Blackberry Z10 Unboxing ** Need Your Feedback **

LinusTech

The macro footage was a great breath of fresh air.  The images are in so much more focus than videos would be and video is so unecessary for things like showing the connectivity of a device.  Just plop a picture so we can see the connectivity options for ourselves.

For example, when you unbox Video cards, you usually fit all the connection options in 1-2 seconds of video, where if you weren't paying super close attention, you would have missed it.  But a picture of the connections would help alot.  You can see the DVI ports, the HDMI ports, display ports, etc.

everything is great :D but Thumbnail  is better when it's you holding the product that you are unboxing :D my opinion :D

I like the close shots for a greate view of the product. The thumb nails are always fun to look at when done fun like with the mouse pic xD. Your talking freely and often for a long time about the product is to the core why I love your channel. Classic Linus is the way to go.

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

I like thumbnails like the Razer Deathadder one. They don't have to be taken from the video like Youtube defaults but something with you in the photo or the product and a comical twist to it.

I really liked the Macro footage, thought that was really good and added something to the video. 

Classic Linus rambling is superior to all other forms of unboxing or reviews. Keep it up!

1. Just the old style

2. Nice :-)

3. Some tings were nice but i still prefer the classic linustech

Keep doing this Linus BUT I noticed some camera shake like tiny vibration style shake and that sort of thing really should be removed by diesel in all of the editing he does..

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

1. Idc about the thumbnail , but try to make it Completely white or black , i think it'll be a cool experiment ( It's gonna be like a surprise where the unboxing is gonna be )

2.Macro footage is great if it's needed ( To show an awesome finish or something like that ). If not like on a computer case don't use it...

3.Keep it the original LTT style , that's what i subbed for.

Interested in Business and Technology

Q: Thumbnail. Normally I just pick one based on the YouTube default options. Did you click because of the more "pro" thumbnail?

A: I clicked it because it is a Linus video, but it does look better than the others. I would have flipped over the HTC One to put more focus on the Z10.

Q: Macro footage. Did you like it? Hate it? Neutral about it?

A: I like A-Roll except when trying to show features that are not easily seen with that camera.

Q: Long, drawn-out, rambling style of the A-roll footage. Should I keep this (classic Linus) or switch to tighter cuts with a more focus?

A: I like it because I am used to it, not sure how new people will feel.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

The thumbnail seems more oriented towards someone who doesn't know who you are.

and thats fine. i mean i click it because its in my sub box.

macro footage. its good. but it doesn't bother me which route you take.

as for your ramblings, thats what makes linus tech tips what it is.

i enjoy your videos and will probably watch them for a while to come. unless you drastically change your style to the point where the originality is gone. and you become everyone else. (that said. i probably will still watch.)

keep up the good work. and take this with a grain of salt.

I'm no expert on any of this.

1. dont realy care about the thumbnail, but that is just me. coz some people have awesome thumbnail pic and a awful video. i dont judge books by its cover in this case videos by its thumbnail.

2. liked the macro parts but it just have to be on to of the original video.

3. i like the classic linus style. with some macro and mainstream style mixed in

i like the thumbnail... it looks way more professional, but the video is still our beloved linus tech tips, 

the macros are awsome, just get too mush like tek sydicate 

the rambalings could be shorter but still a great video, i much prefare too older ones.... sorry abuot spelling i typed this real fast and cant be botherd to go back and change it all

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

The thumbnail is good because it gives a good representation of what's in the video and it also looks more professional.

I liked pretty much every aspect of the video. I liked the macro parts of the video overlayed while you were talking about it. For an unboxing, I would suggest using macro overlays while you're talking about a specific part of the device (For example, when talking about the volume rocker, do a macro of the volume rocker). I like the style and hope to see more of it!

1. Loved it, however I prefer the iPhone instead of the GS4.

2. Love it. It clearly depicts its purpose rather than the usual zoom in-focus-zoom out-focus routine, but I will miss the old routine.

3. Keep the "classic Linus". It's LTT's foundation in the first place.

I watch your videos because of the rambling linus talk! Its something different for once. I hate watching regular unboxings they are so boring and too scripted. Improv and first impression is what makes watching your vids great (obviously you research prior but things like opinions and "oh i didnt realise they did this here thats awesome" really helps when trying to buy things).

Also the macro was fine, just dont overdo it - this video had a good balance.

