Russia invades Crimeea

Nineshadow

am i the only one that is excited for a war i mean i have never experienced a war and i dont know what the hell im talking about it but still im realy excited for a war 

You are european.

Europe relies upon trade with Russia. If trade with Russia stopped, then Europe would be purshed back into recession, and Russia would have a financial meltdown.

You should be terrified about the thought of a war involving Russia. It would most likely be faught on European land.

Sooo sicne there's gona be a WW3 soon....who do you think will win? Russia or Murica?

My bet's on MUUUUURICA FUCK YEEEAAA COOOOMING AGAIN TO SAVE THE MUTHAFUCKIN DAY!

If China backed Russia, then without a doubt Russia and China would destroy the United States.

Because you sound just like some highly censored mainstream media in some highly non democratic country.

explain?

explain?

There is nothing to explain. Because most of your posts use facts in the same way as some highly censored mainstream media in some highly non democratic country.

Having a neutral point of view =/= relying on biased mainstream media.

Besides, Russia has been testing intercontinental missiles for quite some time now. The only thing that's suspicious here is the timing.  

Also, Fox News. Dear god why.

I'm not refering only to this post. If you have time to waste find some more.

Nothing special in timing -  missile test is just warning and showing off.

My bet's on MUUUUURICA FUCK YEEEAAA COOOOMING AGAIN TO SAVE THE MUTHAFUCKIN DAY!

China!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Obama, for the love of your fucking Country, let this happen. Then the United Nations handle whatever dumb decision that Russia makes. 

I seriously fear for a war between America and Russia because Obama is going to push too far

Obama, for the love of your fucking Country, let this happen. Then the United Nations handle whatever dumb decision that Russia makes. 

I seriously fear for a war between America and Russia because Obama is going to push too far

Every time a leftist/liberal president has been elected there has been a new war.

There is no reason for any other country to get involved. Russia is protecting a base in Crimea. There is nothing wrong with that.

Do you have tornados or earthquakes there? Anyway sounds good.

We had a huge earthquake in the south island a couple of years ago, took a few lives and ruined many others, but other than that, nup :)

#!

Every time a leftist/liberal president has been elected there has been a new war.

There is no reason for any other country to get involved. Russia is protecting a base in Crimea. There is nothing wrong with that.

And Russia can do whatever they want in my opinion. It's not up to Obama to be the police, that's the United Nations job. 

Obama needs to just let this happen.

I saw some US planes at an air base nearby these days.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I saw some US planes at an air base nearby these days.

I saw a shit ton of fueling airplanes at Travis Airbase in California a few weeks ago :P

Suicide bombers?

I saw a shit ton of fueling airplanes at Travis Airbase in California a few weeks ago :P

Suicide bombers?

They might be here just in case something happens.I live like 200km away from the "conflict" zone. 

They might be here just in case something happens.I live like 200km away from the "conflict" zone. 

It's an air force base, of course there will be planes there. All that I saw where C-17s and something else that looked similar. This is what I saw:

7j3eZ.jpg

Or they are just testing weapons they have spent lots of money developing? Russia is doing nothing wrong, and you should perhaps stop believing everythign you read in the mainstream media.

It is not about the action itself. It is far more about the timing of it. With the level of tension in the region right now (regardless of whether or not you feel its justified) now is a very very bad time to start launching ICBM's into the air. It was a power play. It had nothing to do with testing the equipment. This much I assure you.

Please point to where I regurgitated a thing... I sited a source as everyone should when talking about new information. If you have issue with the source that was sited that is fine, but if you bothered to read the article I liked you will notice that there is not much meat there, nothing but the simple facts. Russia launched an missile in accordance with its testing, the missile landed in Kazakhstan. If more has been added after I linked the article that is the business of Fox News.

I am very interested to hear your explanation for the Russian demands that the Ukrainian forces lay down their arms and abandon their bases in the region. 

Allow me to explain this to you in the best way I know how. If a foreign army enters another country and demand that the local military surrender, that is most certainly an act of aggression. Not in any way shape or form an act of defending itself, or its assets.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The United States are stupid. That's all I can say. Russia might be doing something stupid also (imo), but godammit...international laws? Really? There is no such thing as United Nations. They are basically the United States with a not so clever disguise, let's face it. If there's ANYONE I wouldn't like to be involved, these are the US and UN. They are basically the same thing, the ones who seek control and domination. Hypocrites, they can invade any country in the world and "hey, it's for a good cause, we are protecting the world!", and then something that involves Russia happens and they complain about it? Jesus, if only Ukraine didn't ask for help...their last president started all this, basically, and now the people are paying the price for all of this (how would you feel with the presence of another country's army watching you?), and all the world might be involved in this situation sooner or later.

