(AUSTRALIA) Does anyone know of a Free To Air HDMI stick?

Beezohh

Hi! I'm can not get a coax aerial point installed where I currently have my TV and I don't want to keep using my PS4 to use the apps to watch free to air TV
Does anyone know if there even is a thing such as a HDMI stick that can just get free to air TV over WiFi without having to switch through apps, i'm not looking for like an android or smart TV add on I'm literally looking for like a TV aerial thing but over WiFi that just goes straight into HDMI
Thanks lads

Can't you just buy an indoor TV antenna and plug it into the back of your TV? (This will only work if you are relatively close to the TV transmitter)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

On 7/19/2020 at 8:35 AM, pythonmegapixel said:

Can't you just buy an indoor TV antenna and plug it into the back of your TV? (This will only work if you are relatively close to the TV transmitter)

They have a tendency to build out of concrete in that country. So OTA Antenna would not work well, unless it was stuck in a window or something. 

On 7/19/2020 at 7:47 AM, Beezohh said:

HDMI stick that can just get free to air TV over WiFi

Sorry to tell you this but that's not how it works. OTA TV works on select bands that your government allows. WiFi works on different bands. If you want TV via WiFI then you need an OTA Network TV turner like the HDHomerun. But be aware you need an antenna to capture the OTA signal, which is sounds like you're kinda screwed when it comes to that part. The only other option is to look for an App that does TV via internet, though you may have to pay for some service. Any way you look at it, you need an App to do this. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.