There's a black widow in my pc

tenor.gif

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Black widows are house spiders. They have evolved alongside people and their homes; without the selective pressures of the outdoors. That is to say, if you put a spider outside, it will either return to a house or most likely die.

Personally, I leave house spiders alone (they kill vectors like flies and mosquitos). Unless I find a hobo, brown recluse, or black widow. Those unfortunately need to be disposed of due to the threat they pose. I use a wood block or a torch, depending on the situation.

Edit: NVM these guys can live outside. The above applies to most house spiders though.

It's funny that I see this post...last week or so while watching a LTT video during dinner time, I saw a black thing fall from the ceiling onto my desk that is the center left of the position of the screen. It was a damn spider....I was staring it down and it didn't move as I was yelling for my dad to get a napkin as I know if I move away, the spider will. I got a napkin a minute later and tried to kill it and it went at a diagonal to the top left of my desk. I didn't know where it went so I put the YouTube video back on and saw the spider move around from the speaker I have on my desk. I managed to lift the speaker up and killed the damn thing. Then I went to take it for a special treatment in the bathroom 🤣🤣🤣.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

There's a differtence between bats and flying foxes though. Flying foxes would be great news to me...

otherwise:

I guess the reference system would be Schmidt sting pain index. Bullet ant seems bad, at least from Coyote Petersons videos..

Bullet ants are fine if it’s just one, but if you are out and get stung there’s usually around 200 more stings, bad juju.

2 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

I live in the UK so the worst venomous thing here is an adder but from reading around is it true that though the bites can fucking hurt they not super lethal outside of the usual elderly, children and health issues crowd? 

What the hell is an adder?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

4 hours ago, Eighjan said:

That ain't big... Theraphosa Blondi - THAT'S big.

4 hours ago, Eighjan said:

TOLD ya...

Cute, ain't it...?  :D

No thank you.

You keep it.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

5 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Ah it’s just a cute danger noodle, seems to not like hoomans, also saw a “slow worm” on that page and now feel a need to hold one.

AMD blackout rig

Move to Australia if you are worried, Only  small protion of our insects or animals are dangerous.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Move to Australia if you are worried, Only  small protion of our insects or animals are dangerous.

And this is exactly why I will never go to Australia,

seen some creepy thing in your nightmares? Probably something similar to it in Australia 

AMD blackout rig

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

And this is exactly why I will never go to Australia,

seen some creepy thing in your nightmares? Probably something similar to it in Australia 

Nah, I've been here my whole life, got bitten by a spider once, nothing happened.  well...    almost nothing...   I can now climb walls without a rope and shoot white stuff out my wrists,  but other than that nothing happened.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Nah, I've been here my whole life, got bitten by a spider once, nothing happened.  well...    almost nothing...   I can now climb walls without a rope and shoot white stuff out my wrists,  but other than that nothing happened.

Little do you know you’re just hallucinating from the spider venom 

AMD blackout rig

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

Little do you know you’re just hallucinating from the spider venom 

Some seriously potent venom, that was like 15 years ago.

12 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

<snip> is it true that though the bites can fucking hurt they not super lethal outside of the usual elderly, children and health issues crowd? 

Mostly true. If the Black Widow is full size 1.5-2inches and has the red hour glass they are the more lethal ones and can kill you. If you are a healthy adult, you most likely will not die but you do need to be treated just incase.

The more common western black widow (or button black widow) bite hurts like hell though. I have them all over my garage and they get about 3/4 - 1 inch. 

Black Widows will only bite if threatened just like most spiders. They dont bite because they can.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

18 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Mostly true. If the Black Widow is full size 1.5-2inches and has the red hour glass they are the more lethal ones and can kill you. If you are a healthy adult, you most likely will not die but you do need to be treated just incase.

The more common western black widow (or button black widow) bite hurts like hell though. I have them all over my garage and they get about 3/4 - 1 inch. 

Black Widows will only bite if threatened just like most spiders. They dont bite because they can.

Just curious. We don’t get anything dangerous over here really. Aside from scousers of course.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

this applies to a lot of animals, i remember drunkenly chasing a rat at a party then watching in disbelief as it started to run back and chase me instead.

we did figure out who was boss that night

AMD blackout rig

I’m surprised with myself that I read through the whole post. Did give me anxiety though because my PC is by the window.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X