Worth to get a dac?

Go to solution Solved by Sors,

So I don't really have to worry about a new dedicated dac then? I was thinking about a audio quest dragonfly, but didn't know whether it was worth it over integrated.

That would sound almost the same to what you already have, I wouldn't worry about it.

So I've been starting to get into audio recently on my dads old pair of HD595s , and I wondered around how much money do I have to spend to outperform the dac on a macbook pro retina. I understand that laptop dacs generally suck, but the one on my macbook seems to be doing quite well. I compared against my fiio E7 and did not hear much of a difference (its a little warmer on the E7), and definitely not worth the $70. I was just wondering how much money would I have to spend to get noticeable improvement. 

Btw, I am just concerning the dac, I am using a pretty decent amp that can drive basically anything.

So I've been starting to get into audio recently on my dads old pair of HD595s , and I wondered around how much money do I have to spend to outperform the dac on a macbook pro retina. I understand that laptop dacs generally suck, but the one on my macbook seems to be doing quite well. I compared against my fiio E7 and did not hear much of a difference (its a little warmer on the E7), and definitely not worth the $70. I was just wondering how much money would I have to spend to get noticeable improvement. 

Btw, I am just concerning the dac, I am using a pretty decent amp that can drive basically anything.

the DAC would be almost the same, what makes the difference between a Macbook and some Laptops is the AMP they used in the Macbook.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

the DAC would be almost the same, what makes the difference between a Macbook and some Laptops is the AMP they used in the Macbook.

So I don't really have to worry about a new dedicated dac then? I was thinking about a audio quest dragonfly, but didn't know whether it was worth it over integrated.

That would sound almost the same to what you already have, I wouldn't worry about it.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Only if your onboard stops working.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review