Will lowering Cpu Overclock lower my gpu temperature ?

Hello everyone. I was wondering if I lower my cpu overclock and voltage will my 2 gpus temperature drop I have a liquid cooled system with cpu/monoblock water blocks and 2 gpu being water cooled as well the system goes monoblock cpu and gpu gpu I have 3  360 radiators as well if I lower my cpu overclock and Voltage for the cpu only will my 2 gpus temperature drop ?

11 minutes ago, Game_on said:

Hello everyone. I was wondering if I lower my cpu overclock and voltage will my 2 gpus temperature drop I have a liquid cooled system with cpu/monoblock water blocks and 2 gpu being water cooled as well the system goes monoblock cpu and gpu gpu I have 3  360 radiators as well if I lower my cpu overclock and Voltage for the cpu only will my 2 gpus temperature drop ?

Potentially but not very much. If you want the best temperature use a radiator after each heat output device since you have three.

13 minutes ago, Game_on said:

Yes, if everything else is the same, the CPU overclock reduction should reduce the heat load from both the CPU and the VRMs, so the fluid temperature should be lower, thus being able to cool the GPU more.

Just now, Poet129 said:

Potentially but not very much. If you want the best temperature use a radiator after each heat output device since you have three.

With a custom loop, the temperature throughout the loop is equalized by the rapid flow of water, so this is typically a non-issue.

14 minutes ago, Poet129 said:

As far as I think this has been debunked somewhere, but look that up before relying on my statement.

Yes, unless the gpus use the resulting thermal headroom to bump up clocks. As For Science! said loop order doesn't matter (jayztwocents did a video a while back explaining and demonstrating)

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

1 minute ago, startrek03 said:

As far as I think this has been debunked somewhere, but look that up before relying on my statement.

While the order does not matter, reducing the total input heat load will reduce the temperature of the other components because the fluid temperature is equalized.

5 minutes ago, For Science! said:

While the order does not matter, reducing the total input heat load will reduce the temperature of the other components because the fluid temperature is equalized.

Sorry for the misquote. You were totally right.

Thank you all for your reply seems like I'm only able to hold a 2077 mhz overclock on my gpu with out down clocking with my ac running almost all the time and a powerful blower house fan in front of one of my pc radiators I was thinking about buying a good 900 $ chiller any advice please @For Science!

I would be setting the chiller to run at 35c 40c condensation wouldn't be a issue at 35c 40c correct ? or would it still cause condensation at 35c 40c ? @For Science!

The chiller is supposed to be good at cooling up to 1500 watts of heat 

10 hours ago, Game_on said:

Thank you all for your reply seems like I'm only able to hold a 2077 mhz overclock on my gpu with out down clocking with my ac running almost all the time and a powerful blower house fan in front of one of my pc radiators I was thinking about buying a good 900 $ chiller any advice please @For Science!

Sorry, chillers are outside of my expertise. Perhaps @W-L knows?

12 hours ago, Game_on said:

I would be setting the chiller to run at 35c 40c condensation wouldn't be a issue at 35c 40c correct ? or would it still cause condensation at 35c 40c ? @For Science!

As long as your fluid temps are kept always above your ambient air temperatures there will be no risk of condensation. What you would gain though for adding in a chiller in terms of performance is very marginal however. 

14 hours ago, Poet129 said:

This makes very little difference. We are talking fractions of a degree here. The same goes for lowering an overclock unless you are pushing insane voltages.

When it comes to loop order it really doesn't matter. The temp of the loop doesn't change much from hottest to coldest unless your flow is terrible. If you are pushing 1gpm+ though it is mostly pointless. Just use a loop order that allows for the cleanest look.

As to the OP what are your gpu temps? Unless you have a high ambient temp in your house gpu temps are the easiest to control.

13 hours ago, Game_on said:

This all depends on what your ambient temp and humidity is in the area your PC resides. You can take those 2 numbers plug them in to any dew point calculator and see what your temps need to be above. I am going to say though that unless you are running sub zero temps your gpu speeds will not improve more than 12-36mhz.

