Pc shocks me when i touch the case

Belha

Every time i touch the case i got a shock 

I checked all the cables none of them is touching the case 

Im confused because even when i had my pc plugged to my monitor only (via hdmi) it keeps given me shocks 

Plz help any idea  how i can fix this or what is the reason (sry if i have some mistakes english is not my native language) 

Just now, Belha said:

Every time i touch the case i got a shock. I checked all the cables none of them is touching the case. Im confused because even when i had my pc plugged to my monitor only (via hdmi) it keeps given me shocks 

Do you know if the electrical outlets in your house are grounded or not?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

10 minutes ago, minibois said:

Do you know if the electrical outlets in your house are grounded or not?

Wouldn't that cause a serious shock?  Not an electrician btw so geniune question.

My first question would be, what type of shock are you receiving?  Are we talking static shock here or something that throws you to the floor where you writhe in agony before dragging yourself back up to come post on the forum?

Where are we in this range?

Also, what type of flooring/carpet/rygs do you have?

What type of PSU do you have?

What case do you have?

Do you get shocks of anything in your house?

Then try walking around for a bit and touching a radiator (assuming you have one) and see if you get a shock, if not, try doing the same and touching a tap they are usually grounded (at least in the UK).

Hi, 

it might sound like nonsense, but once I had the same issue, I decided to move away anything that would produce static discharges.

I moved away the PC from the curtains (and sunlight), and changed the synthetic monitor dust cover for a 100% cotton made.  

after that the problem went away but anyways I now turn off the UPS when not using my PC. Since as minibois stated, It might be the electrical outlet with a faulty ground conection.

If this happens even with your pc unplugged from power either you are just discharging static from normal life, or your psu is zapping you through the case which seems really unlikely to me. If you touch it and get zapped and then touch it again does it zap you again? also like how hard is it shocking you

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

31 minutes ago, Belha said:

Every time i touch the case i got a shock 

I checked all the cables none of them is touching the case 

Im confused because even when i had my pc plugged to my monitor only (via hdmi) it keeps given me shocks 

Plz help any idea  how i can fix this or what is the reason (sry if i have some mistakes english is not my native language) 

Probably nylon/synthetic carpets &/or very dry climate...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

14 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

Wouldn't that cause a serious shock?  Not an electrician btw so geniune question.

I'm not an electrically knowledgeable person, so not sure.

But I feel like the PSU must have protections, thus only 12v and 5v signals go to ground maybe? Or it's one of those situations with high voltage low amp, thus no hurt.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

I'm not an electrically knowledgeable person, so not sure.

But I feel like the PSU must have protections, thus only 12v and 5v signals go to ground maybe? Or it's one of those situations with high voltage low amp, thus no hurt.

I think PSUs definitely have protections, but I would have thought they were one connected to the ground plug, and two kicked when there was an 'excessive' load, bit like those switches in your electrical cupboard that blow...oh yeah, they are called fuses lol my brain was about a minute behind my hands there sorry.