Blackberry Z10 Unboxing ** Need Your Feedback **

LinusTech

1- Funny thumbnail is preferred.

2- honestly I don't really care but I'm neutral.

3- CLASSIC LINUS. What keeps me watching your videos is the casual style, it's more like you talking to me in person about the product than having a salesperson reading out loud a script

1. No, I clicked because I was interested.

2. I liked macros alot.

3. Classic Linus!

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

macro footage was a good addition, just don't start overusing it! there's a fine line! i prefer the older style thumbnail tbh, and the rambling is why everyone watches you!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

This style works better for something like a phone or another mobile product, but Pc components needs old school Linus

linus,

1//

the thumbnail means nothing to me and the one used looks too corporate, to me this removes the homely feel that im used too with you. a good example to this is logan (TEKSyndicate) i hated his tiger direct tv corporate video unboxing's they just seem too you know (hold hands in air and scrunch's face) . . . Corporate.

2//

Macro's are good but i dont there needed the content is quality as is.

also it depends on how long it takes you to make them, id rather see 3 video's of you without them than one with them.

3//

Your Ramblings are the reason i watch you, this is what makes you human i dont want to see robot style video's of heres the product here you go.

your ramblings are what set you apart from the rest.

Anybody can do an unboxing,

no one but you can do a linus quality unboxing.

1. Thumbnail, I'll be honest, I didn't notice that until you mentioned it.

2. Macro footage, I like it, especially for smaller products like phones.

3. Long, drawn-out, rambling style of the A-roll footage. - This is why I watch your vids.

Rig: CPU: 1x quad core potato(4.6GHz). Cooling: Iced Tea. GPU: AMD HDToaster. Motherboard: Asus "Stale Bread Extreme Edition". RAM: 2x 4GB sticks of 1600MHz celery. PSU: 650w Roborovski Hamster in wheel.  Storage: Many Floppy Disks. 

i like the older thumbnails better, im pretty neutral about macro shots and i like loooooong rambling

I feel like the thumbnail may be a little misleading because it gives a small impression that you would be comparing the phones. Like people who look at the thumb nail and the title may be wondering like "I thought this is a Z10 unboxing, why is there an HTC One and an S4?"

I'm not sure what Macro Footage means, but I like the transitions in the beginning when you were going over the I/O of the phone. Though you could have explained a little bit more about the use of that mysterious middle volume rocker button.

I think its nice to have your style of unboxing because its more like an unboxing plus a first impression type thing along with a good overview/comparison with the other two phones. I would think a regular unboxing would end after you take off the back cover, and a review type thing to start once you start to power on the phone and talk about its features, but with phones the line gets kind of muddy.

anyways, I love hearing your opinions on anything, so I will continue to watch whatever content you create  :D

1. I like the "pro" Thumbnail, but it should be just a picture on the Z10 and the box and so on, not other phones if it's not an comparison or battle against them

2. The macro footage was nice, blurred out the background so the phone was in focus

3. I like your rambling, much better than just talking about plain facts about the product.

Showing some features and your initial impressions with the phone was better than just an unboxing, but it shouldn't be called just an unboxing if you are testing the phone.

A better thumbnail is always better for more views.

Macro footage is great but a bit shaky. Also I think it is annoying when someone is talking and I can't see the person.. just my opinion.

Classical LINUS is the best. I hate it when a video is too pro, it is not enjoyable to watch gets boring after a while..

Also I did not like how close to the camera you where sitting and the zooming in and out is really annoying.

=

I like everything about the video. It looks a lot more professional.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

I prefer the random thumbnail pic, a few glamour shorts & please don't stop rambling :)

I5 2500k 4,2, msi z77 mpower, h100i, asus gtx 660 ti oc, corsair tx850m, seagate barracuda 1tb, ocz agility 3 128gb, corsair c70. BenQ xl2420t, steelseries 7h fnatic edition, rat 7 mmo, steelseries qck and my (shameful) logitech k120.

The Thumbnail should be a picture of you with the product.

The video style was very good. I liked it!

Don't cut the ramblings! Those are the best parts!

