*SOLVED*My DAC can't recognize my new(and first) headphones?(Updated with pics)

BeyondSmash

I plug my just arrived Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms headphones into the jack of my DAC (Fiio e10) with the headphone thing above the jack. I am new to the headphone thing so can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really would like to hear through these headphones with the DAC.

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI Z97 G55 SLI | RAM: Crucial Low Profile Dual Channel 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: XFX 6950 2GB (Crossfire) | Case: Rosewill Blackhawk | HDD 1, 2 & Ext. HDD: WD 1TB, Seagate 1TB, 2TB Seagate External | PSU: EVGA 850W 80+Gold | Fans: One Blue LED Rosewill 140 mm fan, Two Blue LED Rosewill 120 mm fans, One Cooler Master 120mm Green LED Case Fan with Rosewill Fan Filter | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler | Keyboard: Corsair RGB K70 MX Browns | Mouse: Corsair RGB M65 [black] | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Display: HP x20 LED | Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms | DAC:  Fiio E10 | Microphone: Blue Snowball (iCE) | Speakers: Logitech z313

Try the line out in the back and see if it does anything. Does it work with other headsets and do the 990's work with other sources?

Error: 410

Try the line out in the back and see if it does anything. Does it work with other headsets and do the 990's work with other sources?

I only have that headset and I just confirmed it works on my PC's front USB panel where the headset jack is located. Although, it of course was very quiet because it doesn't have an AMP which is why I have that DAC and AMP. Anyway, when I plug in the headphones into the back coaxial port of the DAC it looks to me that it sticks have way in. That or I just don't want to push it in more to potentially break it. I'll show a picture of what it looks like when I plug it in the back DAC port.

Pic:

http://i.imgur.com/p9xzXX9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BqeYcRb.jpg

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI Z97 G55 SLI | RAM: Crucial Low Profile Dual Channel 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: XFX 6950 2GB (Crossfire) | Case: Rosewill Blackhawk | HDD 1, 2 & Ext. HDD: WD 1TB, Seagate 1TB, 2TB Seagate External | PSU: EVGA 850W 80+Gold | Fans: One Blue LED Rosewill 140 mm fan, Two Blue LED Rosewill 120 mm fans, One Cooler Master 120mm Green LED Case Fan with Rosewill Fan Filter | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler | Keyboard: Corsair RGB K70 MX Browns | Mouse: Corsair RGB M65 [black] | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Display: HP x20 LED | Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms | DAC:  Fiio E10 | Microphone: Blue Snowball (iCE) | Speakers: Logitech z313

I only have that headset and I just confirmed it works on my PC's front USB panel where the headset jack is located. Although, it of course was very quiet because it doesn't have an AMP which is why I have that DAC and AMP. Anyway, when I plug in the headphones into the back coaxial port of the DAC it looks to me that it sticks have way in. That or I just don't want to push it in more to potentially break it. I'll show a picture of what it looks like when I plug it in the back DAC port.

Pic:

http://i.imgur.com/p9xzXX9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BqeYcRb.jpg

Don't plug the headphones in there!!  That is for RCA type connectors.   The line out is where you have plug that green connector, I am guessing that goes to your speakers right now?.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Don't put the headphones in there!!  That is for RCA type connectors.

Yeah, I thought so. Well how can I get to hearing my headphones through my DAC :x

EDIT: I fixed it...I just had to replace where my speaker output was in my DAC with my headphone output jack. Thanks for the help anyway guys :)

I now wonder what the jack with the headset icon above it is for...

Yeah, I thought so. Well how can I get to hearing my headphones through my DAC :x

Can you unplug the speakers and plug the headphones to see if you can hear anything?  the volume will be low but you should get some sound, is just for testing.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

I edited the post.

EDIT: I fixed it...I just had to replace where my speaker output was in my DAC with my headphone output jack. Thanks for the help anyway guys :)

Perhaps the E10 can only 'choose' 1 output, either the line out or the headphone out (can't be both)? I'm fishing in the dark though, I've never used E10 before....

Mmm, well anyway, the headset icon jack works for the speakers, too, so I can use both.

Perhaps the E10 can only 'choose' 1 output, either the line out or the headphone out (can't be both)? I'm fishing in the dark though, I've never used E10 before....

Nope, both 3.5mm jacks have a signal at the same time. The front port is volume controlled.