Question about the psu fan.

donut32

Does buying a higher wattage psu than needed, prolong the psu's fan life, as it does not pin up that much?

No. The lifespan of the PSU and the fan RPM depends on the PSU model you get, not the wattage

:)

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

You generally want your system to draw around 70% of the PSUs total wattage for that reason and general efficiency. So yes.

So, should i be worried about the fact that my Seasonic Core has a Sleeve bearing fan?

3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

You generally want your system to draw around 70% of the PSUs

What?  If a PSU can provide it's rated wattage just fine. Then that's not a problem. 

5 minutes ago, donut32 said:

prolong the psu's fan life, as it does not pin up that much?

Nope. The model is what matters. Not the wattge. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

No. The lifespan of the PSU and the fan RPM depends on the PSU model you get, not the wattage

So, should i be worried about the fact that my Seasonic Core has a Sleeve bearing fan?

3 minutes ago, donut32 said:

It has a 7 year warranty, so when/if the fan fails, you can RMA it.

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Alright, thanks.

9 minutes ago, donut32 said:

No - sleeves are not all created equal. There is a massive disparity between cheap ones and God ones.

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Is it a good thing to run a PSU at their max rated wattage all the time?

Afaik it wouldn't hurt the PSU. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, seon123 said:

I have a bit of a problem with that. In their website about RMA, they say that I need to provide the name of the authorized Seasonic distributor or reseller, but when I select my country in their list (https://seasonic.com/locations), there are no shops provided. I am from Latvia btw.

21 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

No - sleeves are not all created equal. There is a massive disparity between cheap ones and God ones.

No.  They're all cheap.  :D

I can't see how they can give that PSU a 7 year warranty with that fan in it.  :D

3 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

No.  They're all cheap.  :D

I can't see how they can give that PSU a 7 year warranty with that fan in it.  :D

So, am I screwed or not? Cause I see, that I have a bit of a problem with RMA. In their website about RMA, they say that I need to provide the name of the authorized Seasonic distributor or reseller, but when I select my country in their list (https://seasonic.com/locations), there are no shops provided. I am from Latvia btw.

2 minutes ago, donut32 said:

So, am I screwed or not? Cause I see, that I have a bit of a problem with RMA. In their website about RMA, they say that I need to provide the name of the authorized Seasonic distributor or reseller, but when I select my country in their list (https://seasonic.com/locations), there are no shops provided. I am from Latvia btw.

You're fine. No need to worry. Unless you're running at insane overload, the fan is fine for 100,000 hours at max speed

3 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You're fine. No need to worry. Unless you're running at insane overload, the fan is fine for 100,000 hours at max speed

But that is the MTBF, not fan's life Expectancy.

18 minutes ago, donut32 said:

No.  You're fine.  You have a 7 year warranty.   Fan dies, you RMA the PSU.

12 minutes ago, donut32 said:

But that is the MTBF, not fan's life Expectancy.

Exactly.

11 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

No.  You're fine.  You have a 7 year warranty.   Fan dies, you RMA the PSU.

Exactly.

Alright, thanks again.