Second Gpu Behind the Motherboard

JESUS IS LORD

I have both of my gpu's vertically mounted and water cooled right now and its a little snug .. I have a pc-011 Dynamic from Lian Li which has enough space in the back to mount a gpu.

I have found a site that sells long sli cables ... and I can buy a long PCI 16x Gen 3 Riser long enough... 

Will there be any issues with bandwidth ? Speed Loss ? 

Planning on hardline water cooling it and i have two exact cards, but the Gpu water blocks are not the same and one is higher than the other.

My barrow block has MUCHO RGB!!! so i wanna show that one off but hide the other that has no RGB 

How long are these SLI cables? To put one GPU in front of a motherboard and another one behind it you'd be looking at something like 30 cm of SLI bridge, although I suppose it depends on how exactly you plan to mount it. Interconnects like SLI aren't made to do that, and if any issues come up it's likely going to be complete and total failure, either no SLI at all or intermittent failure with lots of crashing and locking up, not performance loss. I would suspect it will work, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

2 hours ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

I have both of my gpu's vertically mounted and water cooled right now and its a little snug .. I have a pc-011 Dynamic from Lian Li which has enough space in the back to mount a gpu.

I have found a site that sells long sli cables ... and I can buy a long PCI 16x Gen 3 Riser long enough... 

Will there be any issues with bandwidth ? Speed Loss ? 

Planning on hardline water cooling it and i have two exact cards, but the Gpu water blocks are not the same and one is higher than the other.

My barrow block has MUCHO RGB!!! so i wanna show that one off but hide the other that has no RGB 

should work. also the 011 dose have a vertical gpu mount that could hide one gpu also. but the question is what looks better another gpu or a pcie cable? i get that you dont have matching pare.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

i currently have both of them vertically mounted in sli and water cooled .. This is purely a cosmetic thing ... I could make the first one look better .... but the sli cable i would need would be 12 to 16" which cost 30$ per ... so $60 plus a 15" pci riser cable .. about $100 for something that is pure aesthetics... but i want the hardline build to look as good as possible...  

8 hours ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

i currently have both of them vertically mounted in sli and water cooled .. This is purely a cosmetic thing ... I could make the first one look better .... but the sli cable i would need would be 12 to 16" which cost 30$ per ... so $60 plus a 15" pci riser cable .. about $100 for something that is pure aesthetics... but i want the hardline build to look as good as possible...  

ya i hear ya i spent $120 (excluding the rgb controller) just to have rgb power switch was it worth it ill let you decide...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links