First Rig

duncan5200

Hey LTT forum members, thank you all very much for the help during the process of making it and picking the parts out, everyone who helped your awesome. I finally got the rig finished, i only have a few photos because I just realized how many of tehm were crap, and I will upload more so if you interested in completed glam pics, stay tuned.

So the specs of this beast are

• CPU
    I7-4770k OC'd to 4.2ghz, at 1.164v, debating on wether to keep the overclock, or put it back to stock. (I did not keep it, didn't feel worth it, for the shorter life span)
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Sniper 5
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengence pro 16gb 1600mhz
  • GPU
    Gtx 780ti windofrce OC
  • Case
    Corsair 750d
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 evo 500gb / Segate Barracuda 3tb
  • PSU
    Corsair rm850
  • Display(s)
    3 Asus pa248q
  • Cooling
    Corsair h100i - with sp120 quiet edition
  • Keyboard
    Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
  • Mouse
    Razer Death Adder 2013
  • Sound
    Turtle Beach px22 / Razer Black Sharks (into bass, not a audiophile)

This is kinda me starting to get stuff in the case

imz2Ci7.jpgPnVDxzY.jpg

So I tried to play with lighting this is probably gonna be the best i can do of the finish product.

mIt72I5.jpg

gMKWaa4.jpg

This is how the monitor setup works thought it looked cool

Dd1MfGz.jpg

YFtJXQE.jpg

Mouse: Razer Death Adder 2013 Keybaord: Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013

Is it running well? :) Good pictures too :P

Now it is, but I had a rocky start, and stuff would crash constantly, but it seems fine now, games are freaking butter smooth. Thanks, I thought they were crap though, but I guess not totally terrible.

Now it is, but I had a rocky start, and stuff would crash constantly, but it seems fine now, games are freaking butter smooth. Thanks, I thought they were crap though, but I guess not totally terrible.

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than anything I can do, so don't worry :)

What are the final specs? :o

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

What are the final specs? :o

Oh thanks for reminding me of that, should be visible in a few seconds.

Whats with the random non attached CPU cooler lol?

I couldnt get the stock of in the process of thinking how to get it of put the h100i rad in.

How does Battlefield run? 

• Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
  • I7 3770K @ Stock
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
  • AMD Radeon R9 290
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212+
  • 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
  • 2x 1tb WD Green Drives (RAID 1)
  • 256gb Samsung 840
  • Peripherals
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Core
  • Ducky Shine 3 - Blue LED, Brown Switches
  • Samsung SyncMaster 2443
  • Custom Mousepad http://imgur.com/xJWASQM
  • Logitech G35
  • Altec Lansing Octane 7

Oh thanks for reminding me of that, should be visible in a few seconds.

:o very nice!

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

How does Battlefield run? 

Stable over a hundred when maxed on the Noshahr cannels TDM 40+ tdm, and about 45 dips to 35 when in tri screen maxed out, I bought bf4 but didnt like the who dlc thing and returned it so dont have any framerates for BF4, but in the half hour that I played it ran smooth maxed, above 60.

:o very nice!

Thanks, probably wont be upgrading for the next 3.5 years at least hoping to go for 4.5 years. Previous machine was Dell XPS 400, so I dont upgrade often, and that was someones old machine i got it outdated.

sweet build!

what kinda FPS do you get in Dirt 3 (its Dirt 3 right?) on maxed out settings (except maybe AA) on the 3 screens?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

sweet build!

what kinda FPS do you get in Dirt 3 (its Dirt 3 right?) on maxed out settings (except maybe AA) on the 3 screens?

Thats the game, I max everything, havent tested the frames, Ill get back to you in a few days, its playable for me but, i just came from a gt520, so playable for me is horrific for most people.

Nice job man. Looks great for a first build. Nice desk setup too. Jealous.

Carbon Fire ITX PCCPU: i7-4770K@3.8Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 660 Cpu Cooler Corsair H80i Mobo: Asus Maximnus VI Impact RAM: Corsair 16gb 1600MHz PSU: Corsair CX500 Modular SSD: 2x120gb HDD: Seagate 2TB Keyboard:Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G700  Case Modded Bitfenix Prodigy

Nice job man. Looks great for a first build. Nice desk setup too. Jealous.

Thanks, you profile picture, is that a custom paint job on the case?

Thanks, you profile picture, is that a custom paint job on the case?

Carbon Fiber Vinyl. Link to build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/112040-carbon-fire-prodigy-build/

Carbon Fire ITX PCCPU: i7-4770K@3.8Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 660 Cpu Cooler Corsair H80i Mobo: Asus Maximnus VI Impact RAM: Corsair 16gb 1600MHz PSU: Corsair CX500 Modular SSD: 2x120gb HDD: Seagate 2TB Keyboard:Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G700  Case Modded Bitfenix Prodigy

That build looks soooo good, im jealous of how good it looks.  :) And nice sketh up skill.

This is just my second build I can't even show my first it was that bad. Put some time into prettifying, its worth it. Your first build is very good.

This is just my second build I can't even show my first it was that bad. Put some time into prettifying, its worth it. Your first build is very good.

I was thinking getting green nzxt lighting strips, you think that would make it look a bit better?

Looking good! I can't quite pinpoint it but I feel like something is missing :P

That's a very nice robust system you have yourself there duncan5200. I love the triple monitor setup, very envious of you. That is a very nice stable overclock for your 4770k, what temperature are you getting with the 100i?

Do you ever intend to upgrade to an SLi setup sometime in the future?

Very nice indeed. Welcome to the "unofficial" Builder's Club :).

Thanks, temps while stress testing with aida 64 maxed out a couple times at 85c, and stayed average 80 ish, I didn't get a good overclocker, but my goal was 4.2 so im happy with it. I really want to upgrade to sli, because I purchased two monitors, and someone gave me the third as a gift after this was done they didnt even know, so that makes me want a second 780 ti to do more nvidia surround, but it is not something that will come anytime soon, the cards are way to expensive to get a second one, so Im going to wait for a price drop or amazing sale of some sort while saving my pennies. Thanks, i like being in this club. :) If your interested in maybe looking at some bechmarks, my youtube channel duncan5200, im gonna be doing a metric ton of stuff, soon gonna do some surround benchmarks.

Looking good! I can't quite pinpoint it but I feel like something is missing :P

Yeah I feel like some kind of expansion card is needed, but I dont need a sound card, so it feels like a second gpu is missing, but thats gonna come way out in the future, I feel like its a bit empty too.

Yeah I feel like some kind of expansion card is needed, but I dont need a sound card, so it feels like a second gpu is missing, but thats gonna come way out in the future, I feel like its a bit empty too.

I think maybe we're just both infected with the desire to constantly upgrade :o hahaha :D

I think maybe we're just both infected with the desire to constantly upgrade :o hahaha :D

Yes definitly, but its not happening any time soon sadly. :)