Radeon 5700XT Issues

PITR

Hello, I had my AMD Radeon 5700XT for a couple of months now, and I have been experiencing a bunch of weird issues.
Before anyone asks, yes, I did perform multiple DDUs and system reinstalls since I got the GPU.

My Radeon config also went through many iterations and, I probably did try all possible configurations.
First of all, the performance in many apps and games is lackluster, often falling below my old GTX 1060 3GB, and oddly enough, the performance often doesn't seem to be tied to the graphic settings.
For example, Rust, my framerate seems to be stable and nice, but it dips (and I mean it) and gets unstable if any players are nearby. My framerates are the same (plus-minus 3 FPS) in all settings, there is pretty much no difference between the lowest of the low, and ultra settings, if a player is nearby my framerate will dip to below 50/40 and sometimes below 30. A very similar issue is happening in Tower Unite.

Performance in Adobe After Effects is jokingly bad, Vegas Pro preview doesn't keep up even on the lowest quality settings, and Premiere is buggy when using the GPU accelerated mode.
Also, all modern emulation software like Cemu or Yuzu seems to work worse than on the GTX 1060, even when it's using Vulkan and not OpenCL.
The GPU also tends to hang my whole system and/or BSOD when I'm on Windows.
Oh and this one is nitpicky, but I can barely hear my GPU doing things, moving something in Blender or even drawing in Krita causes a very quiet buzzing sound that follows my cursor movement precisely.

Are all of those things typical for this card, or is something wrong on my end? Please help lads

The buzzing sound is probably coil whine. Its normal to an extent but I've never had a card do it badly.

As far as other issues, I'm not sure. Are you overclocking the card at all? I found RDR2 gets really stuttery if I OC my 5700xt past 2100mhz.

1 minute ago, Demonic Donut said:

The buzzing sound is probably coil whine. Its normal to an extent but I've never had a card do it badly.

As far as other issues, I'm not sure. Are you overclocking the card at all? I found RDR2 gets really stuttery if I OC my 5700xt past 2100mhz.

The coil whine is the least of my worries, and no, I didn't overclock the GPU at all.

2 minutes ago, PITR said:

The coil whine is the least of my worries, and no, I didn't overclock the GPU at all.

Do you have any Radeon graphics settings trying to override game settings? What are temps like? Try running HWInfo and seeing if anything is getting really high utilization. Do you have an SSD game drive? What's your build?

Just now, Demonic Donut said:

Do you have any Radeon graphics settings trying to override game settings? What are temps like? Try running HWInfo and seeing if anything is getting really high utilization. Do you have an SSD game drive? What's your build?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. The usage is usually pretty low, IIRC my CPU usage was at around 30% and GPU usage at around 50/40% while playing Tower Unite with unlimited framerate. The same is true for other games.
My CPU is AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and I have 16 GB of RAM.
The drive also shouldn't be an issue, I'm usually using a M.2 SSD.

Temps? HWinfo should give gpu memory and VRM temps as well as Die if the sensors are there.

10 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

Temps? HWinfo should give gpu memory and VRM temps as well as Die if the sensors are there.

HWiNFO64_aS2TXY0Kfq.png.ab57e9c70b687f11e55caf634d19fc5e.png

HWiNFO64_u960G38sN3.png.41c3a9524492172f29962bfac948b214.png

HWiNFO64_0DJADVeP17.png.0ea2093cc4cfe45d4362cd0c31744748.png

Are you on the latest driver?

Did you accidentally apply a power limit to the card some how either in Radeon software or MSI afterburner?

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

47 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Are you on the latest driver?

Did you accidentally apply a power limit to the card some how either in Radeon software or MSI afterburner?

All of those issues happen on both the latest stable and the beta driver, and no, I didn't apply a low power power profile/power limit. As I said, I did wipe my PC at least twice since I got the GPU, so settings like that wouldn't persist.

2 hours ago, Demonic Donut said:

Are those during gaming? Or just idle?

Not gaming, but a couple of productivity apps open.

3 hours ago, PITR said:

Not gaming, but a couple of productivity apps open.

Run HWInfo while gaming or running Furmark etc to get data while stressing the card.

Usually the issue you are having is driver or cooling related.

2 hours ago, Demonic Donut said:

Run HWInfo while gaming or running Furmark etc to get data while stressing the card.

Usually the issue you are having is driver or cooling related.

Here are my temps while running Tower Unite at highest settings with unlimited framerate

HWiNFO64_8Qrlr8uvEi.png.2311ce99a5f1ea0953663bde06ce7a45.png

HWiNFO64_gtkARmyC82.png.0d081cfe3ba13ccec3f818a81c694f53.png

HWiNFO64_4LUQ6sY7y5.png.34af2d3649204b2ba969e617d0b04842.png

Perfectly normal.

I edit my posts more often than not

3 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Perfectly normal.

The temps?

1 minute ago, PITR said:

The temps?

Yup, GPU is fine up to high 90's and hotspot to 110C iirc.

I edit my posts more often than not

3 hours ago, PITR said:

The temps?

Normal temps. Seems driver/software related. Maybe something with the card. You could RMA the card. Which version 5700xt? Just curious.

Try turning down the power limit slider in the Performance section. I typically run mine with a -15%, and it stabilizes many games that used to crash a lot. (I think my PSU is having issues with the power delivery, but I haven't checked for sure)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms