Psu rattling noise when turned on

Hunted_marksman

When I turn on my pc my psu makes a rattling noise (it's on rubber mounts so it's not the fan vibration) I have a video I took of it 

Happening I read that it's basically a sign of a dead psu? Even though it seems to work fine I was playing fs19 4k with my Vega 56 basically maxed out on power and it didn't show any sign of dying I have my system off right now just in case it's dangerous my system shouldn't be maxing it out r5 2600x Liquid cooled ,Vega 56,  couple hard drives, nvme ssd , 6 fans what should I do and is my system safe to use I can run multiple benches to see what happens under load if needed (burn test, heaven, cinibench, ect )

Bad fan in your PSU. 

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

Bad fan in your PSU. 

Is it safe to use ? And should I replace the entire unit 

5 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Which PSU?

Kind of, the fan could stop spinning and the PSU would overheat and shutdown

You can easily replace the fan, all non generic new units come with a connector for the fan instead of soldered wires

The psu is still under warranty it's got 4 and a half years left I just carnt find the receipt but is my system safe to use as long as I keep my eye on the fan as it's flipped so I can see it 

49 minutes ago, Caroline said:

You can easily replace the fan, all non generic new units come with a connector for the fan instead of soldered wires

Not true.

If it's under warranty just replace the PSU through the manufacturer.

... Is that a Thermaltake smart RGB PSU? 

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

30 minutes ago, Caroline said:

RMA, right

sorry I'm not used to warranties, most electronics don't have one or the RMA requires me to send the PSU to the US and that costs more than getting a new one

I'm getting banned again am I

Isn't it a Thermaltake Smart RGB?  

Pretty crappy PSU if it is... with a crappy fan.  Might want to return it and get something decent since you just bought it six months ago.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Not true.

If it's under warranty just replace the PSU through the manufacturer.

... Is that a Thermaltake smart RGB PSU? 

Yes it's a smart RGB 700w

24 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Isn't it a Thermaltake Smart RGB?  

Pretty crappy PSU if it is... with a crappy fan.  Might want to return it and get something decent since you just bought it six months ago.

Ok thanks what should I be looking at getting I know I'll need somewere round 600 because I have a Vega 

23 minutes ago, Hunted_marksman said:

Ok thanks what should I be looking at getting I know I'll need somewere round 600 because I have a Vega 

600W is enough.  Just that the Smart line of PSUs is crap.  You should have never tried to pair that with any Vega card.

5 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

600W is enough.  Just that the Smart line of PSUs is crap.  You should have never tried to pair that with any Vega card.

Thanks what should I get to taim the Vega 

6 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Hey would a pure power 11 500w be enough 

5 hours ago, Hunted_marksman said:

Hey would a pure power 11 500w be enough 

HUGE improvement.

It's based on the FSP Raider platform so it has an active-clamp platform (FSP loves to use those), so the transformer might make some noise under heavy loads with that Vega card, but I can't say for sure as I haven't tested that exact combination.  I will say that if it does make any noise, it will not be very loud (will need to put ear to PC).

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

HUGE improvement.

It's based on the FSP Raider platform so it has an active-clamp platform (FSP loves to use those), so the transformer might make some noise under heavy loads with that Vega card, but I can't say for sure as I haven't tested that exact combination.  I will say that if it does make any noise, it will not be very loud (will need to put ear to PC).

Thanks for the help I'll get the 600w version for more headroom

21 hours ago, Hunted_marksman said:

"More headroom" doesn't get you a different platform. Same issue can still arise.

The 500W version can most certainly output 500W.

If you have enough money to burn to unnecessarily get a 600W version, then just get a better overall PSU, like one with LLC.  Higher wattage does not equate to better PSU.  Better PSU equates to better PSU.

What country are you in so we can see your options?

22 hours ago, Hunted_marksman said:

500W will be enough even with your Vega 56. "Headroom" after that is useful if you plan on going multi-GPU, since you'll be pretty hard-pressed to find a single consumer grade GPU that pulls more power than a Vega 56/64. And Crossfire/SLI is pretty much dead for gaming anyway, so there's not much point in going that route anyway.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC