Obsessed With Your PC

Geekazoid

...you are more excited about installing new components to run games better than about the games themselves.

That's exactly what happens to me :D

Intel i5 3570K. Cooler Master Seidon 120V. Asus P8Z77-V LK. Corsair vengeance LP 8GB. EVGA GTX 980 TI ACX 2.0+ SC. Seasonic M12-II 750w. NZXT H440. Crucial BX100 250GB. Corsair Neutron 64GB SSD. Seagate 1TB. Razer Death Adder 2013. Razer Blackwidow Tournament. Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 ohm/Mod Mic 4.0. FiiO E10K DAC. Steelseries QCK+. Benq XL2430T@144Hz. 2x Dell U2414H. Phone Sony Xperia Z3

LOL thats a bit extreme there... I need mah clothes and bed... 

Haha maybe a little, but I really need to buy some cloths  :P

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

Thats kinda why it was a joke, the case empty is 45lbs. :P

Haha, yeah. 20KG is kind of ridiculous.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

When you're more content spending money on pc parts then having no cloths or car or sheets for the bed.

Lol, that's when you need to join COFA (Computer Obsessed Freaks Anonymous). :P

Yes, probably lame but that's the best I could come up with. :D

...when you forget to eat lunch because your using your PC...

Sometimes I don't even eat at all xD

Sometimes I don't even eat at all xD

Are you now like "food, what's that?"? :P

That was epic :')

Thought someone would like that, I did. :P

Hi guys,

So, given that this IS a tech forum I would imagine there are some members on here that are a tad or more obsessed with their PC and can't stand to be away from it. I will admit that I can spend a good few hours on mine if I get really stuck into a video editing project and so I know I should probably try and spend a few less hours on it.

So, I thought of an interesting way that you could mentioned about your obsession with your computer just by ending the following sentence:

You know you're obsessed with your PC when...

You stay up passed midnight just to be on your computer (me).  ^_^

When it's on all the time and you get on it in the morning and then when you come back in the evening.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

You spend more money on air duster than febreze for your bathroom.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

When after a hard day of working on computers all you want to do is go home and get on your computer

Another one:
You call it "precious".

CPUIntel Core I5-3570k @4.2Ghz |  CoolerBeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MOBOMsi Z77 Mpower | GPUSapphire HD7970 Dual-X 3GB RAMCorsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600mhz (2x8GB) | HDD Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB & HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB | PSU: BeQuiet! PurePower L8 630w | Case: Corsair C70 Military Green | Display: BenQ GL2450HM 24" KeyboardCM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Keyboard (Browns) | MouseR.A.T 7 | Mouse padSteelseries QcK Mass | Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780 | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate | Picture of setuphttp://i.imgur.com/o8jKsQJ.jpg (OLD)

caressing the monitor before turning it off and saying "I'll see you tomorrow my precious". then walking gollum-style away from the computer to the bed

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

a) When you cannot imagine just owning and using one.

b ) When you cannot sleep knowing it is not in good working order and running.

c) When unusual computer activity (noises) actually wakes you up.

d) When C happens and you must find out what happened before returning to sleep.

e) If the first thing you think of in a house fire is getting your computer(s) out.

f) When you pull an all nighter to fix a problem with it despite not needing to do anything on it (homework, urgent project, et al).

g) When someone changing a setting on it freaks you out.

I am guilty of all of the above and more :blink:

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

When you have more than 1 web browser and use them all for different things.

When none of those browsers are IE.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

...you open the side panel every day just to check it's still clean

I do it once a week, obsessively cleaning fan filters and lightly dusting the empty areas of my case.

d) When C happens and you must find out what happened before returning to sleep.

e) If the first thing you think of in a house fire is getting your computer(s) out.

f) When you pull an all nighter to fix a problem with it despite not needing to do anything on it (homework, urgent project, et al).

I can relate to all of those bolded points. I definitely relate to f). I used to do that all the time when I first started building PCs and was literally tinkering with everything which caused problems and kept me up at night. Then I had several failed OC attempts with my 965BE and my 8350. I used to stay up till 3-4am stability testing to see what kind of OC I could push and if it would remain stable with decent temps. Never again :S

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Hmm...I think there must be a lot of obsessed PC users on this forum.....unless of course these are all just made up. :D

When you spend more time dreaming about and upgrading your pc for games and never play them

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.

wow feels good to know that im not alone.

Steam: gray_fox_br

This all but explains me!

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.