Which IPhone is the best for me?

Hey guys

So I've been an android user for several years & been planning to switch to an IPhone. 

I bought many android phones since many years & had issues with updates & compatibility. Like few of them had worst UI or had no OS updates. 

My mom broke her galaxy S9 last year during December(She dropped the phone & broke the back glass & again dropped it into a water bucket which killed the phone). So she now has IPhone 11 Pro max which she's taking good care of & she's happy with it as she doesn't switch her phone very often. 

So i too needed an iPhone which can last longer, is a bit cheap, has frequent updates etc. But in my country, buying an iPhone is a nightmare.

Like a base model IPhone SE costs $580. 

Base IPhone 11 for $800.

Base 11 Pro for $1300 & 11 pro max for $1450.

And IPhone XR for the same price as an IPhone SE. So i found it a bit cheap though.

I can buy an 11 pro or something but i don't want to waste my mom's money. I have an IPad 7th gen though which i bought from dubai for $290 & brought it back here. But now due to this pandemic, i can't import anything. So this is the only option to do rn

So guys plz help me buy one

Sorry for my bad English. 

Thank you.

If all you're after is long term support, go with the iPhone SE. It's newer and will thus have a longer support timeline. XR if you prefer the larger screen. Non-pro 11 if you're good with the $200 price hike.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

15 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

With iPhones its simple

You will be told to avoid the SE if another model is the same price, and to get the most expensive model you can afford.

No one is going to tell you differently. They can spin it how they want but the resulting message is the same. Predictable sheep is predictable

Then basically IPhone XR is worth the buy right. All I'm sacrificing is the performance over SE as it's a generation older than SE & others. Then everything is a pro. Thank you so much 

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

With iPhones its simple

You will be told to avoid the SE if another model is the same price, and to get the most expensive model you can afford.

No one is going to tell you differently. They can spin it how they want but the resulting message is the same. Predictable sheep is predictable

Actually the best model value/feature wise is the 11 just have to up it to 128GB of storage. The Pro is nice but you only get a 2X zoom and an OLED screen. All the features you want an iPhone for are on the 11. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, imaproboi said:

Then basically IPhone XR is worth the buy right. All I'm sacrificing is the performance over SE as it's a generation older than SE & others. Then everything is a pro. Thank you so much 

Depends how much cheaper the XR is over the 11. You get stuff like the night mode for the camera on the 11, an UW lens and better performance/longer support. 

3 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Actually the best model value/feature wise is the 11 just have to up it to 128GB of storage. The Pro is nice but you only get a 2X zoom and an OLED screen. All the features you want an iPhone for are on the 11. 

I agree but it was $750 a month ago & now it's around $850 due to increase in Tax. But people do buy them. I'll maybe consider that one. My mom has a 11 pro max, so I'm familiar with that. Thank you btw

If it helps I bought an Apple certified pre owned XS Max 256 for less than half price at the time, which was 648 usd iirc. The phone was flawless when I received it, had 100% percent battery (still does 5 months later) and I’ve got 2 years of Apple care on it. I have a new SE for my wife.. it’s ok, but it’s a stripped down iPhone experience, even when compared to the 7 it replaced. Its still a nice phone though, but if it were me I probably wouldn’t buy one for myself.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

3 hours ago, imaproboi said:

I agree but it was $750 a month ago & now it's around $850 due to increase in Tax. But people do buy them. I'll maybe consider that one. My mom has a 11 pro max, so I'm familiar with that. Thank you btw

I have an 11 Pro because the 11 seemed a bit too sideways from my XR.

Don't think there's any wrong choice witht he last 2 gens of iPhone but i wouldn't get an SE if the XR or 11 is an option. 

If I were going for a balance between raw features and saving a little bit of money, an iPhone 11.  It has all the shiny new processing power and underlying camera tech, you just don't get the OLED screen, telephoto lens and steel frame.

The iPhone SE is a great value if you're looking for performance -- you just have to be okay with that screen and single rear camera.

On 7/19/2020 at 4:29 AM, imaproboi said:

IPhone XR

Have an XR, wonderful device. I too used to be an Android user. Moved to Apple and Im happy I did. Not to say Android isn't good, as there are lots of good Android devices. The SE I think uses older hardware that Apple kinda had laying around. Id compare the specs of the SE to the XR. I can tell you the XR works great. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.