The new G9 Odyssey. Question regarding req. GPU.

Hey i have a question regarding the G9 Odyssey screen!
I have preordered the G9 Odyssey screen (49Inches) , and only got a GPU of, MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio, not a MSI 2080 TI.
Will i be able to use the screen with that GPU? or do i need a RTX 2080 TI? 
Id rather have the screen so i can save up for the better RTX that has yet to be revealed this year. 

But 240hz at 1ms and 1000R Curved screen seems too great to avoid, im currently using a ASUS 280hz screen which was alot cheaper. 

10 minutes ago, StefanFC said:

I have preordered the G9 Odyssey screen (49Inches) , and only got a GPU of, MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio, not a MSI 2080 TI.
Id rather have the screen so i can save up for the better RTX that has yet to be revealed this year. 

But 240hz at 1ms and 1000R Curved screen seems too great to avoid, im currently using a ASUS 280hz screen which was alot cheaper. 

Even a 2080Ti will stuggle pushing 1440p at 240Hz. You should still get a great experience with the monitor, just dont expect 200+ fps unless you're playing esports titles or you significantly lower the in-game settings.

Going for one of the new GPUs when they release sounds like a good idea, and you should be able to make up a large amount of the cost if you sell your 2080S

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Any idea when you are getting the monitor? I've heard they are being delayed by a lot because of some defects in the manufacturing.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Hopefully when you get it they've actually fixed all of the issues that plague it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, marmour said:

Even a 2080Ti will stuggle pushing 1440p at 240Hz. You should still get a great experience with the monitor, just dont expect 200+ fps unless you're playing esports titles or you significantly lower the in-game settings.

Going for one of the new GPUs when they release sounds like a good idea, and you should be able to make up a large amount of the cost if you sell your 2080S

okay thanks for the info, i like to play battlefield 5 so fps is a must, but if i lower the settings in-game i should be able to run the screen at 240hz and more fps around 200+ is that correctly understood? if so i can always cancel the order and save up for when the screen is cheaper and the new Nvidia GPU is out. 

however i have a CPU intel i9 9900k 5.0ghz overclock able but havent OC'ed it and dont think i will. so only thing i need is a better GPU. 

Btw if i sell the MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio i have, when the newer cards from Nvidia releases, how much do you think i could get for such the GPU? considering that i read something about the 3080+ RTX GPU upcomming that they would cost the same as the time the 2080 RTX released..

regards stefan

3 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

Any idea when you are getting the monitor? I've heard they are being delayed by a lot because of some defects in the manufacturing.

i bought it the 16 this month and estimated delivery to the stores is around the 30 juli in stores, and the delivery to my door would be the 3 august

1 minute ago, StefanFC said:

i bought it the 16 this month and estimated delivery to the stores is around the 30 juli in stores, and the delivery to my door would be the 3 august

You sure it hasn’t been pushed back? From what I heard, if it wasn’t delivered yet, it would have to go through a bunch more testing (and take longer) before it could be delivered.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Hopefully when you get it they've actually fixed all of the issues that plague it.

I have not really heard anything about its issues, however the online shop i preordered the screen at says they would get it in stock at around the 28 juli, and recieved a email that it would first be delivered to the store the 30 juli so 2 days extra. and + a little extra waiting time for the screen to be shipped to my door the 3 august or some where around that date.

Can you link some news from where you came across the Child sickness the screen might have, and if supposingly the screen would be later out in the shops?, since I guess, as you mentioned that the screen would be held back before launching for order instead of preorder

4 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

You sure it hasn’t been pushed back? From what I heard, if it wasn’t delivered yet, it would have to go through a bunch more testing (and take longer) before it could be delivered.

im pretty sure yes.... however not so quite sure again, because I preordered it and got a email 2 days ago that it would be pushed back 2 days extra before it would be purchase able from online stores. 
im from Denmark and I just follow up on what the online webshop is writing their info, regarding the screen and its delivery to the stores. have not watched or heard any info about it other than a email where they mention it would take 2 days extra. so if you know anything please share, like a link to the sites you've visited or some form of news . 

4 minutes ago, StefanFC said:

Can you link some news from where you came across the Child sickness the screen might have, and if supposingly the screen would be later out in the shops?

Here is the forum thread (it has sources in there): 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

22 minutes ago, StefanFC said:

okay thanks for the info, i like to play battlefield 5 so fps is a must, but if i lower the settings in-game i should be able to run the screen at 240hz and more fps around 200+ is that correctly understood? if so i can always cancel the order and save up for when the screen is cheaper and the new Nvidia GPU is out. 

however i have a CPU intel i9 9900k 5.0ghz overclock able but havent OC'ed it and dont think i will. so only thing i need is a better GPU. 

Btw if i sell the MSI RTX 2080 Super Gaming X Trio i have, when the newer cards from Nvidia releases, how much do you think i could get for such the GPU? considering that i read something about the 3080+ RTX GPU upcomming that they would cost the same as the time the 2080 RTX released..

regards stefan

Should get a nice bump if you lower the settings. Cant tell you for sure what fps you'll get, but it should be pretty decent.

Nvidia cards hold their value pretty well. It's a petty nice model that you have, so I would imagine you could get $500-600 for it, if not more

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

2 hours ago, StefanFC said:

I have not really heard anything about its issues, however the online shop i preordered the screen at says they would get it in stock at around the 28 juli, and recieved a email that it would first be delivered to the store the 30 juli so 2 days extra. and + a little extra waiting time for the screen to be shipped to my door the 3 august or some where around that date.

Can you link some news from where you came across the Child sickness the screen might have, and if supposingly the screen would be later out in the shops?, since I guess, as you mentioned that the screen would be held back before launching for order instead of preorder

That video touches on a few issues. There are numerous others too, but I'm not going to go around digging for them.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

That video touches on a few issues. There are numerous others too, but I'm not going to go around digging for them.

thanks. will watch it right now

23 hours ago, StefanFC said:

Out of curiosity, what is it you think you know about the G9 that has made you pre-order it ?

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

23 hours ago, marmour said:

MP games are fine. 

I was running Apex and Fortnite at Ultra/High settings and easily getting 240FPS at 1440p. 

On 7/23/2020 at 5:45 PM, SolarNova said:

Out of curiosity, what is it you think you know about the G9 that has made you pre-order it ?

i dont know much of it, just saw it and thought i want that screen, after i looked into the reviews it just made me cancel the order since it has a bad reputation of different issues.
and Samsung recalled the screen so it would take longer for it to arrive in Denmark online shops.