Windows Different monitor sizes wrong?

Windows shows this, My main monitor is 1440p and my second is 1080p they are the same size irl and windows shows them as different sizes. I understand they are different resolutions but it is anoying whenever I span my wallpaper that can fit on 2 1440p monitors across both of these that everything gets cut off almost like its cropped. Even on my main monitor things are cropped on the right side. I want to know if there is a fix I presume this would not b e an issue if windows showed the second monitor as the same "size" as the main one. How can I fix this issue

image.thumb.png.1a0a612ffb930293b806d426dd267527.png

Yeah no windows does it by resolution.

You need to photoshop your wallpaper to span both monitors buy have the image scaled down on the smaller one so it doesn't get cropped.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Windows DOES NOT deal with monitor size, only resolution. This is normal behavior.

I also use a multi-monitor setup and have had this problem for decades, so im low on hope for a solution.
But i really hope you find one, i could use it as well. :)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah no windows does it by resolution.

You need to photoshop your wallpaper to span both monitors buy have the image scaled down on the smaller one so it doesn't get cropped.

Ah but then image quality will be shit on my 1440p monitor.... I wish windows was smarter

Use 2 different wallpapers for the monitors that match their resolution. You can get wallpapers online broken into pieces for dual and triple monitor setups. Download one part 1080 and the 2nd part 144p.

Problem solved

2 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

Use 2 different wallpapers for the monitors that match their resolution. You can get wallpapers online broken into pieces for dual and triple monitor setups. Download one part 1080 and the 2nd part 144p.

Problem solved

Hm interesting Idea.... Do you know anywhere I can do that?

I have used this program (https://sourceforge.net/projects/dualmonitortool/) in the past to make wallpaper for my two mismatched monitors. It was about 4 year ago on Win7 where it worked as expected, but I don't know how well it works on Win10.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

25 minutes ago, Randomizer23 said:

Ah but then image quality will be shit on my 1440p monitor.... I wish windows was smarter

Make it 2x1440p, it will be 1440p on your main monitor and 1080p on the other.

You just need to shrink the image on the 1080p side from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080 with some blank space at the top.

Then align the two screens on the bottom in the windows settings.

The problem though is that the mouse pointer wont align when moving between monitors.

Maybe look into displayfusion software?

This is why you shouldn't use different resolutions when doing multi-monitor.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah but lets be honest, the resolutions being different isnt the problem here. Its the lack of proper coding for a thing that not many use.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

48 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Make it 2x1440p, it will be 1440p on your main monitor and 1080p on the other.

You just need to shrink the image on the 1080p side from 2560x1440 to 1920x1080 with some blank space at the top.

Then align the two screens on the bottom in the windows settings.

The problem though is that the mouse pointer wont align when moving between monitors.

Maybe look into displayfusion software?

I dont care about the mouse not aligning as I have gotten used to it and I did not know windows would be this fucking retarded but ya

51 minutes ago, Randomizer23 said:

I dont care about the mouse not aligning as I have gotten used to it and I did not know windows would be this fucking retarded but ya

Yeah, you either need to use software to have different backgrounds on each monitor or you need to photoshop your wallpaper.

You need to make an image that is 1920+2560 pixels wide and 1440p tall.

The part that goes on the 1440p monitor is 2560x1440 (idk if its on your right or left side) and the part that goes on the 1080p monitor is 1920x1440 but there only needs to be image that is 1920x1080 so some blank space will be above it but that shouldn't show up on your monitor, it will get cut off.

Before:

86559.thumb.jpg.9c9ce2795a82f1601cefafd1ad13457b.jpg

After:

2.thumb.jpg.e9eb85409f98530f5b0e4d95ab3cf41d.jpg

The final image should look something like this, 1440p beside 1080p with some blank space on the top.

When you align the two displays along the bottom it should make the wallpaper spread properly through both monitors (hopefully).

Spoiler

52 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah, you either need to use software to have different backgrounds on each monitor or you need to photoshop your wallpaper.

You need to make an image that is 1920+2560 pixels wide and 1440p tall.

The part that goes on the 1440p monitor is 2560x1440 (idk if its on your right or left side) and the part that goes on the 1080p monitor is 1920x1440 but there only needs to be image that is 1920x1080 so some blank space will be above it but that shouldn't show up on your monitor, it will get cut off.

Before:

86559.thumb.jpg.9c9ce2795a82f1601cefafd1ad13457b.jpg

After:

2.thumb.jpg.e9eb85409f98530f5b0e4d95ab3cf41d.jpg

The final image should look something like this, 1440p beside 1080p with some blank space on the top.

When you align the two displays along the bottom it should make the wallpaper spread properly through both monitors (hopefully).

Okay will try this