1.how to use 2 monitors as 1 screen 2.how to use 2 monitors completely differently

xyan3

i need help, if im nt wrong extend desktop is the function for 2 monitor screen merging as one screen

but how bout 2 monitors connected to 1 pc running completely different things for example 1 on a game and 1 on youtube [like how linus used 7 monitors on 1 pc playing games on each]

Just drag the window to the other screen, that's it.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

1 minute ago, Samfisher said:

Just drag the window to the other screen, that's it.

huh so still using extend desktop function but wouldnt it be still one big screen split within 2 monitors

oh i think i got it but how do i play games on 2 monitors as 1 screen

Just now, xyan3 said:

huh so still using extend desktop function but wouldnt it be still one big screen split within 2 monitors

No, they are seen as 2 monitors still, just that you can move things between them.

so if i wanna use youtube i jus drag it over

Just now, Samfisher said:

No, they are seen as 2 monitors still, just that you can move things between them.

so i jus drag utube over but is it possible to play games on 2 monitors instead of one like 2 monitors as one screen

Just now, xyan3 said:

oh i think i got it but how do i play games on 2 monitors as 1 screen

This one is infinitely tricker and probably won't ever work since games still need to know which monitor to display on, and 2 monitors are still seen as 2 monitors so it will only display on 1 at a time, unless you play in windowed mode and.....drag the window size over 2 monitors.  That's also assuming they are even the same resolution.

1 minute ago, Samfisher said:

This one is infinitely tricker and probably won't ever work since games still need to know which monitor to display on, and 2 monitors are still seen as 2 monitors so it will only display on 1 at a time, unless you play in windowed mode and.....drag the window size over 2 monitors.  That's also assuming they are even the same resolution.

i do see some people doing it tho but i think its tricky right ? but for googling/surfing/watching utube is it possible to use 2 monitor as 1 screen

is it ok to open taskview and open another desktop for second monitor so itll operate seperately

1 minute ago, xyan3 said:

i do see some people doing it tho but i think its tricky right ? but for googling/surfing/watching utube is it possible to use 2 monitor as 1 screen

You can, just manually stretch your youtube browser over 2 screens.  You'll have both bezels in he middle of the video/game though...

3 monitors is more likely to be supported (surround gaming) as 1 monitor is still in your direct view instead of the bezels of 2 monitors where your crosshair would be, or well anything would be.

1 minute ago, xyan3 said:

is it ok to open taskview and open another desktop for second monitor so itll operate seperately

What do you mean another desktop?  You can drag anything around on the 2 monitors.

3 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

You can, just manually stretch your youtube browser over 2 screens.  You'll have both bezels in he middle of the video/game though...

3 monitors is more likely to be supported (surround gaming) as 1 monitor is still in your direct view instead of the bezels of 2 monitors where your crosshair would be, or well anything would be.

like i wanna watch youtube on 2 monitors as 1 screen how do i do that

3 minutes ago, xyan3 said:

Are you using an NVidia or AMD card? If you want to play a game on several monitors you have to enable it in Drivers. On AMD it's called Eyefinity, that basically puts both monitors together and let's the system see it as one big one, making games automatically render at that resolution. 

Extended Desktop still sees two different monitors, so you can easily run a game on monitor 1 and youtube on monitor 2. However, games (unless stretchable, like Minecraft f.e.) will not run on both properly, if at all.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Just now, -iSynthesis said:

Are you using an NVidia or AMD card? If you want to play a game on several monitors you have to enable it in Drivers. On AMD it's called Eyefinity, that basically puts both monitors together and let's the system see it as one big one, making games automatically render at that resolution. 

Extended Desktop still sees two different monitors, so you can easily run a game on monitor 1 and youtube on monitor 2. However, games (unless stretchable, like Minecraft f.e.) will not run on both properly, if at all.

oh ok 2 sperate monitors but how do i use youtube on the 2 monitors and make it into one screen

11 minutes ago, xyan3 said:

oh ok 2 sperate monitors but how do i use youtube on the 2 monitors and make it into one screen

Either you just drag your browser over both screens (the window cannot be maximized, maximizing will always only make it appear on one monitor) (Easier option)

or enable eyefinity/nvidia surround in the drivers (more difficult option and can be annoying if you want to go back to normal each time)

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

1 minute ago, -iSynthesis said:

Either you just drag your browser over both screens (the window cannot be maximized, maximizing will always only make it appear on one monitor) (Easier option)

or enable eyefinity/nvidia surround in the drivers (more difficult option and can be annoying when you want to go back to normal each time)

is it possible to watch different youtube videos on each monitor

6 minutes ago, xyan3 said:

You can stretch your browser across both screens like @-iSynthesis described. However, most videos use a 16:9 aspect ratio. Meaning the image will either be horribly stretched or centered so you only get to see half of the image on each screen.

2 minutes ago, xyan3 said:

is it possible to watch different youtube videos on each monitor

Of course. Just open two browser windows, one on each screen. Then open YouTube in both windows and watch whatever you want.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

can someone explain to me how people use 1 pc to allow 2 gamers to play the same game together

16 minutes ago, xyan3 said:

can someone explain to me how people use 1 pc to allow 2 gamers to play the same game together

Virtual machine. You can setup a VM on the PC and have a dedicated graphics card run trough that VM to display on the other monitor. You obiously need a separate mouse and keyboard to control the VM as well so that 2 people can input at the same time.