1. I like the new thumbnails it looks better than the previous ones.

2. I love the new close ups 

3. Classic Linus

1. I like the random thumbnails better, this looks very artificial and cold
  2. Don't care. They are quite handy for some small features.
  3. This is a must! I've been watching your videos since The Cameraman and when you stopped doing the personal, up close unboxings a while ago, I really missed them. Keep the professional, cold, studied texts and editing style for TechQuickie. LTT should be you rambling on about some non-important feature of some stupid device you got in the mail. I watch a lot of your videos for entertainment purposes and as such, I'm not subscribed to TechQuicke. The last months, I've noticed that the entertainment value of your videos went down significantly and I'm actually starting to lose interest.

Don't forget a lot of your viewers started watching you when you were still so close to the camera you were almost touching it. A lot of us subscribed to you because of the personal and spontaneous approach you give (gave?) to your videos. If I want to see a professionally done but cold unboxing and a list of features, I'll go watch Elric or NeweggTV.

I like it alot. It's a nice way to break up an entire video of looking at your face! JK :)

Anyway, makes it look way more professional. Even though it takes (I assume) way longer to make a video. It's totally worth it I'd say.

That said I wouldn't want an entire video of robotic voice work and glamour footage only, it wouldn't seem as personal (if that even makes sense?)

I like the style of the videos as they were rambling and all. The macros are good because you can get a better detailed depiction of what you were talking about. thumbnails on the other hand I watch videos for the content not the thumbnail.

I love the new style especially the the macro shots :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 770 Direct CU II OC | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX | PSU: Coolermaster G750M | RAM: Patriot Viper 3 16GB 1600MHz | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Storage Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Green 1.5TB | Case: Nzxt Phantom 410 (White, Black Trim) | Lighting: 30cm Blue LED | OS: Windows 10 Pro<p>

Not sure about the phone in its current state.  No ability to set Level 1 alerts (might be added in the latest update), and you cannot disable/remove the personal space for business use.

The only thing that i really noticed was that your monitor was a bit too bright in the background.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Right, first time posting since forum update, so if this message disappears into the etherwebz, I'm putting a price on Slick and Wizards heads :)

Quick sum up at the start for busy peeps to read:

1: Thumbnail;

Proper images for thumbnails a good thing, so long as they accurately reflect the content of the video.

2: Macro Footage;

Cool, if you've got the time to do them properly, otherwise don't bother about it and get >2 hours sleep per night.

3: Overall style;

Stay relaxed and comfortable == classic Linus.

Long version for those with more time than sense:

1: Thumbnail;

Personally, I don't like the thumbnail much, it makes it seem more of a comparison video than an unboxing (which it kind of flirted towards at times). 

Having said that, I usually prefer a dedicated image for the thumbnails over random images picked from the video (it's something that bugs me in XBMC).

2: Macro Footage;

I liked it, however I'm sure it takes a fair bit longer to edit it all in, let alone get the additional shots, so it's up to you guys whether you're going to have the time to up the quality of the videos while still getting through the workloads (Take it from me Slick, the ability to do 20 hour days very quickly disappears in a puff of mood swings :|)

3: Overall style;

I'm generally a fan of the relaxed, chatting to mates on skype video style of videos, which is what draws me to your videos and TTLs in particular and relegates Laurens videos to "am I in the mood for the product"

I'd like to see the relaxed style continue but without what appear to be editing errors. Too often in videos there's the start of a chat left in between Linus and whichever cameraman it is or some other distraction, which looks bad and unprofessional.

I'd really like to see the support crew brought in to the videos more often, especially if the subject matter is more in line with their skill sets (like Slick doing the phone stuff more, although I do understand the initial iSwitched thing and really liked the concept).

One thing I really can't cope with you changing, (having spent much time coding a translator with a mate) is your personality disorder:

"This product is amazing" == 'it's alright, but I wouldn't put in a top 50 list'.

"This is just about the best [insert product type] I've come across so far" == 'I'd recommend, so long as you don't mind the issues I hinted at'.

"This is so Fing awesome, Slick is currently cutting my right kidney out right now so I can buy one" == 'Best in class'. :)

What would be cool (I doubt you have the time), would be if you could do extended versions of your videos that went more into detail/techy. maybe just record the extended version, then cut out the overly techy stuff for the normal videos. It's one of the main issues I have with the channel, it's not techy enough, I have to go elsewhere for the nitty gritty info (Anandtech whenever possible).

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

Right, first time posting since forum update, so if this message disappears into the etherwebz, I'm putting a price on Slick and Wizards heads :)

Welcome back! You'll love it here. Nice, fast and snappy. With the added bonus of not screwing up posts :D

I like the macro footage.

The thumbnail is very unimportant IMO

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES