is this a good deal ?

Budget (including currency): About 1k or more if I have to up to 2k

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming mostly

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

So I really dont want to build the computer, there is this guy in my town who is selling ones he builds himself. can someone tell me if this is a good deal or not and which one should I buy? He offers a 1 year warranty and a 7 day return period so it's a good deal on that side of things. I already have a monitor and keyboard and stuff so im just looking for the tower.

snip.thumb.PNG.4876be8fe5b2854092a49aea3a7b180b.PNGsnip.thumb.PNG.cb84d011c97af61de732cad0050ce152.PNG

Is this good??? The one on the bottom is the high end RTX one

Idk it's kinda hard to say, but that first row doesn't seem extortionary. It's (almost) always going to be cheaper to build a rig yourself, and it's a good experience. 10/10 recommend DIY.

ASU

5 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Idk it's kinda hard to say, but that first row doesn't seem extortionary. It's (almost) always going to be cheaper to build a rig yourself, and it's a good experience. 10/10 recommend DIY.

wdym? I know it would be cheaper but i dont really care about saving %10 is not much. i guess what im asking is it a good deal compared to buying one on amazon?

25 minutes ago, Divisionon said:

wdym? I know it would be cheaper but i dont really care about saving %10 is not much. i guess what im asking is it a good deal compared to buying one on amazon?

the prices seem decent, considering they are pre-builts, but it's hard to say just how good or bad of a deal it is without knowing more specs like models of the parts.

edit: and it may be more than 10%. especially if they use extra shoddy labor/parts, requiring costly repairs.

its always a better option to do it youself as of these kind of sellers mostly cut edges on parts like psu and ram speed or hell even ssd speed

They don't SPECIFY the brand or model of the motherboard, RAM, solid state drive, air cooler or liquid, and PSU. I'd want to know what they ARE so I can compare what the company is using to others. 

Personally, I'd do it myself so I know what is going into it, just like going to get your oil changed at a quick-lube...probably **** and the no name oil filters on a $3000+ engine. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

30 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

the prices seem decent, considering they are pre-builts, but it's hard to say just how good or bad of a deal it is without knowing more specs like models of the parts.

edit: and it may be more than 10%. especially if they use extra shoddy labor/parts, requiring costly repairs.

11 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

They don't SPECIFY the brand or model of the motherboard, RAM, solid state drive, air cooler or liquid, and PSU. I'd want to know what they ARE so I can compare what the company is using to others. 

Personally, I'd do it myself so I know what is going into it, just like going to get your oil changed at a quick-lube...probably **** and the no name oil filters on a $3000+ engine. 

I sent them an email and this is what they said for their high end one:

Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk MAX

PSU: EVGA 700w 80+ bronze

RAM: 8x2 3000mhz Corsair LPX

SSD: WD Blue 500gb M.2 PCIe

32 minutes ago, BardiaMGTGC said:

its always a better option to do it youself as of these kind of sellers mostly cut edges on parts like psu and ram speed or hell even ssd speed

1 minute ago, Divisionon said:

seems good to me 3600mhz ram for that price they are offering would be a better deal 

1 minute ago, BardiaMGTGC said:

seems good to me 3600mhz ram for that price they are offering would be a better deal 

Was just about to say, Ryzen favors higher frequency memory, 3000 is just cutting it and I feel you can definitely fit 3600 in for that price. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Was just about to say, Ryzen favors higher frequency memory, 3000 is just cutting it and I feel you can definitely fit 3600 in for that price. 

even something like a samsung evo 

2 minutes ago, BardiaMGTGC said:

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Okay but for that price it would be good? Is it a good value ? Like the parts are good but for what its costs is it a good deal?

2 minutes ago, Divisionon said:

Okay but for that price it would be good? Is it a good value ? Like the parts are good but for what its costs is it a good deal?

If I was in a dire need of a computer, it's a good value for what you get. At least the builder provides you the make/model of the other parts. 

50 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

If I was in a dire need of a computer, it's a good value for what you get. At least the builder provides you the make/model of the other parts. 

52 minutes ago, BardiaMGTGC said:

well yeah its not bad for a prebuilt

How does it compare in terms of other prebuilts like HP or whatever. Why do you say dire need of a computer? If my only option was a prebuild do you think it would be better to buy this or something from HP or Dell

11 hours ago, Divisionon said:

How does it compare in terms of other prebuilts like HP or whatever. Why do you say dire need of a computer? 

When I mean in dire need of a computer, lets say, my computer crapped out and it is the only one I have and I need to get a new computer for gaming or school work that needs to be completed tomorrow, I NEED that computer ASAP. 

11 hours ago, Divisionon said:

If my only option was a prebuild do you think it would be better to buy this or something from HP or Dell

I specced out the same config on Dell using a Alienware R11 and its $200 more while on HP OMEN series is $400-500 more. I've heard bad experiences with customer service from both companies but what can you expect. The warranties from both companies are 1 year manufacturer...compare this to building your own, you can get 3 year warranty on a motherboard or graphics card, lifetime warranty on RAM, 5 year warranty on a SSD (Samsung), 10 year warranty on a PSU, and yet be cheaper to build than a prebuilt. 

By all means, a prebuilt is great to get started in PC gaming but I wouldn't recommend it for those that are experienced/prior knowledge in building a computer themselves.