i have questions about facebook

dreamcast4599

first off let me start by saying i apologize if im not allowed to ask this on this forum i didnt know where else to ask

facebook disabled my account for a community standard violation. my moms letting me use one of her old accounts that she hasnt used in years is there anything i should know before i log into her account for the first time? i will be logging into my moms old account on the same pc and same web browser chrome that i used to log into on my disabled facebook account

for those who ask yes i sent my info to facebook asking them to review my account but with covid goin on i doubt they will be able to review it

also if it matters my moms old account is tild to an old cell phone number and old email address that she hasnt used in ages so im good there just wanna know what to do so that facebook does say hey you are logging into a new account even tho your old account was banned so were banning this account as well

What is happening on Facebook that is so important that you need to use your mothers account to access it? Wouldn't all your friends - and thus the reason for using Facebook - be on your account, not your mothers?

How long is your Facebook account banned for? My advice would be to wait out the ban period and use the time to reflect on what it was that got you banned from Facebook in the first place, and maybe use the time away from Facebook to consider whether or not it's really that important in your life.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

What is happening on Facebook that is so important that you need to use your mothers account to access it? Wouldn't all your friends - and thus the reason for using Facebook - be on your account, not your mothers?

How long is your Facebook account banned for? My advice would be to wait out the ban period and use the time to reflect on what it was that got you banned from Facebook in the first place, and maybe use the time away from Facebook to consider whether or not it's really that important in your life.

@Spotty i have severe social anxiety and depression facebook was a way for me to communicate and connect and talk with people by using my moms old account i can add those friends and continue to socialize i also used facebook to keep in touch with friends and family who dont live in the same state as me and most of who didnt have any other ways of contacting me

just as this forum has helped me connect with people who share my love for tech building and pc building facebook helped me communicate since i have agoraphobia

@Spotty thank you for those words i will use the time to reflect also i have no idea how long im banned for the message i got when i tried to log into facebook only told me my account was disabled for a community standards violation it didnt say it the disablement was temporary or permanent nor did it say how long i had to wait

15 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

@Spotty thank you for those words i will use the time to reflect also i have no idea how long im banned for the message i got when i tried to log into facebook only told me my account was disabled for a community standards violation it didnt say it the disablement was temporary or permanent nor did it say how long i had to wait

Hmm, strange. I thought that if Facebook gave you a suspension they told you how long you were banned for. I've seen others suspended from Facebook complain about how long they were banned for, so they must have been told how long it was for... Maybe they've just disabled your account permanently?

If you're just going to use your mothers account to add your friends then you may as well just make a new account. If Facebook cares then you're just as likely to get banned on a new account as you are on your mother's account, no point using your mother's account. I wouldn't get too comfortable in the account though. Use it to message your friends providing them with another way for them to contact you (Discord, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, snapchat, etc).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

24 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Hmm, strange. I thought that if Facebook gave you a suspension they told you how long you were banned for. I've seen others suspended from Facebook complain about how long they were banned for, so they must have been told how long it was for... Maybe they've just disabled your account permanently?

If you're just going to use your mothers account to add your friends then you may as well just make a new account. If Facebook cares then you're just as likely to get banned on a new account as you are on your mother's account, no point using your mother's account. I wouldn't get too comfortable in the account though. Use it to message your friends providing them with another way for them to contact you (Discord, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, snapchat, etc).

@Spotty my first bann was a 24 hour ban on posting and commenting after that ban ended i went to my main profile page and saw a warning message in red that was there to tell me i had one strike or something so idk whats going on all i know is i went to bed monday night and woke up tuesday morning to my account being disabled 

28 minutes ago, Spotty said:

just seems odd that after my first 24 hour bann i would have my account disabled for a community standards violation instead of just getting locked out for a while? also seems odd that when i got disabled i was never told how long i was disabled for

46 minutes ago, Spotty said:

My experience with Instagram is that Facebook has a zero tolerance policy. Most of their bans on Instagram are perma usually with a few warnings for Community Standards violations. Facebook will not tell you if a ban is perma, you just have to try logging into your account every once in a while, and you almost always still need to contact them about it. You would receive a warning for a deleted post or comment, and sometimes you would also receive a shadowban. If there is something particularly offensive or violating a different part of their TOS they will usually ban without warning. Facebook moderators have a lot of crap to sift through and they are extremely liberal with their bans. I remember a friend got banned on multiple accounts within a few days for having the word "sex" in his name, despite not violating any Community Standards on his posts.