And the thumbnail didnt bother. I'll put it to you this was, whenever a thumbnail of your vid has somethimg like you eating a gaming mouse, it gives me a laugh before i watch your vid. That sort of thing like really bad jokes, biting mice, taking stabs at slicks beard/lack of beard/lack of long pants/how bad he is at mario haha! etc puts your personality into the videos and that is enough to set you apart from the competition.

People want different. People want creative. Being the same as the others is so redundant. I mean there are so many videos on the web yours needs to be different to stand out and appeal. The way you format now is great, i link my friends your vids all the time when they are about to buy new tech.

Peace out. Keep it real. Stay in school. ;)

I do like things casual. I really hate Unbox therapy, silly voice over and a very clinical look. So boring and bland.

1. Yes. I would click on videos because of the "pro thumbnail". Clicked on the your Razer Deathadder 2013 mouse unboxing because of your thumbnail :)

2. I like it because it can show all the details clearly instead of just looking at the whole product.

3. I like the classic Linus style type videos because I like the style of you sometimes making jokes and it makes the video more interesting! :)

Hope these suggestions will help you in your future videos! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

1. Thumbnail. Normally I just pick one based on the YouTube default options. Did you click because of the more "pro" thumbnail?

I clicked it because I click all of your videos. I prefer your normal thumbnails personally, but that's because I'm already a devoted subscriber to your channel. I think the more professional thumbnails would attract a wider audience. I know that when I do a search on youtube for say, product information, guides, unboxings etc. if it's not somebody I've heard of, I will tend to draw towards the more professional thumbnails. Thumbnails are a first impression kind of thing, and a quality looking one will draw more people in. It makes it seem like you care and know what you're doing, as opposed to just some guy on YouTube, because there's thousands of them. I really think professional thumbnails are a much smarter way to go, and it makes it seem like this is actually your job and you're serious about what you're doing. First impressions are everything.

2. Macro footage. Did you like it? Hate it? Neutral about it?

Macro footage is nice for the details, and getting quality close-ups of the featured product. I do think it's very easy to go way too overboard with it though. I think the z10 video had a good balance. Enough to show what needs to be shown, but not too much that it's distracting.

3. Long, drawn-out, rambling style of the A-roll footage. Should I keep this (classic Linus) or switch to tighter cuts with a more focus?

The classic Linus is what keeps me subscribed to your channel. It's not the products, it's not the guides, it's the Linus. There's so many people out there unboxing things and doing product showcases. You can get the facts about products everywhere, and there needs to be something to make people want to watch you. The reason I watch you, and watch every one of your videos for that matter, is your opinions towards stuff. If you were just reading off the facts on a box and unboxing it, I'd probably unsubscribe to be honest. Your personal opinion on things is what makes you stand apart from other channels (refraining from naming anybody for politeness) that just do product overviews and just read the back of the box. I don't need somebody to read for me, I want somebody with a vast knowledge base and a huge amount of experience in the technical field to personally tell me the good and the bad. For example: "Personally I prefer if they ship a bigger wall wart and it charges faster" This is classic Linus. I don't want tight cuts with huge amounts of editing, I want to hear what YOU have to say about the product and your view on it. I want to hear about your experience with products and your opinions towards the positive and negative. It feels more personal that way and to that extent MUCH more helpful. That's what really keeps me subscribed to all of your channels. If you just started taking things out of boxes and having absolutely no opinion whatsoever, you would be easy to write off as another guy with a bunch of stuff that really doesn't know what they're doing.

That's just my two cents towards the idea. I really want Linus, not just an unboxing channel. Experience is one of them things that you just cannot replace. You have the experience, share your opinions and vast knowledge, it really opens up the mind to much more than just specs and numbers. Also, more slick  :) and to that extent, anybody on your crew.  It's nice seeing different people's views towards the same thing. It's like asking for help or reading reviews. I know I kind of went on a much broader scale than just this video in particular, but I do hope I was of some help. My apologies if this is a bit unorganized or I was rambling a bit, It's 6:45am and I my brain is a bit fuzzy from lack of sleep.

My Rig: MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming, Intel Core i5-3570k, Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7870x2, Asus Xonar DX, OCZ Fatal1ty 1000w, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Boot drive, 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD in Raid 1 w/ OCZ Vertex 3 60GB Cache