pc doesn't boot further than the bios

Go to solution Solved by Aravr,

I solved the problem, it turns out the only way to fix this problem is by reinstalling windows, it alse turns out that it is recomended to reinstall windows after a cpu and motherboard swap.

I recently put a amd ryzen 7 3800x in my system, it instantly worked. Yesterday I was still able to boot the computer, but today it radomly doesn't boot further than the bios. I allready took the battery out of the motherboard and did reset the motherboard, I disassembled the computer and assembled it again, nothing worked. Can someone help me?

my specs:

-cpu: 3800x

-motherboard: gigabyte b450m s2H

-gpu: rx 560 (i know it's a bad card, i'm already looking for a new one)

1 minute ago, LowSpecFalcon said:

Have you tried reinstalling Windows?

I would also check this. Maybe see if you can boot to a USB? This seems like less of a problem with the upgrade or BIOS, and more of a problem with your Windows installation.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

No, one other thing, every time i boot I hear one beep, this was already happeninng when i could boot to windows 

it is a ami uefi, one beep means dram refresh faillure, what can i do?

1 minute ago, Aravr said:

No, one other thing, every time i boot I hear one beep, this was already happeninng when i could boot to windows

Pretty sure that's just normal if it was doing it when the PC was working. My board doesn't do it, but some motherboards beep to indicate that it was able to post (or something like that. I know I used to have an old computer that would beep whenever the computer booted into the OS)

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

ok, will reinstalling windows wipe the ssd that i use?, because ther are some files on that ssd that i use

Just now, Aravr said:

ok, will reinstalling windows wipe the ssd that i use?, because ther are some files on that ssd that i use

Completely reinstalling windows will, but you could try repairing instead of reinstalling, which would keep your files safe to my knowledge.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

i already tried repairing with a usb, it says that is couldn't find any promblems

10 minutes ago, Aravr said:

That's called the POST beep. It means the system performed the Power On Self Test successfully.

Do you have a boot override menu in your BIOS? If you select your drive then boot what does the system do?

firstly, when it boots, i hit f12 and select the correct drive, and then in the left upper corner there is a blinking line

20200709_170306.jpg

20200709_170300.jpg

20200709_170249.jpg

I solved the problem, it turns out the only way to fix this problem is by reinstalling windows, it alse turns out that it is recomended to reinstall windows after a cpu and motherboard swap.