to use if you wanted to.

thank you, also, i only need this for 1 year until I can get a job, and a much better computer, thanks!