(Sponsored) 2 Games Running on the Same Laptop... WHAT?

JonoT

Honestly, having two screens on a laptop like this is a fairly good compromise to be fair.
One gets to have a keyboard, touchpad and also two screens without those weird folding screen designs some manufacturers have showcased...
That the second screen tilts up also seems like a very useful feature, since better viewing angles is truly an advantage, might also be easier to interact with.

Also, time for a "two games at once" tournament at LMG, to see who is the real champion of this frankly odd combination. (Channel Super Fun maybe?)

Does anyone know when the Core I-910980Hk, RTX 2080 Super Max-Q, 15' 300hrz Screen variant of the product shown in this video, the Asus ROG Zephyrus Duo 15, will be available in Canada? I've been looking everywhere and can only find the weaker Core I-7 and RTX 2070 variant of this laptop. I wish to get the variant seen in this video, the I-9 10980Hk, RTX 2080, 15' 300hrz screen variant of this laptop, but no Canadian retailer has it listed. I have spoken with all the retailers and Asus about this and they say to keep checking over the course of July to see if that variant pops up, which I can understand since Asus has been slowly bringing this product into market since Covid-19 has made it harder for them to manufacture and bring this kind of product to international markets all at once, but getting confirmation from either someone in the forms or LTT themselves on when that the version of this laptop will be available for Canadian shoppers like me to purchase and have shipped out to me. If I can, I rather avoid using American retailers to get the version of the Asus ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 that I want as it's more risky for it to get damaged when having it shipped across the border, as well as Covid-19 making it near impossible to have such products be shipped to or from other countries like the United States and Canada.   

You can actually do that. Use two keyboards/mice on two different applications. With swaywm it is possible to assing the two different displays to two different workspaces and then the displays could also assigned to their own seat! For further explaination consult the manual of sway-input and sway-output. Sway doesn't work nicely with NVidia GPUs though so this might not be possible on this particular device. Anthony could still play with it though and try to get this working another way.

Hi guys, 

Can anyone tell me what's the song (the one with the violins :-D ) that is playing when Linus and Riley are playing games? 

The only semi-realistic way I could see someone gaming on both monitors would be for when playing games like csgo and rainbow six. That way, when you die you can play something like Minecraft or pcbuilding sim while you wait for the round to end.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

19 hours ago, Nh_Bleker97 said:

My advice would be to contact Asus directly. They might be able/willing to say.

8 hours ago, AngelosMo said:

Only song listed in the description other than the intro is sugar high by approaching nirvana. Is that it?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

14 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

Only song listed in the description other than the intro is sugar high by approaching nirvana. Is that it?

Hmm.. Well, their is a section while they are playing the games where a song with violins and piano is coming up. I don't think it is the sugar high. This is the one in the end. 

Anyway, thanks for the help and the suggestion. 😄

Have you tested it gaming on an external screen? I'm considering using a 49" ultrawide (5,120 x 1,440) when at home and was wondering how performance might be. A little worried about performance if I replace my desktop (gtx 1080). Also curious if you have to keep the laptop open when playing on an external display because if it's closed, it takes away all room for air to get in and cool the laptop.