24 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

just seems odd that after my first 24 hour bann i would have my account disabled for a community standards violation instead of just getting locked out for a while? also seems odd that when i got disabled i was never told how long i was disabled for

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just make a new account and tell everyone you care about what happened. If they judge you too hard they're pricks and have probably done just as bad as whatever you said to get banned. If you ever get your new account back just nuke the old one and keep it as a backup or something. I have very rarely seen Facebook chase people for ban evasion unless you've done something they really dislike, but it rarely happens on personal accounts.

24 minutes ago, Joseph K said:

My experience with Instagram is that Facebook has a zero tolerance policy. Most of their bans on Instagram are perma usually with a few warnings for Community Standards violations. Facebook will not tell you if a ban is perma, you just have to try logging into your account every once in a while, and you almost always still need to contact them about it. You would receive a warning for a deleted post or comment, and sometimes you would also receive a shadowban. If there is something particularly offensive or violating a different part of their TOS they will usually ban without warning. Facebook moderators have a lot of crap to sift through and they are extremely liberal with their bans. I remember a friend got banned on multiple accounts within a few days for having the word "sex" in his name, despite not violating any Community Standards on his posts.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just make a new account and tell everyone you care about what happened. If they judge you too hard they're pricks and have probably done just as bad as whatever you said to get banned. If you ever get your new account back just nuke the old one and keep it as a backup or something. I have very rarely seen Facebook chase people for ban evasion unless you've done something they really dislike, but it rarely happens on personal accounts.

@Joseph K already tried that i made a new account using a different web browser i used a new email address and a new number and i also uploaded a very old picture of me since facebook wanted a selfie of me and not even an hour after making said new account i got banned so idk how im gonna make a new account lol but if you have any options feel free to mention them

9 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

@Joseph K already tried that i made a new account using a different web browser i used a new email address and a new number and i also uploaded a very old picture of me since facebook wanted a selfie of me and not even an hour after making said new account i got banned so idk how im gonna make a new account lol but if you have any options feel free to mention them

Do you mind me asking what you got banned for?

12 minutes ago, Joseph K said:

Do you mind me asking what you got banned for?

@Joseph K not sure the message i got when i tried to log in was that my account was disabled do to a community standards violation they didnt say what i violated or nothing didnt even tell me if it was a perma ban or a temp ban

1 hour ago, dreamcast4599 said:

@Joseph K not sure the message i got when i tried to log in was that my account was disabled do to a community standards violation they didnt say what i violated or nothing didnt even tell me if it was a perma ban or a temp ban

If you're that dedicated to using Facebook, just make an another account, but use a different name (i.e. First + Middle), and don't post a photo of you as your profile or cover photo.

This is recommended behavior in general.

EDIT: I'd keep uploaded content on it to a minimum, and just use it as a temporary placeholder until you hear back about your main account.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

7 minutes ago, Statik said:

If you're that dedicated to using Facebook, just make an another account, but use a different name (i.e. First + Middle), and don't post a photo of you as your profile or cover photo.

This is recommended behavior in general.

EDIT: I'd keep uploaded content on it to a minimum, and just use it as a temporary placeholder until you hear back about your main account.

@Statik tried that used a different name different email address even uploaded a photo that wasnt of me a phot of an intel cpu box and facebook still asked for a photo of me so idk what to do no matter how many new accounts i make facebook always seems to want a photo of me

7 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

@Statik tried that used a different name different email address even uploaded a photo that wasnt of me a phot of an intel cpu box and facebook still asked for a photo of me so idk what to do no matter how many new accounts i make facebook always seems to want a photo of me

If you want my opinion, that's a big enough red flag to scrap facebook as is. That's creepy as hell, and I'm sure there's plenty of other ways to connect with people.

If you're still that dedicated, just use a stock/random photo of someone online, then once you get on your account, change it.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Be better off using other platforms like Discord vs something depressing like Facebook.

2 hours ago, Statik said:

That's creepy as hell, and I'm sure there's plenty of other ways to connect with people.

The photo recognition is insane. It can identify whether or not there's real humans in the photo, how many there are, what their position is (sitting, standing), what they're wearing (glasses, hats), whether they're inside or outside and whether they are smiling or not.

The attributes can be viewed in the code view thingy on your browser: https://www.hongkiat.com/blog/facebook-image-recognition/

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

23 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

The photo recognition is insane. It can identify whether or not there's real humans in the photo, how many there are, what their position is (sitting, standing), what they're wearing (glasses, hats), whether they're inside or outside and whether they are smiling or not.

The attributes can be viewed in the code view thingy on your browser: https://www.hongkiat.com/blog/facebook-image-recognition/

And this is why Facebook should cease to exist. They're basically a criminal enterprise imo.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro