Blackberry Z10 Unboxing ** Need Your Feedback **

LinusTech

Also, next time could you do a Note 2 size comparison as well?

EDIT: Call it "SlickSwitched"

I need more SSDs.

Thumbnail... Liked this one but not picky

Macros - very nice if u feel something needs highlighting. Stills could be edited in....

Love a good long video - but for unboxings, maybe only special stuff u pick up on there and then.

In general i like the video to be as up-close and personal as allowed by the product. 

Fractal Design Define R5 White/Window / Intel 4790K / EVGA Z97 FTW / EVGA G2 750W / Sapphire R9 390 Nitro  / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB / Corsair Force Series GT 240GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB - HGST Ultrastar  4TB / 32GB Kingston HyperX Savage 2600Mhz DDR3 / Cryorig H7 Lumi Edt. /

Personally, I really liked the macro footage.

When I watch youtube videos like unboxing, walkthroughs - especially videos where you listen to the person, the most importan thing (at least to me) is your way of talking. So I think you should keep more energetic approach :)

Because when I watch other unboxings, in A LOT of them the unboxer doesn't know what he is talking about, he is just giving the data that he read, which isn't always good for non-tech viewers. And if they talk slowly with pauses, unclear... This is all making viewer bored.

So I think your videos are great because you always explain things in energetic way, giving the information viewers need, making information out of data! and I think you should keep it that way. :)

1. Didn't notice and don't care about the thumbnail at all.

2. Liked the macros, but no need, if its too much work.

3. I like the classic 'Linus' better, like the ramblings and like the less cut and the personal experiences etc.

Keep up the great work!!! :)

Start to look very pro, 

To improve, make a storyboard if it's not the case for the footage macro etc, 

I personally don't really like to see wiggling zoom in and out, I'm sur you can do it smoother :) 

Style great job :) look forward to see the next ones

As long as your thumbnails are not you making a weird face looking at boobs with a brightly colored background and huge all-caps splash text, everything's fine.

My rig: Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 - Military Green | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V Pro | CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.4GHz | Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC | RAM: Corsair 16GB 1600MHz Vengeance | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar Essence STX | PSU: Corsair AX 750W SSD 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD 2: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB Cooler: Corsair H100 OS: Windows 10 Pro | Fans: Noctua NF-F12 PWM

Peripherals: Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 | Headset: Audio Technica ATH-AD700X | Microphone: Antlion ModMic 4.0 | Mouse mat: Steelseries QcK+ | Monitors: BenQ XL2411T + EIZO Foris FS2331

just a little note, I found the title a bit misleading considering it's just called an "unboxing" :).

1. I don't really care about the thumbnail, I'm more used to random pictures from the videos itself in Linustechtips videos so I didn't immediately realise it was actually a Linustechtips video, but I guess it might attract new viewers if it looks more "professional".

2. I always like the macro footage if it's well done :D.

3. I think this is a bit more drawn out than usual, but since it's sort of a first impressions video I guess it makes sense :).

Looking forward to see how well Slick can present this :lol:.

1. Thumbnail. I think it is a very "pro" and i would click it because of it.

2. Macro footage. I love it, it gives you a closer look at the product and its details.

3. The big one. I understand that "It's competitive out there...." so i am with you on more focused content because that is what audience want to see when they want to buy a product and looking for videos on youtube and they find a video with a pro thumbnail. I understand that youtube is not a part time thing anymore for you its your job.

Good Luck with your new style.

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

As I said on YouTube quoting someone else whose name I can't find right now,

"Many of the other youtubers out there sound very monotone and scripted sitting there like little robots."

This. We like how you do things Linus, don't change anything. Just keep chewing on mice and firing Slick.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

1) The thumbnail looks kinda generic IMO, I prefer the deathadder one with you biting a mouse, however, this kind of thumbnail will not keep me from watching or enjoying your vids and may be more attractive to a wider audience that isn't familiar with you yet.

2) Macros were good, and on a device like this, which people will probably watch that also aren't that tech-wise, the highlighting of which port is which is a good idea. I don't think it's needed on most other devices. I do like the rolling macro zoom and that teksyndicate uses on a lot of their videos but since most people in your comments are complaining about the zoom shift, maybe they wouldn't enjoy that.

3) Please keep it, it's part of the reason I watch your videos. You give your opinion and a bit of insight instead of some carefully crafted and worded reviewer that makes it seem so cold and generic. Your funny and quirky style is what attracts most of your fans, please keep it. It's what makes your reviews feel more geniune and human.

1) Thumbnail - To be honest, i'd rather see you on the thumbnail :P It lets me scroll around on youtube and go 'Oh it's a new linus vid!'. This thumbnail is a little too generic and i actually skipped it, only found it on the forums.

2) Great! Focus on important details on products are always good

3) CLASSIC LINUS.

Clicked on the video because I was keen on hearing your opinion about the device.

I would have liked the thumbnail to look a bit better. The rambling was not that big of an issue since it is always good hearing your pov, however towards the end the rambling did get annoying. I found the macro footage to be enjoyable (Plus there was no noticeable camera shake).

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

A typical poll would've been better to keep things organized.

1. Thumbnail: I didn't like it. Thumbnails should be a frame of the video, not something different. The GS4 in it was misleading.

2. Macro footage: Didn't like it.

3. Long, drawn-out, rambling style of the A-roll footage: I think most people, including myself, would prefer the classic style.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X, RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 3600MHz, MOBO: ASRock X570M, GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2070 SUPER (Corsair H100x cooling), SSD 1: Corsair Force MP510 240GB, SSD 2: Patriot VPN100 1TB, OS: Windows 10 Professional x64, CASE: Open air test bench

I usually click your videos because I see a sympathic guy rocking socks and sandals wearing the same trousers everyday and popping an awesome facial expression AND I LOVE IT ! :D

Really think going a more pro way in terms of cameras editing etc. Is awesome but I don't want YOU to become totally stale and boring becoming a "pro" reviewer.

It's the linus bro aspect about you with classics like the iphone or linus leg and armspan comparison doing that's what she said jokes what made your Videos soo good and entertaining even for people who are new to tech ( Slick's mom f.e. :D )

Intel Q6600@3.2Ghz | HD6870 | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
BF3 medium settings | no vSync | 1080p | 50-70fps (:

1) When you search "blackberry z10" (or whatever phone) and are scrolling through all the videos, the thumbnail is important, so I really like the more "pro" thumbnail.

2) Macro shots were awesome, definitely keep doing this.

3) I like the classic Linus, myself, but some viewers who have never heard of LTT might not.

1. Thumbnail. Normally I just pick one based on the YouTube default options. Did you click because of the more "pro" thumbnail?

The thumbnail, IMO, should show the product you are going to talk about in the video. If you can pick a nice one from YouTube, I don't see why that's a problem. Actually, it's more natural, which for me is a good thing.

In this video particularly, I don't like the fact that it's about the Z10 but thumbnail shows a lot of phones all together.

2. Macro footage. Did you like it? Hate it? Neutral about it?

Very nice. Shows little details of the product.

But don't forget to show your experience with the product. For e.g., when you were removing the back cover, we didn't get to see the "natural experience" of it (at least not at that moment).

3. Long, drawn-out, rambling style of the A-roll footage. Should I keep this (classic Linus) or switch to tighter cuts with a more focus?

Definitely keep classic Linus. It's more natural and shows that you are confident of your opinion. We know it's not a pre-written script. Plus, we get to see your first reaction on things, which shows a very important part of your opinion (which is one of big the reasons people watch your videos).

By the way, Focus could be worked a little bit more.

While I don't particularly mind the thumbnails, I think it might appeal to a broader audience. The macros were awesome, loved to see it done and, for the rambling... I mean, it's what makes it awesome. Doesen't feel scripted, doesen't feel like someone just handed you what you were supposed to say and that's one of the main reasons I follow the channel.

Keep up the awesome work.

1. If I do a search for Blackberry Z10 on YouTube, 17 out of the 20 results on the first page have a picture of the phone for a thumbnail.  Yours doesn't stand out to me.  Keep doing your usual thumbnails; it lets people know this is a Linus video.  Kinda enforces your YouTube identity in a way.  Thumbnails like the one on your Death Adder unboxing make people go lolwut and click.

2. The macro stuff is okay.  But honestly it doesn't add anything to the video.  If I want to see closeups I'll go look at some high-quality photos.

3. Stick with the rambling Linus style.  You don't need to try to be more product-focused like all the other reviewers out there.  95% of the time I watch the unboxings for Linus, not for the products; I mean I'm not buying a phone or motherboard or case or mouse or whatever else anytime soon.

Linus, don't try to be more "pro."  That's what TechQuickie is for.  You've built up this huge audience because of your casual, freeform video style and big personality.  Don't try to diminish either.  ;)

A more "pro" style may suit someone who's researching a specific product and wants all the info he/she can get.  But it's your style of video that gets people to subscribe and keep watching (and you're plenty informative anyway).

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

1. "Pro style" thumbnail could appeal the random Youtuber in my opinion. Those who subscribed to you will click on the video depending on the content.

2. I liked the macro footage.

3. Classic Linus 

1) The Thumbnail should show you and the product and not some other Products (no other phones on a phone unboxing or no GTX 680 on a 7970 Video).

2) Macro footage should only be done when its necessary (the box wasnt in my opinion)

3) Classic Linus all the way!

Dear Linus,

I believe that the thumbnail is friendly to an unknowing youtuber, because of the professionalism and that reassures them it will be worth their time getting your opinion

Again, macros are great to reinforce the authority of your opinion, not just someone with a cheap camera and the product

But, the rambling  style can Easily scare someone off. Sure, long time listeners like myself don't mind it and love it, but to a new person, this maybe a dealbreaker. The more pro look could maybe go on techquickie? xD anyhow I love your channel, you are my idol of the interwebs,

Openfire070