League of Legends will not work on new computer

I don't know where to post this, hopefully I am on the right forum. I can not get league of legends to work. Even after a fresh download, after it installs the prerequisite software, it just throws up an error saying pvp.net patcher kernel stopped working. I can get it to patch or anything. I have tried uninstalling it (including with CCleaner) and I just have no clue what to do. Has anyone else had this problem, am I even on the right forum? Thanks in advance! 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

Well, I think the proper place to put this would be 'Troubleshooting' but it is in relation to a PC game, so you could argue it for being here.

As to the actual League of Legends problem have you tried rebooting your computer? It sounds pretty silly, but it might fix your issue. I have personally had this happen a few times where a bug like this has been fixed with a reboot (not with League of Legends specifically, but with other problems).

If that doesn't work you might be better off contacting support directly from League of Legends webpage.

//ccap

I would contact League after a reboot, Nocturne... It's such a niche issue, that could be just about anything. They'll have a better idea already.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

new computer, you say. Is everything up to date? I once could not get bf3 to run because of missing Windows 7 updates.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

try installing on a different folder

maybe something got corrupted, download the client again and when it asks where to download just select different folder

Do you Windows service package 1 installed? I had issues with some other programs that need this after I formatted my pc, but when i played lol i never had issues installing it, even on a fresh pc.. 

Have to try repairing the client?

CPU - Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.1GHz | MOBO - ASUS H97-PLUS | RAM - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz |

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate HDD, 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD |

Chassis - Corsair 400R | PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W |

Send a support ticket to Riot. They have helped several times before.

| CPUAMD FX-6350 4.2Ghz | MotherboardGigabyte: GA-78LMT-USB3 | RAM16 GBytes DDR3 | GPUMSI AMD Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr IV OC Edition | PSU: Corsair 650W Modular +Gold Certified | Storage: 2 TB HDD |

If I remember correctly you have to run the launcher as an admin. I could be thinking of another issue though.