petition to optimize minecraft for multi threading.

Basil Alias

Yeah sorry to break it to you but I doubt an online petition is going to fundamentally change the way their whole 10+ year old 3D Java engine works.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

Yeah sorry to break it to you but I doubt an online petition is going to fundamentally change the way their whole 10+ year old 3D Java engine works.

still worth a shot

I'm pretty sure to make it mulit-threaded optimized, Mojang would have to literally re-code the whole of the base game, and then server owners would have to as well.

Minecraft has so low requirements, why would you need to spread it to more than one CPU core?

*** Moderators note ***

1. Threads merged. Please post only once per subject.
  2. Moved to Off Topic. Any petition, poll or survey which is not handled through forums belongs to Off Topic only.
  3. This post doesn't have enough context to be left open. You can post just links only in Status Updates. Otherwise we require posts to have context. Links should be only for more information or to aid for discussion.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv