Which of these two monitors should I go with for gaming/everyday use ? I really trust this community :) thanks

sanjithechef

Acer 27 or Acer 24  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Acer 27 or Acer 24

• Acer 24
    • Acer 27

I can't find info on the second one being IPS meaning the first one is automatically the better buy. Do NOT buy a TN display

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

I can't find info on the second one being IPS meaning the first one is automatically the better buy. Do NOT buy a TN display

thank you for replying so quickly! I might be wrong, but thought the 27 inch was a VA panel

what games are you looking to play? would prefer the 24", 1080p on a 27" is kinda meh.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 minute ago, sanjithechef said:

thank you for replying so quickly! I might be wrong, but thought the 27 inch was a VA panel

VA is usually nowhere near IPS. Colors are shitty, contrast is low and viewing angles are average. Like I said, IPS or nothing

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

VA is usually nowhere near IPS. Colors are shitty, contrast is low and viewing angles are average. Like I said, IPS or nothing

thanks for the advice, appreciate it

17 minutes ago, Oswin said:

what games are you looking to play? would prefer the 24", 1080p on a 27" is kinda meh.

Everything lol, but Apex Legends (hence why 144hz), Sekiro, The Witcher 3, and eventually Cyberpunk 

1 minute ago, sanjithechef said:

Everything lol, but Apex Legends (hence why 144hz), Sekiro, The Witcher 3, and eventually Cyberpunk 

the 24" would be my go to

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

If they both have similar specs try to get the bigger 27 if you can. I have a 27" monitor and it really feels immersive especially if it curved. 

IPS is a bit better than VA but VA panels can have deeper blacks and VA panels are still very good. Both are much better than TN panels.

For gaming, IPS is better than VA at latency, you'll probably get less blurring at high fps. TN would be fastest but the colors would be washed out and if you're not looking directly at the screen, the colors can shift a bit. TN is least color accurate, if you're ever gonna plan on editing videos or stuff like that, you should stay away from such monitors.

The 2nd link says open box ... be careful about that.. it could be a monitor that was bought by someone and returned because it has some bad pixels or something.

Either way, I'd suggest looking at more options, not just those two. And maybe also look at 120-144 fps monitors, you don't need 165fps and probably won't notice anything above 120fps.

1 minute ago, MacOS_User said:

If they both have similar specs try to get the bigger 27 if you can. I have a 27" monitor and it really feels immersive especially if it curved. 

I guess that's what I am unsure of, if the specs/panel type (etc.) are really that similar - I would also like to think a bigger monitor is more immersive, but not at the cost of a "better" monitor in other areas besides size. Thank you

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

IPS is a bit better than VA but VA panels can have deeper blacks and VA panels are still very good. Both are much better than TN panels.

For gaming, IPS is better than VA at latency, you'll probably get less blurring at high fps. TN would be fastest but the colors would be washed out and if you're not looking directly at the screen, the colors can shift a bit. TN is least color accurate, if you're ever gonna plan on editing videos or stuff like that, you should stay away from such monitors.

The 2nd link says open box ... be careful about that.. it could be a monitor that was bought by someone and returned because it has some bad pixels or something.

Either way, I'd suggest looking at more options, not just those two. And maybe also look at 120-144 fps monitors, you don't need 165fps and probably won't notice anything above 120fps.

Thank you for the insight on panel types - good point on the dead pixels