MOTHERBOARD FOR i3-9100f

Hello,

So I was running a G4560 with a RX580 in a Asus Prime H110M-P.

My CPU was bottlenecking so I decided to try and sell it, and incredible I sold the CPU and MB in 2 hours.

I want to buy the i3-9100f because for the price here in my country, is my best choice and a considerable upgrade from my old CPU.

Im not sure what to pair it with, can you help me?

My two options here seems to be H310M-E or B365M-A.

Im looking at ASUS since it has better prices here and the difference between these two models is not much, so I want the best one.

Will any of this match with 9100f?

I DDR4 2400 mhz so I assume this will not be a problem for any motherboard choice.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-H310M-E/

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-B365M-A/

What is the 9100f priced at ? 

I would seriously avoid this platform as a whole and go with zen 2 or even comet lake considering this is a dead platform. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

What is the 9100f priced at ? 

I would seriously avoid this platform as a whole and go with zen 2 or even comet lake considering this is a dead platform. 

I3-9100F is currently 84usd

The two motherboards are 88usd and 95usd the B365

Could you suggest other CPU/MB option so I can see the prices and if there is any in stock in our market?

Thanks

ps. I dont mind Intel or AMD

Just now, MARCOIC said:

I3-9100F is currently 84usd

That's a really bad deal for a relatively bad cpu. 

Just now, MARCOIC said:

Could you suggest other CPU/MB option so I can see the prices and if there is any in stock in our market

3100 / 3300x. With a b450 pro 4 or a pro vdh max.

If these boards are two expensive. The ds3h or the b450 s2h while yes subpart and I personally wouldn't recommend them if you can afford the boards mentioned above. They should be fine if your on a seriously right budget. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

8 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

That's a really bad deal for a relatively bad cpu. 

3100 / 3300x. With a b450 pro 4 or a pro vdh max.

If these boards are two expensive. The ds3h or the b450 s2h while yes subpart and I personally wouldn't recommend them if you can afford the boards mentioned above. They should be fine if your on a seriously right budget. 

4 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Bad CPU, bad price. Buy a 3100 or 3300x, with a B450 pro4 or if thats too expensive for you grab a b450 s2h or ds3h. If you are on a really tight budget then get the 1600 AF.

Ok guys, so we dont have those CPU available.

First of all thanks for helping me choose a new system.

We have

3200G at 122usd

3400G at 177usd ish

2600 at 187usd

3600 at 250usd

As a reference the B450pro4 is 145usd 

I understand those are better options but currently way above the total price 183usd for the intel + B350.

Hacing these prices in mind would you still consider the 9100f or that one is completely of the table?

3 minutes ago, MARCOIC said:

Hacing these prices in mind would you still consider the 9100f or that one is completely of the table?

I wouldn't get it. If your on a seriously right budget. Either wait for the prices to normalize a bit or get a 9100f and a b360 board ( not that it needs a bios update to support your cpu )

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

What area are you in? There are some supply problems currently but in my area a 3600 is $170 and the Pro4 is $80.

Im all the way down in Argentina :(

Prices are expected to be higher that you would find in amazon or those sites (we cant buy from those sites).

Plus we dont always have stock, like in these case with the 3100 and 3300x

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

Ah, okay. I guess the 9100f would be your best option, as much as I would like to recommend Ryzen so you have an upgrade path. If at all possible get the cheapest Ryzen CPU and any B450 motherboard so that you can upgrade later.

That is interesting, any Ryzen will be upgradable with the same MB in the future?

Im updating my son's pc aswell, thing is he dont get a GPU :P

So I had already in mind for him a 3400G with vega 11 with B450 MB (total 312usd)

Since for example a GT1030 is 156usd I though the vega11 was a good option and a considerable update from what he is currently using (only plays LOL and that kind of stuff).

Also in the future I could just throw a GPU in there and update him for a couple years more.

Im bummed out that we dont get all CPU options available, that's why I was going for the 9100f myself.

2 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Yeah, so Ryzen uses the same AM4 socket. A B450 motherboard can run anything from 1st gen Ryzen up to 4th gen Ryzen, as confirmed by AMD. You do need to update the BIOS however. This means you don't have to buy a new motherboard every generation *cough* intel *cough*. A GT 1030 for $156 is an awful deal. I wouldn't pay $40 for it in the U.S. I would recommend for your son just to get a Ryzen APU (with the G suffix which denotes that it has a graphics processor built in), and then you can upgrade it for him when 4th gen Ryzen APUs release pretty soon. You can use a Ryzen APU with a dedicated graphics card, if that's cheaper for you.

I understand. Thanks for your time.

So I wasnt so off when I considered the 3400G for my son (video cards here are insanely high).

Rounding up my config.

Let's say I go with the 3200g (most cheap available at 122usd), isnt that one slower than the 9100f at 84usd?

Understanding that upgrading the intel one in the future would requiere to get a new MB, is hard to not choose a cheaper CPU with better performance right?

And more importantly, would I keep bottenecking my RX580 with a 3200g?

Thanks for helping me decide my new config.