GPU not sitting properly on the left side of the pcie slot

Tech Reprise

The circled part of the gpu is not going in all the way and is staying out by approx a mm or less. So I have to press in the IO shield to screw it in place properly.

I changed my motherboard to an atx x570 today from an atx x370. The gpu went in all the way in the x370.

Is it because of manufacturing tolerance of the motherboard standoff holes being slightly off in asrock vs gigabyte ? 

Also will it be okay to run it like this? The pc boots fine and heaven benchmark on all ultra 8x passed with flying colours.

IMG_20200803_004701.jpg

• AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Stock
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz

As long as you are able to screw in the PCIe slot screw and secure the graphics card, and the pins are contacting and everything works, I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

8 minutes ago, The_russian said:

As long as you are able to screw in the PCIe slot screw and secure the graphics card, and the pins are contacting and everything works, I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

Yes, I just had to push the IO plate slightly to line up the holes. I was just wondering how can this happen, same PC case, same gpu just a different motherboard of same form factor. At this point I think asrock's holes are drilled slightly off from the normal atx specs.

I might try to loosen the motherboard mounting screws and try again but if its working now I think I should let it be as it is.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Stock
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz