Which Stress Testing Software

What software do you use to stress test your systems? 

I've run the timespy benchmark to quickly check CPU temps and they never got above 66C, the GPU average temp was 61C. It's not a long test so I ran the timespy stress test and CPU temps never got over 43C with GPU average 77C.

Should I be using something else/better for stressing the system?

prime95 (powervirus CPU test), cinebench (high load CPU), furmark(powervirus GPU), games I actually play (normal GPU load)

Edited by Saksham

Prime95, Unigine Heaven, Linpack, Memtest - for stability testing

3DMark, Cinebench, Aida64 - for performance testing

Could've missed some, this is just off the top of my head

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

7 minutes ago, Saksham said:

prime95 (powervirus CPU test), cinebench (high load CPU), furmark(powervirus GPU), games I actually play (normal GPU load)

6 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Prime95, Unigine Heaven, Linpack, Memtest - for stability testing

3DMark, Cinebench, Aida64 - for performance testing

Thanks for the quick replies 👍

I must have had a brain fart as I've heard of most of these but never thought about them. I actually have cinebench right there on my desktop *slaps forehead* 

I'll download the others and hope all goes well.

19 minutes ago, Alltheshots said:

What software do you use to stress test your systems? 

I've run the timespy benchmark to quickly check CPU temps and they never got above 66C, the GPU average temp was 61C. It's not a long test so I ran the timespy stress test and CPU temps never got over 43C with GPU average 77C.

Should I be using something else/better for stressing the system?

OCCT 6.10 - it has built in CPU, GPU, Cache and VRAM testing with auto error checking

stress

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Karhu stress test if you manually overclock your RAM - paid but worth it. 

40 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

OCCT 6.10 - it has built in CPU, GPU, Cache and VRAM testing with auto error checking

How long would be considered a good amount of time to run OCCT?

21 minutes ago, gloop said:

Karhu stress test if you manually overclock your RAM - paid but worth it. 

Thanks, I'll keep this one in mind for when I start to dabble in overclocking. At the moment though I just want to be sure I've built a solid base.

18 minutes ago, Alltheshots said:

How long would be considered a good amount of time to run OCCT?

Depends on what you're testing

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

Depends on what you're testing

I just ran the occt test for cpu for 45mins. Told me I had 146 errors but my temp seemed to stick around 70C. 

I'll go and read up on the program and try to figure out what I should be doing. Thanks 👍

For actual stress testing each parts to diagnose them right after assembly 

Prime95 small FFT for the CPU.

Prime95 Blend for quick and dirty RAM test. (Could just run Blend instead of Small FFT, but that wouldn't tell me if it's the RAM or the CPU/Overclock that's bad)

Memtest, if any issues prop up during Prime95's blend test

GPUtest for the GPU. (It's basically a standalone furmark)

I also use OCCT, but it's not my first go to, even though it technically replace all of the above.

As for benchmarking/stress, I use Unigine, 3DMark, Cinebench, play an actual game. etc.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Alltheshots said:

I just ran the occt test for cpu for 45mins. Told me I had 146 errors but my temp seemed to stick around 70C. 

I'll go and read up on the program and try to figure out what I should be doing. Thanks 👍

Unstable overclock then. Any errors in OCCT means the OC is not 100% stable and may crash at any poin in time.

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

Unstable overclock then. Any errors in OCCT means the OC is not 100% stable and may crash at any poin in time.

I've not overclocked anything yet 

i use 3 .. Cinebench is a good quick indicator if your checking overclocking stability ... if you can run 3 back to back runs its probably good enough ... then i will run Aida 64 for 30 min or so once Cinebench has passed ... and then for GPU 3d Mark is where its at !!! Using Msi Afterburner to dial in your overclock

6 hours ago, JESUS IS LORD said:

i use 3 .. Cinebench is a good quick indicator if your checking overclocking stability ... if you can run 3 back to back runs its probably good enough ... then i will run Aida 64 for 30 min or so once Cinebench has passed ... and then for GPU 3d Mark is where its at !!! Using Msi Afterburner to dial in your overclock

Cinebench is not a good stability test. It's not even that heavy. Otherwise I would consider 4.45ghz on my 3600 "stable" even though Prime95 small ffts would say otherwise.