Good 1440p 144hz monitor with good white/brightness uniformity

Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking for a new gaming monitor with good white uniformity. I've already tried the lg ultragear 27gla850 (IPS) (2 of them), but both had very poor white/brightness uniformity (vingentting --> dark edges around the corners) and one had a yellow tint in the left corner. As I use it for studying besides gaming and it’s quite bothering to see when browsing the web or when using Word.  I could understand why it’s the best for gaming, but that’s the only good point I can think of when it came to this monitor. Some may have had luck and do not have the problems I had, but I don’t want to try this lottery again.

I can live with some ips glow as this is something that’s almost always guaranteed, but I can't live with poor brightness/white uniformity. 

I’ve also tried the Dell S3220DGF (VA), but this monitor had some degree of black smearing and had a freesync issue where, when you turn it on, starts flickering. Both of these were in the 400-500 euros range. I’m looking to spend somewhere similar, but 100 euros above budget is fine if this gives me the monitor I want.

Thank you for your help 😊

23 minutes ago, Delighted said:

Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking for a new gaming monitor with good white uniformity. I've already tried the lg ultragear 27gla850 (IPS) (2 of them), but both had very poor white/brightness uniformity (vingentting --> dark edges around the corners) and one had a yellow tint in the left corner. As I use it for studying besides gaming and it’s quite bothering to see when browsing the web or when using Word.  I could understand why it’s the best for gaming, but that’s the only good point I can think of when it came to this monitor. Some may have had luck and do not have the problems I had, but I don’t want to try this lottery again.

I can live with some ips glow as this is something that’s almost always guaranteed, but I can't live with poor brightness/white uniformity. 

I’ve also tried the Dell S3220DGF (VA), but this monitor had some degree of black smearing and had a freesync issue where, when you turn it on, starts flickering. Both of these were in the 400-500 euros range. I’m looking to spend somewhere similar, but 100 euros above budget is fine if this gives me the monitor I want.

Thank you for your help 😊

Could look at the options from ASUS such as the PG279Q or the Tuf VG27AQ. Tbh, I'm not sure you will find anything much better than the LG, but maybe check those two out in case

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

The LG is is of the best-in-class options for uniformity in your price range. I guess you were really unlucky with your models. 2 of my friends have it and never had this issue.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.