What scares me the most is, if this thing really goes out of control, we might have another war, all because of the selfishness of the US and Russia. Why can't we all solve our problems through diplomacy? Why?

And living in a country rich of natural resources (Brazil), doesn't make me feel safe about the future. For fuck sake, pray so that there isn't any nuclear weapons.

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

The United States are stupid. That's all I can say. Russia might be doing something stupid also (imo), but godammit...international laws? Really? There is no such thing as United Nations. They are basically the United States with a not so clever disguise, let's face it. If there's ANYONE I wouldn't like to be involved, these are the US and UN. They are basically the same thing, the ones who seek control and domination. Hypocrites, they can invade any country in the world and "hey, it's for a good cause, we are protecting the world!", and then something that involves Russia happens and they complain about it? Jesus, if only Ukraine didn't ask for help...their last president started all this, basically, and now the people are paying the price for all of this (how would you feel with the presence of another country's army watching you?), and all the world might be involved in this situation sooner or later.

What scares me the most is, if this thing really goes out of control, we might have another war, all because of the selfishness of the US and Russia. Why can't we all solve our problems through diplomacy? Why?

And living in a country rich of natural resources (Brazil), doesn't make me feel safe about the future. For fuck sake, pray so that there isn't any nuclear weapons.

I agree with this.

If russia tries to switch from the USD reserve for its oil, gas and other resources then the US WILL invade. Just like with Lybia, and Iraq.

@all:

This has been a pretty civil discussion for the most part.

Considering the context, let's keep it that way please and

not derail the thread with personal grievances members might

have with each other.

Thx. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

UN? Or you mean NATO? UN in this situation is toothless because Russia is member.

Of course US is hypocritical. But living in post soviet country basically  means you need be a part of EU and NATO so things like in Ukraine now can't happen. And even the - here you go fish embargo, oh now we could embargo milk, ok let's give these guys some cheap gas because they are loyal, oh, these are looking at west, lets sell gas for twice as much and for start won't give them gas at all. And that's the answer for your:

Why can't we all solve our problems through diplomacy? Why?

All I can say if US would't play role of worlds police then we would live it quite different world. More like how Molotov–Ribbentrop pact intended. Even EU in relations to Russia is toothless because some large members think only about their addiction to Russia's resources.

Russia has put troops on foreign soil in and in an act of aggression told a government and it's military forces to surrender.

If you don't see what is wrong with that, you are blind to all reason.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

The US is a member of a protection pact to the Ukraine for the disarmament of nuclear weapons. The government of Ukraine has asked for help. The US should intervene because if we don't there is no incentive for other countries to do the same.

As for "The United States are stupid".

Edit- Just think bad things about yourself.

I'm all for world peace, if or when it comes. But, I'm not a total dumbass to think it's gonna happen soon.

Edited by Mentalguy
language

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Russia might still be the scary Sovjet bear people imagined it to be during the Cold War, but it is far from a communistic regime trying to take over Europe.

It's not that far. Since Putin is president Russia is becoming more and more similar to Soviet Union. There is o democracy there.

Putin himself claimed the forces occupying Crimea are not government related forces, rather self-defence forces / local militia. As of now I would refrain form calling them "Russian" forces as they still remain unidentified. Their occupation was initiated before Putin got the OK from the Russian parliament to send forces in to Ukraine to stabilise the situation.

There are numerous pictures with Russian plates on those forces. Self-defence forces / local militia that good armed, blocking all communications, spreading huge propaganda, hacking mobile towers, well organized, started invasion just after Olympics and there's more. For logically thinking person there should be no doubt.

All I'm asking of people is don't have biased views and take a neutral point of view, whether you're American or Russian.

Taking neutral point is what started WWII.

Taking neutral point is what started WWII.

What started WWII was a very long and complex list of reasons going back

hundreds of years. But yes, the policy of appeasement towards Hitler before

the war was an utter failure. Then again, hindsight is always 20/20.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

What started WWII was a very long and complex list of reasons going back

hundreds of years. But yes, the policy of appeasement towards Hitler before

the war was an utter failure. Then again, hindsight is always 20/20.

And then there is all what Soviet Union did just after WWII. Pretty much Soviet Union was as bad as Nazies with one difference - they were on winning side so everything was forgiven. Damn, Nazies even went to Soviet Union to learn how to build concentration camps.