Should i oc my ram?

i have 8x2 16GB ram ddr4 3000mhz ballistix sport LT ram that's overclockable to 3200mhz. should i do the oc or will it not be worth it.

CPU:Ryzen 5 3600@4.2ghz

MOBO:B450 tomahawk max

should you overclock? i mean if you want to do it go ahead, it does take time and effort and is a trial and error process.

the difference between 3000 and 3200 in terms of performance isn't huge, though it's not hard to achieve.

just don't go over 1.45 for dram and 1.2 for soc. but again it's not guaranteed that you'll get to it, but it shouldn't be hard to achieve. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, InfernalClaw said:

i have 8x2 16GB ram ddr4 3000mhz ballistix sport LT ram that's overclockable to 3200mhz. should i do the oc or will it not be worth it.

CPU:Ryzen 5 3600@4.2ghz

MOBO:B450 tomahawk max

You can get up to 10% to 15% of extra CPU performance if you can get it to 3600/3800MHz.

Obviously not in every game /workload but it's still worth it in my opinion. 

Chances are your DRAM can easily do 3800MHz if it's Micron E-die, the question is if you can push the FCLK to 1900MHz.

3000 to 3200 should be easy, but it doesn't make a huge difference.

for day to day operation, 3000 is good enough.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

You can get up to 10% to 15% of extra CPU performance if you can get it to 3600/3800MHz.

Chances are your DRAM can easily do 3800MHz if it's Micron E-die, the question is if you can push the FCLK to 1900MHz.

if i try 3600 do you think itll work. i honestly think ill crash my pc 

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

if i try setting it from the bios to 3600/3800 and it doesnt work do i have to clear cmos for it to work again cuz i cant take down my pc

Just now, Devryd said:

even if your pc crashes, nothing bad happens with that

yes but what if it doesnt launch at all?

I spend a whole day dealing in my OC in my tower and it crashed more than 10 times until I had the RAM where I wanted it to be

Just now, InfernalClaw said:

just reset the BIOS

there is a battery on the motherboard, if you take it out and wait some time whithout the powercord in the psu your bios goes to the default settings

1 minute ago, Devryd said:

I spend a whole day dealing in my OC in my tower and it crashed more than 10 times until I had the RAM where I wanted it to be

no i get it but what if it doesnt launch?

2 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

Just clear the cmos then. 

As I said. 

8 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

the difference between 3000 and 3200 in terms of performance isn't huge, though it's not hard to achieve.

just don't go over 1.45 for dram and 1.2 for soc. but again it's not guaranteed that you'll get to it, but it shouldn't be hard to achieve. 

^. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Just clear the cmos then. 

As I said. 

^. 

is my ram dual or single rank? its 2x8gb ballistix sport LT at 3000mhz

2 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

its 2x8gb ballistix sport LT at 3000mhz

Check hwinfo64 or cpu z and check. 

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Check hwinfo64 or cpu z and check. 

image.thumb.png.10dc54df572f589c6b68e94d39532ac4.png

i did this dram calc thing does these results mean i can oc to 3600 safely?

Just now, InfernalClaw said:

mean i can oc to 3600 safely?

We don't know. 

It's not guaranteed as I said for the 3 time now lol. 

Also just don't go over 1.45 for dram and 1.2 for soc. 

Build Log: