Getting low FPS with i7 9th gen and 1660 ti.

I recently got an Acer Nitro 7 with i7-9th gen,1660ti and 8 gb RAM and have been getting low FPS in all the games I play.

These are the numbers I'm getting are below the benchmarks.

Dota 2 on highest settings-80

CS:GO highest-100

Warzone-60-70

On the MSI AFterburner,under the Limiting facor,it shows- "No Load/Power", it keeps changing between the two.

Does my laptop have some manufacturing defect?

I get 60-70 FPS on the lowest possible warzone settings***

you're power limited. The 9750H is limited to 45W so it will run at base clock (the boost is only achieved for a maximum of 30 seconds) and the 1660 Ti is power limited so in real world performance, it's essentially a 1650 Super desktop equivalent.

Add another 8GB RAM

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

18 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

you're power limited. The 9750H is limited to 45W so it will run at base clock (the boost is only achieved for a maximum of 30 seconds) and the 1660 Ti is power limited so in real world performance, it's essentially a 1650 Super desktop equivalent.

so how do i fix the issue is what i want to know,i saw on youtube that Acer Nitro 5 with i5 1650 and 8gb is giving 100+ FPS in Dota.

But my machines cannot get those numbers.

11 minutes ago, VD_Freak said:

so how do i fix the issue is what i want to know,i saw on youtube that Acer Nitro 5 with i5 1650 and 8gb is giving 100+ FPS in Dota.

But my machines cannot get those numbers.

Reinstall the drivers, update the BIOS and clean the laptop. Nothing else you can do. The 1650 was likely running at full tilt while you're power limited. Don't expect more than 120-130

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Reinstall the drivers, update the BIOS and clean the laptop. Nothing else you can do. The 1650 was likely running at full tilt while you're power limited. Don't expect more than 120-130

I am getting 80-90 FPS on LOW settings in Dota 2 and a mere 50 FPS in Warzone,on the lowest possible settings. I have a feeling it has some Manufacturing defect.

Just now, VD_Freak said:

I am getting 80-90 FPS on LOW settings in Dota 2 and a mere 50 FPS in Warzone,on the lowest possible settings. I have a feeling it has some Manufacturing defect.

Like I said, DDU the drivers, update the BIOS and clean the fans. Nothing else you can do

If its pretty new u can just try messaging manufacturer or if its just a local shop take it to them.

1 hour ago, VD_Freak said:

Check CPU and GPU clock speeds while in game

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

5 hours ago, 5x5 said:

That's not right. There are multiple boost states, a 9750H absolutely runs above base clock as long as you want, thermals permitting.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

8 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

That's not right. There are multiple boost states, a 9750H absolutely runs above base clock as long as you want, thermals permitting.

When configured to 62W yes. It closes to max boost. But at 45W default - it runs about 3GHz.

32 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

When configured to 62W yes. It closes to max boost. But at 45W default - it runs about 3GHz.

Which is above base clock...

Beyond that, it’s more like 3.2 to 3.3 according to reviews and the other machine I have at my house with that exact chip. Hell, the Aero 15 we have here has some of the most aggressive power throttling out there and it still keeps at 3.3 through torture tests. 

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

2 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

Which is above base clock...

Beyond that, it’s more like 3.2 to 3.3 according to reviews and the other machine I have at my house with that exact chip. Hell, the Aero 15 we have here has some of the most aggressive power throttling out there and it still keeps at 3.3 through torture tests. 

Still a far cry from the advertised 4+GHz boost clock

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2020 at 7:38 AM, VD_Freak said:

I recently got an Acer Nitro 7 with i7-9th gen,1660ti and 8 gb RAM and have been getting low FPS in all the games I play.

Warzone-60-70

On the MSI AFterburner,under the Limiting facor,it shows- "No Load/Power", it keeps changing between the two.

Warzone-60-70

Warzone-60-70

I’ve got the i7 10750h An the -

1660 ti in the new g17 rog laptop. lol it’s decent I run about 100 frames on most games at high settings. I’ve under volted the cpu a tiny bit and oc the gpu up to 2040mhz. Anybody got any better settings or configures on this setup? My cpu runs at 4.3ghz all the time which is pretty good for that one I think