15 hours ago, Game_on said:

Hey Bro this seems very strange, you have plenty of rads and whatnot. Do you know what your actual water temp is?

Could it be a flow rate/restriction issue?

What temps are you seeing on your GPU's and CPU?

Before buying expensive chillers I'd say make sure the loop is doing what it should first.

2x rtx 2080 ti evga hydro copper running at 2070 mhz max temp is 49c to 50c 

cpu i9-10980xe all core oc of 4.7 ghz core voltage of 1.180

I don't know if I have a water or liquid flow problem I do see flow in the system but I don't know what kind of pump I have either I'm using a ekwb aio that is not exactly a aio because it's custom watercooling grade pump reservoir and ekwb radiator one of the first custom watercooling grade aio ekwb released.

don't know what my water temps are @Lipe123

I'm happy with cpu temperature I'm not happy with gpu temperature at around 46c to 47c my gpu oc go's from 2077 mhz to 2055  mhz that is why I'm trying to keep gpu temperatures at 35c to 40c max  maybe even 44c but trying to avoid 45c and up @AngryBeaver

5 hours ago, Game_on said:

I'm happy with cpu temperature I'm not happy with gpu temperature at around 46c to 47c my gpu oc go's from 2077 mhz to 2055  mhz that is why I'm trying to keep gpu temperatures at 35c to 40c max  maybe even 44c but trying to avoid 45c and up @AngryBeaver

So that pump is going to be better than a standard aio pump, but will be weaker than a true ddc or D5. 

Second it all comes down to deltaT. Which in this case we will say is the difference between your ambient temp and you water temp. This is one of the better ways to see how efficient your setup is. If your cpu (even more so being intel) has cooler temps than your gpus then part of me suspects there might be some flow issues.

So I think you have the phoenix stuff. Which doesn't have a great pump. It also is full of quick disconnects that are hard on flow rate. So part of me thinks this explains the problem.

Is your cpu thr first component in your loop? If flow is low then the variance from start to finish can be much higher since the water spends more time in the components and more time in the rads. So you average is about the same, but your in/out temps can be 3-5c different. So as you have higher flow that drops drastically to less than 1c of variance.

Thank you for your reply. I only have one quick disconnect in my loop and it's not the phoenix version it's the one that came first before the phoenix not sure if the 2 are the same pumps but I suspect that the one that came first before the Phoenix was of better build quality and not so cheaply made I think I'm not sure here is what I fount on The pump I have. The ddc pumps that ek offers have a maximum flow rate of 1000 liters per hour with a maximum head pressure of 5.2 m for the Ek-ddc 3.2 pwm don't know if this is enough for 3x 360 radiators monoblock/cpu and 2x gpu ? @AngryBeaver

54 minutes ago, Game_on said:

Thank you for your reply. I only have one quick disconnect in my loop and it's not the phoenix version it's the one that came first before the phoenix not sure if the 2 are the same pumps but I suspect that the one that came first before the Phoenix was of better build quality and not so cheaply made I think I'm not sure here is what I fount on The pump I have. The ddc pumps that ek offers have a maximum flow rate of 1000 liters per hour with a maximum head pressure of 5.2 m for the Ek-ddc 3.2 pwm don't know if this is enough for 3x 360 radiators monoblock/cpu and 2x gpu ? @AngryBeaver

Is it the predator? If so that does have a true DDC which should be fine.

Just out of curiosity can we get a pic of your setup? Might help when looking for a possible issue, but it could just be your ambient temp is high.

Also I know you want that 2077 boost, but unless we are talking benchmark flexing the 22mhz will not make a noticeable difference. We are talking at 1% here so if you average say 140fps at 2077 you will be sitting at 138-139 at 2055. If even that! Sometimes the 22mhz makes no fps difference outside of synthetic benchmarks.

Yeah that's it it's been so long since I purchased it that I completely forgot the name of it I'll upload a pic in 10 min @AngryBeaver

no flexing just want the highest oc on the 2 gpu as possible I really would like to achieve 2085 to be honest lol one give me 5 min I'll upload the picture soon here @AngryBeaver