Top comcast employee says they won't fix my internet

mockedarche

So since late February i've been having packetloss its varied from 1-25% and doesn't ever completely go away. We called comcast and had to wait until May to actually get someone out (covid). When they came they said the signals looked fine and they would talk to an employee down the street. He never returned so we called and they sent a replacement modem. Then slowly but surely things get better (wasn't immediate but overnight it restarted a couple times and then the packlet loss disappeared). Then when the first employee showed up he ordered people to come and bury the line to the house since it was above ground. When they came they had to disconnect the cable since we have a sprinkler system. After that and I mean literally 15 minutes before fine and after back to 10% packetloss. We called again and got the highest up person at our cities Comcast (atleast what he said) he came and checked the line and called trucks who fixed some equipment on our street but the issue didn't go away. We told him it didn't go away and he told us that the packetloss wouldn't be noticeable and that its probably from additional traffic on the network. Fast forward around a month im sort of lost I can't very well argue against him since he is the top employee but at the same time I can't be having 10% packetloss forever ( I haven't gamed in since Feb). I can't very well switch to century link because their speeds wouldn't be enough for my household. Comcast is the only option, so should I call in and hope to get an agent who fixes it? I would believe its traffic based but it never goes away even at 3AM on a weeknight EXCEPT when they did something on their end and fixed it via changing something with the modem. Another thing to note is this issue occurs wirelessly or wired and it doesn't seem to change the % either. Any suggestions would be helpful as it seems as if Comcast has just decided to ignore me. As after the top tech said it was by traffic and not noticeable he set an appointment for the next day and was a no show and hasn't contacted me since. Sorry for grammar or anything else as im writing this while quite aggravated. 

just to be sure, your connection to the switch is stable, right?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

just to be sure, your connection to the switch is stable, right?

You mean to the modem? It happens on wired (multiple cables aswell) and wireless.

1 minute ago, Ohsnaps said:

You mean to the modem? It happens on wired (multiple cables aswell) and wireless.

yea the modem/router/switch

just making sure it's not a local problem

but yea ISP can be tricky to deal with, since you're stuck with them, and they know that

monopoly, man

31 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

but yea ISP can be tricky to deal with, since you're stuck with them, and they know that

monopoly, man

Sadly, in a lot of places like mine there aren't many options, although what I have is fine (webpass). Its sort of like electricity(at least where I live), they have a monopoly and you can't really do anything about it sadly.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

9 minutes ago, ItzCopiouz said:

Sadly, in a lot of places like mine there aren't many options, although what I have is fine (webpass). Its sort of like electricity(at least where I live), they have a monopoly and you can't really do anything about it sadly.

42 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

monopoly, man

So essentially I should just keep on them in hopes it eventually gets fixed/

59 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

So essentially I should just keep on them in hopes it eventually gets fixed

nothing else u can do, i reckon

1 hour ago, Ohsnaps said:

So essentially I should just keep on them in hopes it eventually gets fixed/

Best thing you can do is document. 

Record your calls, I know they do but they will only bring it out in evidence if it suits them.  

Troubleshoot your network, and document with screenshots, videos and logs.  The best thing to do is take solid documentation. Get someone's email address at Comcast and ask them consistently for troubleshooting advice and keep on sending them detailed logs and follow-ups on your issue.  

Call their service desk repeatedly and ask to file a new ticket every time one gets closed, ONLY do this if your issue does not get resolved.  Keep calling for follow-ups and ASK for a ticket number.  This will be like a reference number they use as a reference for your issue within their ticketing system. 

They will keep on taking you in circles with troubleshooting unless you know your stuff and document everything.  Treat them like you're a business who uses them as an ISP and has internet outages in your data center.  Keep pestering, keep sending them information, and keep troubleshooting. 

2 minutes ago, Akolyte said:

Best thing you can do is document. 

Record your calls, I know they do but they will only bring it out in evidence if it suits them.  

Troubleshoot your network, and document with screenshots, videos and logs.  The best thing to do is take solid documentation. Get someone's email address at Comcast and ask them consistently for troubleshooting advice and keep on sending them detailed logs and follow-ups on your issue.  

Call their service desk repeatedly and ask to file a new ticket every time one gets closed, ONLY do this if your issue does not get resolved.  Keep calling for follow-ups and ASK for a ticket number.  This will be like a reference number they use as a reference for your issue within their ticketing system. 

They will keep on taking you in circles with troubleshooting unless you know your stuff and document everything.  Treat them like you're a business who uses them as an ISP and has internet outages in your data center.  Keep pestering, keep sending them information, and keep troubleshooting. 

To build upon this, one thing you may have to do is read through legal documentation and attempt to find something refereed to as an SLA - "Service Level Agreement". 

Every IT company has this, usually in a business contract, but it's an agreement that defines what timeline they have to fix your issue. An example of an SLA might be: 

Consistent Internet Speeds not below 50mb/s or a total of 80% of advertised speeds.  Tickets will be closed or escalated within 7-days of first-notice of the issue.  

Those might not be realistic, just an example.  Usually a breach of SLA means you pay less for your internet, and also slams on their reputation.  Consistent SLA Breaches and the inability to transfer ISPs, might be reason for you to take this issue to court.  

Read your Contract, determine SLA's.  Once you read your contract and understand the terms fully, you might be able to use your knowledge of the contractual agreements and SLA's as a way to encourage technicians to take a look at your issue if they are about to breach an SLA found within your contract. 

9 hours ago, Ohsnaps said:

Sorry for grammar or anything else as im writing this while quite aggravated. 

Comcast has the worst customer service out of any company. Thats why they won the golding poop award two years in the row for being the worst company in America. 

First of all if you can go to 192.168.100.1, you should be able to get the the modems diagnostic page. From there if you look at the signals tab, it should be able to figure out if your signals are within spec. 

Does the packet loss happen on an Ethernet connection? 

For the record I have Comcast myself. I just figured out how to diagnose stuff myself. Because many issues can in a way be solved by you. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.