wireless wifi router

BigRecoiilz

I'm looking for a wireless Wi-Fi router that I can connect to my internet modem wirelessly, but connect my gaming pc by ethernet to it. So say my modem is in my office on the first floor. I want a router that I can have in my room on the second floor to connect to my modem but connect with ethernet on my gaming PC. Not too expensive please!

8 minutes ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

I'm looking for a wireless Wi-Fi router that I can connect to my internet modem wirelessly, but connect my gaming pc by ethernet to it. So say my modem is in my office on the first floor. I want a router that I can have in my room on the second floor to connect to my modem but connect with ethernet on my gaming PC. Not too expensive please!

What you're looking for is called a Wireless Bridge - it "sucks in" a WiFi signal and provides ethernet ports to connect wired devices to. Keep in mind that the quality will only be as good as the WiFi signal being picked up by the bridge, so if WiFi already sucks in the room a bridge won't help with that.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, kirashi said:

What you're looking for is called a Wireless Bridge - it "sucks in" a WiFi signal and provides ethernet ports to connect wired devices to. Keep in mind that the quality will only be as good as the WiFi signal being picked up by the bridge, so if WiFi already sucks in the room a bridge won't help with that.

I understand, I don't have any wifi for my pc. I've always had to move it back and forth from my room to my office to connect it to ethernet, and I get a really good 5ghz connection in my room (always 280mbs or more)

LoL bro we had the same question.

What's the odds.

I know it's called wireless bridge however if you google for routers with "wireless bridge" there will popup alot of small things with "WIFI bridge" that i doubt they even have a Ethernet port.

4 minutes ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

I understand, I don't have any wifi for my pc. I've always had to move it back and forth from my room to my office to connect it to ethernet, and I get a really good 5ghz connection in my room (always 280mbs or more)

Excellent, so yeah, you can use something like Netgear's EX7000 as a wireless bridge to suck in a WiFi signal and provide a wired connection to devices in the room over ethernet. Many wireless extenders support Access Point & Bridge modes, so you just need to check the documentation and/or manuals to see if they support bridge mode. While I understand price is a concern, bear in mind that most wireless extenders under $80 CAD are ... not great, so I don't recommend using them unless you're within a room or 2 of the router/modem, at most.

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/EX7000.aspx

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

23 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Excellent, so yeah, you can use something like Netgear's EX7000 as a wireless bridge to suck in a WiFi signal and provide a wired connection to devices in the room over ethernet. Many wireless extenders support Access Point & Bridge modes, so you just need to check the documentation and/or manuals to see if they support bridge mode. While I understand price is a concern, bear in mind that most wireless extenders under $80 CAD are ... not great, so I don't recommend using them unless you're within a room or 2 of the router/modem, at most.

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/EX7000.aspx

Thanks for the reply however this router in my country costs 120 euro so if you could suggest a cheaper one it would be even better!

3 hours ago, Hz Eurythmic said:

I can't see this being cheap if you try to create a wireless bridge. Also, if what you're calling a "modem" has a built in router and access point, you can try an extender, but it's not guaranteed to work or maintain full speed as though you were directly connected to the ISP device. Power line is an alternative but has the same problems and is a hit or miss at success. MoCA is better if you have existing coaxial runs, but definitely not cheap.

Believe it it not, the cheapest option is also the simplest option that will more than likely give you full performance, although it requires running ethernet. If all you need is a wired connection to your room, just run some ethernet cables by fixing them neatly against the floor/wall/ceiling edge.